• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Scalping Locust Swarm Takes Out Ryzen 5000 Inventory, Same Fate Awaits Radeon RX 6000

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
Sell them on brick and motar stores. No scalping bots. Just line up and buy 1 each.
I think the only brick and mortar store within 100 miles me that would sell these is best buy.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
agreed, if intel, nvidia, AMD - required ebay/craigslist the main two players to wait 6 weeks before allowing sales of these chips on their site scalpers would hesitate much more.

The problem isn't the actual sale via these services, the problem is the markup which should be illegal.

Money lending has strict guidelines because if not it ventures into loan sharking which obviously is and should be criminal.

ebay, craigslist and the usual suspect should allow the sale of these items but they should force the sale down to no greater then MSRP whether it be used or new. So, these items should be buy now at or very near MSRP and that is it. Violators should be banned and reported to law enforcement. If arrested their stock should be seized. The stock (when no longer needed for evidence / prosecution) is then sold or auctioned off by the state at no greater then MSRP.

IIRC, at the height of the pandemic some jackholes were trying to stockpile and scalp high grade protective equipment that was in low supply. They were arrested and their goods seized,....and rightfully so,.....

It really shouldn't matter what the product / commodity is the markup for resale should have very strict limits.

System Name EventHorizon
Processor Intel® Core™ Processor i9-13900KF 8P/16 + 16E 3.00GHz [Turbo 5.7GHz] 36MB Cache LGA1700
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P
Cooling CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler
Memory 32GB (16GBx2) DDR5/6000MHz Dual Channel Memory (KINGSTON FURY BEAST RGB)
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB
Storage 2TB WD BLACK SN850X (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6600 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1200/110
Display(s) LG 34''
Case CyberPowerPC HYTE Y60 Dual Chamber Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Panoramic View Tempered Glass + 2x120mm
Audio Device(s) Asus Strix w/Alan Finote mod for Windows 11
Power Supply High Power 1300W 80+ GOLD Full Modular w/ PCIE 12+4Pins Connector for PCIe 5.0 graphics cards
Mouse Steelseries Rival 600 wired
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7 TKL red Switch
Software Win 11 Pro
I'm not saying that scalping is right, there will always be scalpers for anything. During the California gold rush 172 years ago, people sold shovels for many times the regular price to gold miners who wanted to strike it rich.
What people dont know is that is was the merchants selling supplies to the miners who made it rich, selling simple food and other supplies at huge profit margins.
That could also be considered an investment or cost of doing business. Of course, not everyone saw a return but most did see a return on their investment in the tools. With scalping, there is no monetary return.

Scalpers? HA! In this country the PC Stores are the scalpers :laugh:

We are already paying double the price of USA, so.....
I could google this but I want to hear it from the source. Why is it double? Tax? Are the stores taxed and they pass it on to consumers?

System Name Game Raver
Processor Core i7-770K
Motherboard ASRock Z170A-X1
Cooling Coolermaster AIO
Memory 16gb
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage 1TB Crucial SSD. 4TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) AOC 1080p 144Hz
Case NZXT Phantom 410 /w/ Silverstone FN121P-BL fans
Audio Device(s) ASUS Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX760
I backordered the 5900X and, I tell you now, knew this was going to happen as well.

After what happened to RTX 3000, I learnt my lesson and knew that if I didn't order the CPU on release day it will take several months to recover at minimum. Genuinely speaking, I wish there would be better justice for all consumers however I guess people are just that desperate to make a dollar at the cost of the consumer.

In other words, #&*! you scalpers.

If the government can force those sites to tax us on sales they can force those sites to prevent blatant retail scalping of good. Lawmakers need to penalize the major enablers of this behavior Amazon, Ebay, ect...for allowing retail price gouging hold them accountable. By doing nothing in effect they are being a accessory to a crime they know the scalping is going to happen and is happening, but they turn a blind eye to preventative measures to it. These companies are big enough to do something actively about it rather than facilitating the injustice behavior.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
If the government can force those sites to tax us on sales they can force those sites to prevent blatant retail scalping of good. Lawmakers need to penalize the major enablers of this behavior Amazon, Ebay, ect...for allowing retail price gouging hold them accountable. By doing nothing in effect they are being a accessory to a crime they know the scalping is going to happen and is happening, but they turn a blind eye to preventative measures to it. These companies are big enough to do something actively about it rather than facilitating the injustice behavior.

Yeah, its racketeering,.....

