1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Screen burn?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SouthOfHere, May 12, 2014.

1. SouthOfHere

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

I have a 3 screen setup, my main 30" monitor in the middle and 2x LG 23EA63 monitors each side. One of the LG monitors seems to developed some sort of screen burn/image retention. I can see a faint image of Skype and the taskbar that goes about a third of the way along from the left. I've swapped the monitors around to ensure it wasn't a cable issue but I get the same thing on the same monitor. It's weird because it disappeared yesterday for about 15 mins them came back, then it was a 'screen burn' of Winamp instead of Skype.

Is there a way this can be fixed or does it need to be replaced?

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  2. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm... try unplugging the suspect monitor input and see if any image is there. Sounds like a ghost. Or plug into a settop DVD/BR player and check.

SouthOfHere says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  3. SouthOfHere

Thanks Received:
    I plugged in an old TV tuner box and it showed the same image ghost... BUT I went into the other room due to the phone ringing. After about 30 minutes on the phone I came back and there was just that fuzzy static you get like on an untuned TV because I had unplugged the ariel just before the phone rang. After unplugging the HDMI cable from box and the input automatically switching back to the DVI connection I noticed the ghosting had disappeared. The fuzzy static that was on the screen seems to have cleared image ghost. So you actually led me to a fix!

Can't thank you enough.