• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire X800 Pro Artifact Problems

Enzlow

I got a Sapphire X800 Pro VIVO(Blue PCB) for xmas 3 months ago and put it in my newly built rig(See specs below). I got it up to xt pe speeds, but never flashed it or anything because I was happy with it the way it was. Everything worked like a dream with the card, games were great and i got about a 12,000 in 3DMark03. I never had any problems with it until this morning.

This morning I fire up WoW and notice some image corruption where polys were going crazy and getting some minor artifacts. The funny thing is, is that it did it randomly and not constantly. When I saw this I figured it was a problem with WoW so I rebooted my machine. After it was rebooted I got artifacts and image corruption in the BIOS info screen and also on my desktop. That lead me to believe it was not WoW specific, so I am now thinking the problem is with the actual card.

I have had some image corruption issues with my other 9700Pro AIW and all I had to do was hit the power switch on the PSU and turn it back on and fire up the machine, which fixed it. Well that didnt work with this card. I also took the card out and put it back in with no luck.

So I rebooted the comp, went into BIOS and set all of my settings to default and go into windows...... same problem. I got some blue vertical dotted lines running through my desktop that flashed on and off. I popped open ATI Tool and ran the arifact scanner, which filled the screen with a butt load of yellow artifacts.

So I reboot again and ran it again, this time however the artifact scanner ran fine and also the artifacts on the desktop were also gone. Mind you when doing all of this the card never got above 65c. I have had the card up to 72c when stress testing but it worked fine when I did that.

Now I just get the random corruption and was wondering if any of you gurus had any idea what to do. I have never dealt with Sapphire before and want to try to avoid that the best I can.

Specs:

Case: Antec P160
PSU: 550w Enermax
MoBo: Asus P4C800E-Deluxe
Processor: Intel P4 3.0ghz (Northwood)
Memory: 1gig of OCZ PC4000 250DDR Gold rev. 2 (2 x 512)
Video Card: Sapphire X800 Pro VIVO (Blue PCB, OEM)
Sound Card: Audigy 2 Platinum
DVD Drive: Sony DRU710A Dual Layer Burner
CD Drive: Liteon CD burner
Harddrives: 2 SATA WD 80 gigs RAID 0(system), 2 ATA WD 160 gigs RAID 0, 1 ATA Hitachi 200 gigs
Monitor: Viewsonic 19" Flat CRT
Keyboard: Logitech Elite
Mouse: Logitech MX500
Speakers: Logitech z680

I used to have the machine running at 233fsb(1:1) but put it back down to 200fsb(1:1) when the artifacts occurred

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Enzlow