• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

screen protector for 2.5 screen without gorilla glass

sltwtr

Hi, I just bought a new smartphone, meizu 16th which has a 2.5d (slightly curved) screen.

Apparently, the screen hasn't got any kind of protective layer in it like gorilla glass, and since it's not a popular phone, it's impossible to find tempered glass screen protector from a good company with user's opinions online. Cheap screen protector's on aliexpress has mostly bad reviews: bubbles, not sticking, doesn't cover the whole screen.

I feel like my choice is a cheap aliexpress screen protector with an unknown quality that doesn't cover the whole screen + an envelope case, but since the phone has no gorilla glass, I'm afraid it won't be enough to protect the screen from breaking.

is there some other best protective solution?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Just Google the phone make and model number with 'screen protector' at the end... They do exist. I did a mobile search and pulled up multiple hits on eBay amazon and meizu themselves

sltwtr

i searched google, ebay and amaazon, but i couldn't find any tempered glass from a known company or with user's reviews, and i don't want to buy a screen protector from poor/unknown quality

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
i searched google, ebay and amaazon, but i couldn't find any tempered glass from a known company or with user's reviews, and i don't want to buy a screen protector from poor/unknown quality

I mean... if your manufacturer of choice doesn’t sell a screen protector for your phone and you don’t want to buy one from someone you don’t know I’m not sure how much success we are going to have helping you?

sltwtr

i don't understand in terms of physics, what is requierd to protect the screen from breakage.
i'm basically asking what will be the best screen protector option for 2.5d slightly curved glass without gorilla glass.

i just think it might not be enough to relay on a cheap tempered glass screen protector from an unknown quality + a book case.
is there another screen protector type besides tempered glass that protects from breakage/scratches?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
i don't understand in terms of physics, what is requierd to protect the screen from breakage.
i'm basically asking what will be the best screen protector option for 2.5d slightly curved glass without gorilla glass.

i just think it might not be enough to relay on a cheap tempered glass screen protector from an unknown quality + a book case.
is there another screen protector type besides tempered glass that protects from breakage/scratches?

Heres one from Aliexpress

Heres one from Amazon

Heres one from Meizuworld - though from my understanding these folks are like a 3rd party affiliate . Ive looked for website reviews but there isnt anything particularly 'fishy' from them that i have found. No negative reviews. they got an FB page and everything.

Also *NOTHING* can save your phone from breakages - ive seen so many iphones with cracked screens and they are supposed to have some sorta gorilla glass too. If you drop your phone, its gonna break. Put one of these rubber or silicon sleeves on it and any screen protector will do. My mate 9 hasnt has a screen protector for YEARS but the screen is still in perfect condition.

Unfortunately with screen protectors its hit or miss. either buy one and find out how bad it is or dont buy one at all. Ive bought screen protectors for other phones that were advertised for my current handset but were clearly designed for another when i tried to fit it.

sltwtr

thanks for the options. i couldn't find anything special about meizuworld as well.
i am mainly concerned that tempered glass from an unknown company will not be from of good quality and that it won't be hard enough to protect the screen.
i read that gorilla glass (especially the higher series - 5, 6) do offer some kind of breakage protection. that's is better than having none:/
is tempered glass the best screen protector option to offer some protection from breakage for a 2.5d screen? are there any alternatives?

i did check a lot of reviews of screen protectors (tempered glass) that are on sale on aliexpress and most of the reviews for the different items were negative: not sticking, not covering the edge of the screen.

Last edited:
System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Are you sure the phone doesn't have any sort of borosilicate glass? Remember, there are plenty of hardened/shatter resistant glasses out there that aren't Gorilla Glass. Corning isn't the only glass maker in the world. And not all shatter resistant glass is branded or advertised as such.

Beyond that, you aren't going to find a screen protector for a phone from a brand with zero presence in western markets from a "known company" - the screen protector market is largely a whitelabel/rebranding market, so brands are highly localized. And a lot of these protectors are made in the same factories, regardless of branding, even if they use different designs and specs.