System Name Main Machine
Processor Intel i9-13900KS
Motherboard ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex
Cooling Water cooling, 2x EK-DDC 3.2 PWM, 1x360mm+1x240mm+1x120mm EK, Mora 360 Pro, EK-Quantum Velocity 2
Memory G.SKILL 32GB DDR5-7200, 7200J3445G16GX2-TZ5RS
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 7900 XTX Aqua
Storage 2x WD_BLACK SN850X 1TB und 2TB, 2x8TB Seagate Ironwolf
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27WQ 27inch 165Hz FreeSync Premium Pro
Case Cooler Master COSMOS C700P
Audio Device(s) Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tournament + Elite Pro TAC
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i 1600W Titanium
Mouse Logitech G903 LIGHTSPEED Wireless
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Win 11
It seems that volumes were also low.
In Germany only few online Shops got them and there they were gone in a short time.
On eBay a few are selling then as private sellers with higher price some saying that they changed their mind without even breaking the seal. Obviously they are lying as in Germany all online stores offer 14days free return. :slap:

In any case I was not planning to upgrade at the moment. :roll:
I have 3700x already.

On the other hand, I am very interested in 6800XT.
It seems that until I would have read reviews on 18.11, the stock would be gone anyway. :laugh:
So I have time to decide until somewhere in January until stocks of 6800XT will return again. :p

I will never buy from such frauds especially not for much higher price. :mad: I am not desperate and can wait to get it from one of my favorite online stores.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
I wouldn't say greed is what drives people buying form scalpers. I think scalpers are driven by greed.
I'm not either, it's the greed of the scalpers at work here.

They know by "Cornering" the market on supply they can largely set their own price. That's why in the US we have anti-trust laws in place, to prevent companies from doing just that. Back when all that was going on you had companies like Standard Oil becoming the only supplier of what they made and sold and in turn, if you didn't pay their price you went without.

This is the same basic thing going on except they aren't making the chips, just controlling a large part of the supply.

This will happen yet again because some people just can't keep the wallet in their pants which is what they are counting on.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
It seems that volumes were also low.
In Germany only few online Shops got them and there they were gone in a short time.
On eBay a few are selling then as private sellers with higher price some saying that they changed their mind without even breaking the seal. Obviously they are lying as in Germany all online stores offer 14days free return. :slap:

In any case I was not planning to upgrade at the moment. :roll:
I have 3700x already.

On the other hand, I am very interested in 6800XT.
It seems that until I would have read reviews on 18.11, the stock would be gone anyway. :laugh:
So I have time to decide until somewhere in January until stocks of 6800XT will return again. :p
Same but next year will do ,I'm not getting scalped that's for sure, I'll wait.

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running
50% over msrp? I have another "collectable" hobby, and over the last year it became infested with bots, and everything sells out in 10 minutes, and re-appears on eBay at 200, 300, 400% of original price. I gave up and left that particular collector hobby. With regards to PC sales, you have to take the same stance ... don't feed the resale bots. That's the only way they'll go away. One guy managed to buy ~170 of the item while regular Joes couldn't secure even one. I can only imagine the bot farm that dude has.

Sell them on brick and motar stores. No scalping bots. Just line up and buy 1 each.

This doesn't work, I can already tell you. Flippers will pay people 20% to stand in line. Because it already happens with other items. And if you try to do it by lottery, same thing, they either make a million accounts and/or bribe others to pitch in for a 20% fee. Also, they will hammer websites on launch day trying to block access for others while their bot farm tries to secure all the sales. It gets real ugly when greed is involved.

I did not even try to buy an nVidia card this year. I will wait for the refresh, and then wait ~9 months for sales to cool off. So I am looking to sit tight with my 2080Ti for a couple years it looks like.

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
We've always had limited supply for pretty much every launch. Usually e-tailers add a "max 1-3 items" per order/buyer in order to curb this. They either didn't do that this time, or scalpers found a way to circumvent that.
Easily bypassed with fake email accounts for multiple accounts to purchase items, then mysteriously they all have the same delivery address.

All this drama could be avoided if a Maximum sale price was set, not a recommended price, then fine anyone selling over that price, OR declare a 12 moratorium on resales, fines applying also.

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Easily bypassed with fake email accounts for multiple accounts to purchase items, then mysteriously they all have the same delivery address.
Not really, because it's both time consuming to create the accounts and easily spotted (if you're actually looking).

All this drama could be avoided if a Maximum sale price was set, not a recommended price, then fine anyone selling over that price, OR declare a 12 moratorium on resales, fines applying also.
Right, so the solution is to infringe on the free market. No, thanks, I've been there, I didn't like what I saw.

If nothing is done about this behavior the problem will worsen across all sectors of life. It'll start with people controlling bots and expand with individual buy standard essential goods. It'll be like the toilet paper situation compounded why can't I buy toilet paper well the bots might buy it all to flip that sh*t.

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
If nothing is done about this behavior the problem will worsen across all sectors of life. It'll start with people controlling bots and expand with individual buy standard essential goods. It'll be like the toilet paper situation compounded why can't I buy toilet paper well the bots might buy it all to flip that sh*t.
Don't compare goods that are produced in millions of units a week if not a day in a single country, never mind the fact that it is made in nearly every country of the world, to high-tech, top-of-the-line computer processors.

