• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SapphireX800Pro Non Vivo OC

SiNtEnEl

Hi People,

Im a owner of a SapphireX800Pro Non Vivo.
It has Samsung 2.0 Ns Mem on it and Runs stable at XT PE speeds with 0.22 Ati Tool.
Core: 550 Mem: 575 tested OK 3600sec @ 72c stock cooling @ 94%.

Since im not able to use the Vivo Bios im not able to change to change the bios to a 800XT PE.

The funny thing is my card does not have a Laser cut! This should mean i would be able to Mod it. Only thing is is it posible to load a 16 Pipes bios on it. Yes what bios?

SiNtEnEl

113-AA15900-101 R420 AGP DDR3
RADEON X800 PRO VO ATOMBIOS 113-AA15900-101-PC
ATOMBIOSBK-ATI VER009.004.001.003 3AA15900.101 128303 7969
ATID CAA15900.101

Bios on the card atm.

Quazi

Someone I am dealing with on eBay right now has the same deal as you. No rage chip and 2.0ns memory chips, but the bridge isn't cut. He used the Gigabyte Flash tool and bios and it opened the other 4 pipes, but his card was unstable with that bios. He is in the proccess of installing a Pro's bios because he can clock the card down at it is stable. So, you might want to think about that.

NRP

SiNtEnEl said:
Only thing is is it posible to load a 16 Pipes bios on it. Yes what bios?

There is speculation that the laser cut is applied at the factory to physically disable damaged quads (groups of 4 pipes). So it's possible that your gpu has all 16 pipes functional. If you want to try to unlock the additional 4 pipes, follow this article here.

The first thing you do is save a copy of your original Bios (if you have any defective pipes, that info is stored in your original Bios). If, after unlocking the extra pipes, you discover that some of the pipes are physically damaged, W1zzard's modified flashrom allows you to reflash your original Bios configuration, which includes the quad that should be disabled. Thus, you can (theoretically) reset your original Bios configuration, and just have a regular 12 pipe Pro. I say "theoretically" because I've never seen anyone actually do this. DON'T use the Gigabyte flashrom and Bios - it doesn't allow you to reflash your original Bios's pipeline configuration (to my knowledge, only W1zzard's flashrom can do this).

If you successfully unlock all 16 pipes, then the next hurdle you'll likely hit is not being able to attain the X800 XTPE speeds of 520/560 (the XTPE Bioses tend to have more aggressive memory timings than the regular Pro Bios, which can affect the card's max speeds after the flash). Depending on how far you want to go, you can perform voltage modifications on the gpu core and memory, which may help you increase the speeds a little. In any case, if you decide to increase the clock speeds, you're really going to need better cooling than the stock heatsink/fan combo. Zalman's ZM-80D or Arctic Cooling's VGA Silencer 4 are excellent cooling solutions, and are reasonably priced.

Not sure about the VIVO issue, although I'd guess if you don't have the Rage theater chip then you couldn't use the VIVO functionality (not that you would anyway). Good luck!

new-b

SiNtEnEl said:
Hi People,

Im a owner of a SapphireX800Pro Non Vivo.
It has Samsung 2.0 Ns Mem on it and Runs stable at XT PE speeds with 0.22 Ati Tool.
Core: 550 Mem: 575 tested OK 3600sec @ 72c stock cooling @ 94%.

Since im not able to use the Vivo Bios im not able to change to change the bios to a 800XT PE.

The funny thing is my card does not have a Laser cut! This should mean i would be able to Mod it. Only thing is is it posible to load a 16 Pipes bios on it. Yes what bios?
Don't know if anyone has tried this, but since "RaBit1.6" can turn off the Vivo fuction in bios... couldn't you mod any XT PE bios to work?

SiNtEnEl

Well if been messing around a bit..

First of all, Memory Timings are all the same on the biosses.
Compared them all..

Well i looked at the options with Rabit it seems to remove a certain adress line from the bios.
> Multimedia table: at 0xB504, Rev.1
If i compare this modded bios with my orginal bios i dont get much difference:

> M_SPLL_REF_FB_DIV Has to do with Clock speeds so i dont wurry about that setting.. Dunno whats with the rest of the settings.. Still searching more info on the internet.

Perhaps Wizz can give his opinion about this.

Greetz Sint And thnx for ur reply's

SiNtEnEl

Well i also compared the Bios from Saphire on the site with my own.. Also got allot of differnce's :)