As for what protects screens best, my 5 or so years in phone retail showed tempered glass to be the far superior solution. The main reason is its hardness and how the tempered glass shatters upon impact - the screen protector shattering distributes force out across the screen, minimizing the chance of the screen itself shattering as the momentum of whatever is causing breakage is greatly reduced. It's by no means a guarantee, but it's the best out there. No other material can offer the same level of protection, as nothing suitable is as hard as glass. Plastic protectors protect from scratches, but feel terrible in use and don't protect from falls at all. And all of those "liquid screen protectors" and the like are pure snake oil.

2.5D and 3D glass makes protection more difficult, both because bends are weaker than flat glass, increase the chance of single point impacts, and because manufacturing full coverage screen protectors with close enough tolerances to adhere to the full screen is pretty much impossible. The best looking solution I've seen are protectors using UV activated glue that fills in any gaps, but I haven't tried any of those in practice. Other alternatives are simpler protectors that don't cover the edges (i.e. ones that only cover the flat part of the glass), and ones that go edge-to-edge but with colored/blacked out edges and only adhesive along the edges. The latter option leaves an air gap between the protector and the display, meaning they (often dramatically) increase reflectivity in sunlight, and are often very tricky to install as you're using a very small strip of adhesive (often 1mm or less) to adhere a 3D piece of glass to another 3D piece of glass that doesn't necessarily 100% match its shape.

With all that being said, I've exclusively used tempered glass screen protectors from AliExpress for the past few years - from various brands - and I've been happy with all of them. If you're worried about fit or strength, get a few alternatives and test them against each other.

sltwtr

Are you sure the phone doesn't have any sort of borosilicate glass? Remember, there are plenty of hardened/shatter resistant glasses out there that aren't Gorilla Glass. Corning isn't the only glass maker in the world. And not all shatter resistant glass is branded or advertised as such.

Beyond that, you aren't going to find a screen protector for a phone from a brand with zero presence in western markets from a "known company" - the screen protector market is largely a whitelabel/rebranding market, so brands are highly localized. And a lot of these protectors are made in the same factories, regardless of branding, even if they use different designs and specs.

As for what protects screens best, my 5 or so years in phone retail showed tempered glass to be the far superior solution. The main reason is its hardness and how the tempered glass shatters upon impact - the screen protector shattering distributes force out across the screen, minimizing the chance of the screen itself shattering as the momentum of whatever is causing breakage is greatly reduced. It's by no means a guarantee, but it's the best out there. No other material can offer the same level of protection, as nothing suitable is as hard as glass. Plastic protectors protect from scratches, but feel terrible in use and don't protect from falls at all. And all of those "liquid screen protectors" and the like are pure snake oil.

2.5D and 3D glass makes protection more difficult, both because bends are weaker than flat glass, increase the chance of single point impacts, and because manufacturing full coverage screen protectors with close enough tolerances to adhere to the full screen is pretty much impossible. The best looking solution I've seen are protectors using UV activated glue that fills in any gaps, but I haven't tried any of those in practice. Other alternatives are simpler protectors that don't cover the edges (i.e. ones that only cover the flat part of the glass), and ones that go edge-to-edge but with colored/blacked out edges and only adhesive along the edges. The latter option leaves an air gap between the protector and the display, meaning they (often dramatically) increase reflectivity in sunlight, and are often very tricky to install as you're using a very small strip of adhesive (often 1mm or less) to adhere a 3D piece of glass to another 3D piece of glass that doesn't necessarily 100% match its shape.

With all that being said, I've exclusively used tempered glass screen protectors from AliExpress for the past few years - from various brands - and I've been happy with all of them. If you're worried about fit or strength, get a few alternatives and test them against each other.
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.
I don't know if there's any kind of hardned/shatter resistant glass. I contacted the company and they don't have this information, only that it's 2.5d glass.
I get your point but I'm not sure if a cheap tempered glass screen protector from aliexpress is from good enough quality and if it'll be able to protect a phone that has no hardned resistant glass.

i'm not sure if you were talking about 3D, 2.5D or both - How would a tempered glass protector edge to edge with colored out edge fit on a 2.5D glass phone? Would there be an air gap between the protector and the display?
could you please put some links to the different protectors so i'll know what you're reffering to? (+only covers the flat part of the screen + go edge to edge with colored out edge + protector with uv activated glue).

