• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Scimitar Computers Vertex Pyramid Case

Thanks everyone for your comments on the review.

Truthfully, this case was never designed to be a primary computer but more as a supplemental desktop. I myself run a Lian-Li full tower with 9 hard drives and that is my primary server. The thing is, I really wanted something that was unusual and interesting that I could place on my desk and would catch people's attention.

What I really wanted to create was a DeathStar case but trust me on this, that's even more impractical and has the small licensing issue :) This was meant to be my first handcrafted entry into the computer case world.

I acknowledge that it's expensive but the current price is actually what the parts cost. You have to keep in mind, I used premium components (lots of expensive aluminum and machining) and I'm not a multinational corporation. Heck, the power supply itself costs $50 for oem pricing and that's the price of some cheap cases.

In summary, I built 20 of these to test the market and see if there was interest for my personal design aesthetic knowing that they would not be utilitarian like most cases. All in all, it was pretty exciting to make a product from scratch and get it onto the market and have it reviewed like any other product. It gave me real appreciation for the small companies like MNPCTECH and HighSpeedPC and the challenges involved.

Thanks definitely go to Fitseries3 for his gracious review and suggestions for improvements,

Jotham McMillan
Scimitar Computers

Are you going to design more cases? I rather like this one and would like to see more cases of this quality. Good job on this one though.

jotham

It's a tough call right now. What I'm doing now is substantially lowering the price of these cases to get them out of my garage :) I will likely tweak this case to make a Stargate edition with the light-up portal on the front panel. Once I finish that and a Egyptian pyramid skin for the pyramid cases, I will have pretty much exhausted that design.

I truly do want a Death Star so I will probably work on that design and a Borg Cube and see if I can pull those off. The technical issues are large but surmountable. The licensing issues are huge and may be beyond me. Basically you have to be a large company like Antec as well as have some serious upfront funds. I would love to work with an established trendsetter like Antec but frankly I doubt they would give me the time of day (nicely of course).

On top of all that, I have to improve my designs to drive down costs as I've learned that in this tough economy, handcrafted doesn't mean enough to folks to put up with the price premium that entails.

Short answer, I sure hope so!

Why not just make a Death Star anyway , paint it a little too dark Grey and call it a Mortal Sun? ;]

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
too big for an HTPC case imo.. id still prefer a sleek, compact low profile case for HTPC purposes.