• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

sapphire x800 pro/xt mod report

Rominof

I have bought a sapphire x800 pro vivo and found that the lazer bridge was cut. So i promptly conected it and followed the instruction on this powersoft mod and it failed to unlock the extra pipes. :confused: so then i tried the rage3d gigabite method and still had 12. though i noticed it showed up as a x800se with the following bios. the ati x800xt, sapphire x800xt and gigabite x800xt. x800pro 16 pipe bios shows up as x800pro with 12 pipes in ati tool. I have reconnected the birge 3 times with conductive gew and scraped the contacts and put supper glue protecting areas not suppose to be touched. I have heard of another that had this problem and he thinks that they are protecing against the 16 pipes in bios somehow. I have 2.0 ns mem unfortunetly and ati tool shows a core of r423 with a xxxx.1 If the creater of the soft mod on this page would update it due to this new info that would be great, or if they have info on how to fix this that would be good too.

I can only assuem (if this mod has acctualy failed) that when you buy a x800 pro you run the risk of getting one that is protected in some way and was never ment to be a xt. I assue this in part due to my failure and largly due to the fact that 2.0 ns ram has been introduced witch shows my card was never ment to be a xt :mad:

If you have any ideas or info plz reply

FatMaserati

I successfully did the mod on my card. All I did was connect the two dots that had the laser cut between them. I didn't even have to flash the bios! It was an example of the mod working 100% perfectly, luckily for me.

I did a lot of research before doing the mod. I did the mod becasue I head that cores with the XXXX.1 number written on them had a greater chance of working, which is what mine happened to be. However, I have heard of the mod failing to work on XXXX.1 cards, too.

To put it simply, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Why? I'm not 100% sure.

SPHERE

Processor opteron 165
Motherboard dfi cfx3200
Cooling zalman 7000
Memory mushkin xp4000
Video Card(s) x1900xt
Storage 4x320 7200.10 raid
Display(s) 21" sony trinitron
Case v2000b lianli
Audio Device(s) x-fi platinum
Power Supply pcpac 510
Software gaydows
Rominof said:
I have bought a sapphire x800 pro vivo and found that the lazer bridge was cut. So i promptly conected it and followed the instruction on this powersoft mod and it failed to unlock the extra pipes. :confused: so then i tried the rage3d gigabite method and still had 12. though i noticed it showed up as a x800se with the following bios. the ati x800xt, sapphire x800xt and gigabite x800xt. x800pro 16 pipe bios shows up as x800pro with 12 pipes in ati tool. I have reconnected the birge 3 times with conductive gew and scraped the contacts and put supper glue protecting areas not suppose to be touched. I have heard of another that had this problem and he thinks that they are protecing against the 16 pipes in bios somehow. I have 2.0 ns mem unfortunetly and ati tool shows a core of r423 with a xxxx.1 If the creater of the soft mod on this page would update it due to this new info that would be great, or if they have info on how to fix this that would be good too.

I can only assuem (if this mod has acctualy failed) that when you buy a x800 pro you run the risk of getting one that is protected in some way and was never ment to be a xt. I assue this in part due to my failure and largly due to the fact that 2.0 ns ram has been introduced witch shows my card was never ment to be a xt :mad:

If you have any ideas or info plz reply
thats cause u have the pcie version and most of those dont mod (pcie = r423)

y? its because u have phisicaly severed pipes inside the core (ati did it at the fab :()

FatMaserati

I glanced over the fact that it was a pci-e card. Would've said that same thing as Sean.

Weigy104

Processor AMD Athlon 4200+ X2 939
Motherboard MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum
Cooling Arctic Silencer 4 and Gigabyte G-Power Pro
Memory 1GB DDR400 value crap :(
Video Card(s) X800 Pro Modded to XT via bios flash
Storage Seagate Baracuda 160GB & Samsung Spinpoint T 500GB :)
Display(s) ACER AL1751
Case Thermaltake Tsunami Dream :D
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy 4
Power Supply Enermax Liberty 400W
Software Windows XP Pro SP2, Ubuntu, Windows 2k3
yehi still havn't heard of anyone unlocking a pci-e x800 vivo or not. soz. and the reason your card showed up as x800se when you tried one of the bios was because you flashed the wrong bios. be careful cos if you fuck this up you will ruin your card completely ;)

Rominof

tkx

thanks for the help guys. i guess im out of luck :mad: . I noticed lots of strage things happening when i used thoughs other drivers like commandlines showing up in windows durring driver loads and lost/screen went black(scarry) with x800pro 16pipe bios, but mamaged to flash it back without a pci card by remembering the command lines. (one of my simpler but time saving ideas).