I'm comparing the practice of scalping itself and the impact it can have. It's not just bots by any means, but quite strictly speaking humans can't compete with AI period it's impossible. Ultimately people are behind bots and abusing them. Bots have destroyed game economies for years they'll destroy actual economies just as easily left unchecked.

D

Deleted member 24505

The only true way to stop them is to only sell in person, one to a customer, but of course that cannot happen.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
Scalpers probably lost their primary job with economic downturn from covid, now have to scalp full time ;)

People buying from them only enables them. Order from an real store and wait a month or 2 instead of buying from a scalper, once it's no longer profitable it will die out.

The only true way to stop them is to only sell in person, one to a customer, but of course that cannot happen.

Could you limit 1 to address or 1 per credit card? (no idea how scalper bots work)

On a side note, I bet Intel fanboys never would have thought an AMD cpu would have sold out to scalpers ;)

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
I wouldn't say greed is what drives people buying form scalpers. I think scalpers are driven by greed.
I can't disagree with you on most of this, esp about the human nature part but there are ways to deter this too.
I do however disagree with just buying one no matter the price - That's what the scalpers want and as long as that goes on the scalping will continue.

No sales - No scalping profits - No problem.
if people just have the self control and discipline to abstain from buying from scalpers, it'll stop
I guess you guys have never sold anything online for a living. Scalpers will always be around, esp. if hot items come out. Demand and scalpors will always be around. The day that supply and demand dies is the day when Homo Sapiens species die off.

Its so fun reading what most people have commented on this thread. Its obvious that most people on here have not sold anything online for a full time living.
The person who commented about "racketeering", the definition of racketeering is dishonest and fraudulent business dealings. When I put any price on any item(s) that I sell, I am honest, its up to the customer to pay the price I ask or buy it from another source. I dont steal any items that I have ever sold, I pay my suppliers and people who I get it from. I pay all taxes and have a LLC in the state that I live.

The people who bought lots of toilet paper and disinfectants during height of the covid event actually didnt do anything wrong, it was only after state and local governments started passing laws on certain items that it became illegal. Sure it wasnt morally correct but it was perfectly legal before of any passing laws.
But dont worry, I'm done here. I gotta find the next hot item.

Last edited:
Processor i5 6500 @ 4.5
Motherboard Asus z170
Memory 16gb ddr4 3000
Video Card(s) gtx 1070
Storage 1tb Seagate 7200 rpm
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Corsair 750
Software windows 10 pro
Just make sure you have way more inventory than scalpers can possibly buy online, unleash the first wave let scalpers buy them up and then flood the market.
Scalpers will be stuck with product that they will have to sell at price or cheaper.
Problem solved.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
But dont worry, I'm done here. I gotta find the next hot item.
Good because you talk smack and I have no idea what are you trying to prove here.
Comparing scalpers to a decent people working for the man to make a living? Of course the usual argument covid.
What a bull crap that is.

Last edited:
System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
Good because you talk smack and I have no idea what are you trying to prove here.
Comparing scalpers to a decent people working for the man to make a living? Of course the usual argument covid.
What!!, sorry I gotta go back to the sailboat, I'll listen to you later.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board

He's just trying to get your goat mate. Don't fall for it.

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
The answer is simple. Vote with your wallet. I have a 2600k, I need an upgrade too but not that badly. I'm not buying scalped components.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
The answer is simple. Vote with your wallet. I have a 2600k, I need an upgrade too but not that badly. I'm not buying scalped components.

Quite right,....

Also dealing with credible / reputable retailers and e-tailers affords the buyer some degree of security that you won’t likely get from the questionable corners of the web. In some countries warranty support for some items might have to go through the place of purchase. In which case you’d likely be out of luck buying from some sleazy eBay dealer should something go wrong.

System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
from what I see the amd cpu's are priced at MSRP in australia.
your AUD is worth less than USD, you have 10% gst, a tax which is added often in USA, in arizona that would be 9% or so.

however, there is a lot of australia tax for no reason yes, but double... hardly

Sorry I should clarify, CPU's your right for the most part there pretty close to the right price, might end up paying $50-150 more then we normally would, but when it comes to GPU's and especially the latest from Nvidia, well thats another story! and is indeed double the price. (GTX 3090's where priced at over $3000 each)

I could google this but I want to hear it from the source. Why is it double? Tax? Are the stores taxed and they pass it on to consumers?

Well there is now a new tax on anything coming into Australia but thats not what makes the price of GPU's so darn high! but its the same thing like it was for Video games over here where some triple A titles where double the price of anyone else, so they investigated why this was the case. They asked the companies why is Australians paying so much more then the rest of the world? and there reply was because we can! and that was that! So same thing applies to other things, like GPU's where they can charge whatever the hell they want to us Aussies and we cant do anything about it.