• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire VIVO power connector problems?

SLI_Fallen

I received my Saphhire X800 Pro VIVO 2 days ago and was thrilled that I found it had the 1.6ns Samsung GDDR3 RAM on both sides (Some rumors of some cards coming with 2.0ns on the back) Anyways, I toss the card in, connect the AUX power connector (Same one that was hooked to my 9800Pro256) power up and I am greeted with beeping and a red flashing screen telling me that "The power connector is not connected" Tried in another PC same thing. Even fed the connecter with it's own power supply and no dice.

Read over on Rage3D that others having same problem, but many have evernmax P.S.'s I dont.

Anyone here see same bug?

I've RMA'd it (can only exchange) and read some going thru THREE cards before getting one that works. Ouch!

zealot`grr

well, I dunno - maybe a bad solder job at the connector something like that?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
haven't heard that one yet ... 3 times? Dang that would stink :mad:
Good luck on the next one ... let us know

SLI_Fallen

Well, now it *IS* three for me. 2 VIVO's and then now a X800 P.E. that finally showed up after four months of waiting for it. All three same bug, multiple P.C.s (the P.E. even being taken back personally to Best Buy and it tested bad there too).

I am so beyond upset at this point I just hardly can type this.

Gambit

4 months wow and this was all done at BEST BUY?? If it was I wld consider shopping some place else from now on, and if not BB let us know where so that we all can stay away from there!