Would you suggest to buy a protector that doesn't cover the entire screen + book case, or to look for one that covers the entire screen edge to edge / with uv glue?
thank you

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Find a triple layer protective case for your specific model, typically non popular model phones get the shaft.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
what is a triple layer protective case? thanks
Okay the triple air case is a hard inner frame with a soft outer covering and then a screen protector

System Name Matter's / Helios 300 Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 2700 / i7 7700HQ
Motherboard B450 Tomahawk / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Cooling Arctic Freezer eSports Duo
Memory Patriot Viper ddr4 32gb / 32gb gskill ddr4
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC / GTX 1060 6gb
Storage Patriot Viper nvme M2, crucial MX300 275gb, Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / 15.6 1080p HD
Case Antec 300 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Audio Device(s) On Board - Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Cans
Power Supply Antec 850watt high current pro
Mouse Steel series Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Software Win 10 Pro / Win 10 Home
If you live in the USA there are Zagg Invisible Shield stores at your local mall( or at least we do here) that maybe able to do a custom shield or order one for you. Although it will be expensive. A fast ebay search showed like 30+ screen protectors and 300+ cases for your phone.

sltwtr

If you live in the USA there are Zagg Invisible Shield stores at your local mall( or at least we do here) that maybe able to do a custom shield or order one for you. Although it will be expensive. A fast ebay search showed like 30+ screen protectors and 300+ cases for your phone.
thanks, i read that zagg invisible shield got a low rating in mohs scratch test and that it's not good for breakage protection, i wonder if it'll be better than a cheap tempered screen that is from unknown quality from aliexpress.

System Name Matter's / Helios 300 Predator
Processor Ryzen 7 2700 / i7 7700HQ
Motherboard B450 Tomahawk / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Cooling Arctic Freezer eSports Duo
Memory Patriot Viper ddr4 32gb / 32gb gskill ddr4
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 Super Ventus OC / GTX 1060 6gb
Storage Patriot Viper nvme M2, crucial MX300 275gb, Samsung 860 qvo 1tb
Display(s) Acer 24" 1080p / 15.6 1080p HD
Case Antec 300 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Audio Device(s) On Board - Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Cans
Power Supply Antec 850watt high current pro
Mouse Steel series Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 / Acer Helios 300 Predator
Software Win 10 Pro / Win 10 Home
I have one on my phone xr and it has performed great

System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.
I don't know if there's any kind of hardned/shatter resistant glass. I contacted the company and they don't have this information, only that it's 2.5d glass.
I get your point but I'm not sure if a cheap tempered glass screen protector from aliexpress is from good enough quality and if it'll be able to protect a phone that has no hardned resistant glass.
I would be very surprised if the phone doesn't have some sort of shatter-resistant glass. Given the prevalence of smartphones these days, glass like this is widely available and relatively cheap. No doubt the people you talked to don't have any info beyond the official spec sheet, which doesn't list the details, but it's sure to have some sort of mildly resistant glass.

As for whether a cheap Aliexpress protector will work on non-premium glass ... no idea. If the phone's glass is weaker, it will of course be weaker regardless of what protection it has, so using stronger protection would make sense - but brand-name screen protectors are very, very rarely any stronger or better than any tempered glass off AE. As I said, a lot of it is made in the same factories, and most screen protector brands just order glass made to spec from whitelabel factories anyhow. This also includes a lot of "premium" brands, though some of those do go to the trouble of ordering higher spec glass, using more layers, or other minor increases to the strength of the protector. Nonetheless, any tempered glass protector has the same basic features - a sandwich of several layers of tempered glass and plastic, where the glass provides hardness and a shatter pattern that absorbs and distributes impact force, while the plastic ensures shards of glass don't go flying, none reach the phone glass beneath (barring a very powerful impact, of course), and also serves to direct energy outwards along the screen protector to a certain extent. More expensive glass or better treatments won't change those basic characteristics, though thicker protectors with more layers or thicker glass will be stronger overall.