I would like it though if someone could get the x800 mod guid updated.
its still reads
"If you flash a PCI-E Pro VIVO and the card is detected as "X800 SE" after flashing, you flashed the wrong BIOS."
and say that its probably factory disabled and few if any have unlocked teh pcie cards.

this update to your mod page would be nice for other poeple in my situation.

SPHERE

Processor opteron 165
Motherboard dfi cfx3200
Cooling zalman 7000
Memory mushkin xp4000
Video Card(s) x1900xt
Case v2000b lianli
Power Supply pcpac 510
Software gaydows
Weigy104 said:
yehi still havn't heard of anyone unlocking a pci-e x800 vivo or not. soz. and the reason your card showed up as x800se when you tried one of the bios was because you flashed the wrong bios. be careful cos if you fuck this up you will ruin your card completely ;)
it has been done some of them come with a laser cut and some come with a laser cut and a core lock the peeps who are lucky enough to have only a laser cut have been able to unlock it :)

SPHERE

Processor opteron 165
Motherboard dfi cfx3200
Cooling zalman 7000
Memory mushkin xp4000
Video Card(s) x1900xt
Case v2000b lianli
Power Supply pcpac 510
Software gaydows
no reason lol just for looks ;)

Rominof

just out of curiosity and noobishness, do you know if the pipe lines have a ratio to to the gpu or if there is a way to change the speed of the pipe lines. (something like ajusting the LDT on a motherboard.

Also any info on the corelock would be neet to if anyone has any

SPHERE

Processor opteron 165
Motherboard dfi cfx3200
Cooling zalman 7000
Memory mushkin xp4000
Video Card(s) x1900xt
Case v2000b lianli
Power Supply pcpac 510
Software gaydows
they run at the same speed 1:1 no way to change it :(

Rominof

well thanks for the info guys :) it was quite helpful. my core is at 570 mhz without votemoding with the zalman $23 coller. votemoding should put me way up there :)

Mean Machine

Getting one of these cards in any day from costupdate.com (they ship internationally and i am in Australia) Will let you guys and girlz know how i go with the mod.

I hope did not give up my ASUS x800Pro Vivo (agp) @x850XTPE speeds for nothing. The only reason i sold it was cos i got a good buyer for my parts and am having a Zero$$ upgrade to nForce 4 and PCIE

I hope moving to PCIe will be worth it. I'll be spewing if it aint. This VGA better come through with the goods.

butsugai

I have a Sapphire x800 Pro VIVO PCI-E and after flashing it with 3 different BIOS versions can only get 12 pipelines.

However the drivers recognize it as a X800GT?!

Atitool only shows 12 pipelines though. Any clues??

SPHERE

Processor opteron 165
Motherboard dfi cfx3200
Cooling zalman 7000
Memory mushkin xp4000
Video Card(s) x1900xt
Case v2000b lianli
Power Supply pcpac 510
Software gaydows
x800gt? wtf?? r u shure lol

btw to have ant chance of getting 16 pipes on that card u need to do the laser cut mod also :)

Weigy104

Processor AMD Athlon 4200+ X2 939
Motherboard MSI K8N NEO2 Platinum
Cooling Arctic Silencer 4 and Gigabyte G-Power Pro
Memory 1GB DDR400 value crap :(
Video Card(s) X800 Pro Modded to XT via bios flash
Storage Seagate Baracuda 160GB & Samsung Spinpoint T 500GB :)
Display(s) ACER AL1751
Case Thermaltake Tsunami Dream :D
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy 4
Power Supply Enermax Liberty 400W
Software Windows XP Pro SP2, Ubuntu, Windows 2k3
sean478 said:
x800gt? wtf?? r u shure lol

btw to have ant chance of getting 16 pipes on that card u need to do the laser cut mod also :)

One of my friends had this x800gt thing appear. It was on his old card his x800se after he installed the new 5.7 cats his card appeard as x800gt. WEIRD :p

butsugai

Yea I am not kidding. The clock is at 500/500 with 12 pipelines and with the 5.7 drivers it says X800GT. It plays games fine but I am going to flash it back to the original BIOS. From what I have found most of the PCI-E cards are laser cut at the factory so my dreams of 16 pipelines will have to wait.

Last edited:

Mean Machine

Sup Ya'll i bet you have all been waiting for me to get my VGA... well i DID and boy was i dissapointed...

