• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire X800 Pro Vivo Flash Problem

Consilio

Hi guys,

Any help on this would be very appreciated...

I have a Sapphire X800 Pro VIVO Vid card 256mb DDR3 PCI-E.

I successfully flashed the card with the Sapphire X800 XT Bios but when rebooting windows determines the card is now an X800 SE and when using ATI Tool I show only 12 pipelines though the core and memory clocks are both at 500 which is at the XT clock rate.

The card has the yellow adapter, I tried several bios's all with success but they all show the card to be X800 SE after I restart. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I saw another post on here where someone was using the wrong version of the flashrom program. ATIflash doesnt work at all, it doesnt recognize the card at all.

I use flashrom, and I think its flashrom16p, any help at all would be appreciated.

Consilio

further info

After further research this doesnt quite make sense.

ATI Tool shows the core to be R423 which is the same as the X800 XT PCI-E.

The driver that window wants to put in is the X800 SE, this is shown to have only 8 pipelines at 425/350 here:

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/

I am running windows MC 2005 if that makes any difference. Does the bios flash make the card report a different core?

any help appreciated...