i'm not sure if you were talking about 3D, 2.5D or both - How would a tempered glass protector edge to edge with colored out edge fit on a 2.5D glass phone? Would there be an air gap between the protector and the display?
2.5D is a BS term anyhow, it just means "not all that bent" after all, but generally the flatter the glass, the better protectors will fit it. Still, most glass called 3D has bends significant enough to make rigid protectors impossible to make (or exorbitantly expensive - I remember selling $100 screen protectors for the original Samsung Edge phones). My understanding of the prevalence of "bordered" protectors for non-2D glass is, as I said, that they are easier to make (it's easier to make an edge adhere smoothly than to make a piece of 3D tempered glass with tight enough tolerances to perfectly adhere to the outside curvature of a 2.5D or 3D phone screen), which has little bearing on protection. Still, I strongly dislike these protectors as they severely impact outside/sunlight viewing of the screen. These types tend to leave a small air gap, yes.

could you please put some links to the different protectors so i'll know what you're reffering to? (+only covers the flat part of the screen + go edge to edge with colored out edge + protector with uv activated glue).
One thing to note: screen protectors have grossly misleading marketing photos. Look very, very closely at them, or check customer photos.
Here's an example of a UV adhesive protector (for Huawei phones): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32997293059.html
Here's a "bordered" one (look at the second picture, you can see the black border): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33037969415.html
Here is what the above (for a Mate 10 Pro) looks like IRL (it arrived cracked, so never got put to use): https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akhd5yRCmjurgdY06a5XwvgEAjc8OA?e=6Wx1lv
This one actually had adhesive across its whole surface, but it isn't curved whatsoever. The ones I've dealt with before have had thicker, stronger adhesive, but only on the blacked-out parts. Not recommended, as they are a massive pain to mount, invariably come loose (or let in dust that can't be removed without removing the protector completely), and ruin outdoor visibility.
Third picture here is a classic "only the flat parts" protector: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32897169938.html
The latter is what I currently use on my OnePlus 3T, alongside a silicon case with extra thick corners. Bought both after I'd been stupid enough to go without a protector for about a year and cracked my screen not only once, but twice in about four months. Not fun. But I trust this to do what it needs to, and the case has so far survived a few falls onto tile and even drops out of my pocket onto asphalt from a car seat. The screen protector hasn't seen any real challenges yet, but has fared well so far. But it is a bit annoying to use as it has a slight edge that can be felt when using the phone.

Would you suggest to buy a protector that doesn't cover the entire screen + book case, or to look for one that covers the entire screen edge to edge / with uv glue?
thank you
What I would suggest, honestly, is that you look around and find a couple of alternatives and order them all. Don't go overboard, but two or three. Then test and use whichever one you prefer. Keep the others as spares in case the first breaks. I haven't tested any UV adhesive ones, but the concept seems sound to me, as it allows for more/thicker adhesive to fill in any gaps compared to traditional protectors.

sltwtr

I would be very surprised if the phone doesn't have some sort of shatter-resistant glass. Given the prevalence of smartphones these days, glass like this is widely available and relatively cheap. No doubt the people you talked to don't have any info beyond the official spec sheet, which doesn't list the details, but it's sure to have some sort of mildly resistant glass.

As for whether a cheap Aliexpress protector will work on non-premium glass ... no idea. If the phone's glass is weaker, it will of course be weaker regardless of what protection it has, so using stronger protection would make sense - but brand-name screen protectors are very, very rarely any stronger or better than any tempered glass off AE. As I said, a lot of it is made in the same factories, and most screen protector brands just order glass made to spec from whitelabel factories anyhow. This also includes a lot of "premium" brands, though some of those do go to the trouble of ordering higher spec glass, using more layers, or other minor increases to the strength of the protector. Nonetheless, any tempered glass protector has the same basic features - a sandwich of several layers of tempered glass and plastic, where the glass provides hardness and a shatter pattern that absorbs and distributes impact force, while the plastic ensures shards of glass don't go flying, none reach the phone glass beneath (barring a very powerful impact, of course), and also serves to direct energy outwards along the screen protector to a certain extent. More expensive glass or better treatments won't change those basic characteristics, though thicker protectors with more layers or thicker glass will be stronger overall.