2ns memory (bugger) AND lasercut core DOUBLE BUGGER... ahh well never fear... we have to work with what we have. Currently running Mem test to get highest mossible speed. 553.3Mhz and counting up... not bad for 500Mhz rated memory... At the moment it's without aditional cooling.

after i find out how far memory goes. i will Bios flash accordingly. (if it dosent reach 560 then it will live out the rest of it's life an x800XT if it hits ~570 then XTPE here we come. Once flashable clocks reached and laser cut mod dosent kill the card we strap on a VF700Cu and AWAY we GOooo...

Will also do a laser cut mod and let you know how i go with thatm to enable the extra pipes. Stay tuned here for more Shitty Saphire action...

Stock clock on VGA and stock clock on system = 4900 3dmarks 05

Spec:
Asus a8n-e, Saphire x800Pro Vivo(PCI-E), x2 512 Hyperx (BH5), AMD643500+

Mean Machine

Update on the vga oc testing. Rage3d tweak program reported 553.6Mhz max memory and 535.5Mhz max core.

For people who have never used those programs ATiTool or RageTweak, they are great at finding max speeds of core and memory. Whats even better is that they find even invisible corruption.

The above overclock timings are on retail cooler (good case airflow) they are also the highest settings without ANY corruption. From testing my last VGA, it is usally possible to get at least anouther 15-25Mhz over the top of those settings before any vissible corruption is reached.

I will now 3dmark the card for 5 loops at XTPE settings(c:520 m:560) (still at 12pipes) on retail cooling and if i dont see any corruption... tomorrow i will begin the pipline hax0ring...

Mean Machine

Quick update... machine looped 3d mark 05 all night (8 hours) and when i checked it this morning there was no visible corrution at XTPE settings (c:522 m:562)

In respect to a direct performance boost 3dmark 05 marked 5513 (only vga overclocked and still only 12 pipes)... lookin good so far.

Because i cant help myself i got up 5am this morning and i am skiping the gym to attempt the pipline mod on the core before i go to work. Should report back in couple hours if all goes well. I have downloaded a 16pipeline X800Pro (speed) bios as a testing bios.

see you all soon... i hope

Mean Machine

Atempt one FAILED...

I cleaned the 2 points on the core with a knife, masked a thin line between the 2 with masking tape and applied Silver paint (PCB repair paint). Took the masking off and noticed i did a pisspoor job of masking and had paint all over the place... anyhow cleaned it all up with metho with only a nice track remaining.

Bios flashed the card to X800XT and still only 12pipes. Whats funny is as a few threads above state... the VGA is now being reported as x800GT (500/500) Ahh well dont care what it reports as as long as it works.

time to actually cut the core and fill the track with paint...

Mean Machine

Atempt 2 has FAILED... ( i give up)

Well unfortunatly i cannot get the other 4 pipes open :(

I cut the track between the 2 points right down untill you can see the coper line between the 2 points then masked the track (very well this time) and filled it. At least it still works...

Ahh well Now i will mount the new cooling onto the card and prepair the system for further overclocking. Both VGA and PC.

heimabrygg

Still possible to get AGP VIVO's for mod?

For the last 6 months, I've been borrowing a friends Powercolor X800Pro VIVO, and successfully bios-flashed to 16 pipelines. Unfortunately, my friend is coming back from vacation these days and wants his card back :)

In my region, best prices can be found for Connect3d's offering, and I'm wondering if it's a pretty safe bet to buy one of these and do the same bios mod to unlock them pipes? Any brands that are a definite no-no?

Mean Machine

PowerColour, GeCube are pretty much same card. ASUS is the absolute BEST card you can get... so yeah these cards are almost garanteed to do full upgrades. As long as they are ViVo and have 1.6ns memory you are flying.

As you can read above Saphire can do it but very random on what card you get. My last card was ASUS x800Pro Vivo (bios mod only) did the trick for 16pipes AND XTPE speed. It then overclocked to X850XTPE speed.

I sold it and got this shitty sapphire. The only reason i sold it is cos i got a buyer to buy it off me for full retail price. Thus i had a Zero $$ upgrade to PCIE

New 3d Mark update... VGA oc to core:540 mem:560 = 5591 3d mark 05. Will overclock system now... after i find a good system overclock.. i will oc the vga as far as it goes.

update soon

SPHERE

Processor opteron 165
Motherboard dfi cfx3200
Cooling zalman 7000
Memory mushkin xp4000
Video Card(s) x1900xt
Case v2000b lianli
Power Supply pcpac 510
Software gaydows
powercolor and connect 3d are the ones with the highest mod sucess rate ;)