2.5D is a BS term anyhow, it just means "not all that bent" after all, but generally the flatter the glass, the better protectors will fit it. Still, most glass called 3D has bends significant enough to make rigid protectors impossible to make (or exorbitantly expensive - I remember selling $100 screen protectors for the original Samsung Edge phones). My understanding of the prevalence of "bordered" protectors for non-2D glass is, as I said, that they are easier to make (it's easier to make an edge adhere smoothly than to make a piece of 3D tempered glass with tight enough tolerances to perfectly adhere to the outside curvature of a 2.5D or 3D phone screen), which has little bearing on protection. Still, I strongly dislike these protectors as they severely impact outside/sunlight viewing of the screen. These types tend to leave a small air gap, yes.

One thing to note: screen protectors have grossly misleading marketing photos. Look very, very closely at them, or check customer photos.
Here's an example of a UV adhesive protector (for Huawei phones): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32997293059.html
Here's a "bordered" one (look at the second picture, you can see the black border): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33037969415.html
Here is what the above (for a Mate 10 Pro) looks like IRL (it arrived cracked, so never got put to use): https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akhd5yRCmjurgdY06a5XwvgEAjc8OA?e=6Wx1lv
This one actually had adhesive across its whole surface, but it isn't curved whatsoever. The ones I've dealt with before have had thicker, stronger adhesive, but only on the blacked-out parts. Not recommended, as they are a massive pain to mount, invariably come loose (or let in dust that can't be removed without removing the protector completely), and ruin outdoor visibility.
Third picture here is a classic "only the flat parts" protector: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32897169938.html
The latter is what I currently use on my OnePlus 3T, alongside a silicon case with extra thick corners. Bought both after I'd been stupid enough to go without a protector for about a year and cracked my screen not only once, but twice in about four months. Not fun. But I trust this to do what it needs to, and the case has so far survived a few falls onto tile and even drops out of my pocket onto asphalt from a car seat. The screen protector hasn't seen any real challenges yet, but has fared well so far. But it is a bit annoying to use as it has a slight edge that can be felt when using the phone.

What I would suggest, honestly, is that you look around and find a couple of alternatives and order them all. Don't go overboard, but two or three. Then test and use whichever one you prefer. Keep the others as spares in case the first breaks. I haven't tested any UV adhesive ones, but the concept seems sound to me, as it allows for more/thicker adhesive to fill in any gaps compared to traditional protectors.
thank you very very much, unfortunately, i can't replace the phone, and my options aren't great but at least i know what my options are.
what is concerning is that in a lot of the tempered glass options without edges on AE it's indicated that it's only scratch resistent, maybe that's because the corneres aren't protected?
just to make sure, would you recommend zagg invisible shield? might it be better than a tempered glass screen protector from AE?
one last question, do you know what is this liquid that is sent with the screen protector?
thank you

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 114
System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
thank you very very much, unfortunately, i can't replace the phone, and my options aren't great but at least i know what my options are.
what is concerning is that in a lot of the tempered glass options without edges on AE it's indicated that it's only scratch resistent, maybe that's because the corneres aren't protected?
just to make sure, would you recommend zagg invisible shield? might it be better than a tempered glass screen protector from AE?
one last question, do you know what is this liquid that is sent with the screen protector?
thank you
The question about them only marketing scratch resistance is a good one - I've never seen that (share a link, maybe?), so it's difficult to speculate. Personally I haven't bothered to buy a brand-name screen protector for years, but if they are available and it makes you feel safer and you don't mind the cost, why not? I wouldn't, but then I'm quite cheap.

That liquid was unknown to me until I recently bought a screen protector for my partner's Mate 10 Pro - it came with a small sachet and a tiny brush. At first I thought it was some sort of adhesive, but I'm reasonably sure it's in fact some kind of oil, used to fill in air gaps along the edges of the protector. I tried it (the protector I bought had huge air gaps on all four sides) and it does the job admirably and with far less mess (so far) than I'd expect. Can't speak to long-term messiness, though - I would imagine that it will slowly accumulate dust and debris that will be hard to remove.

1. i'm basically asking what will be the best screen protector option for 2.5d slightly curved glass without gorilla glass.

2. i just think it might not be enough to relay on a cheap tempered glass screen protector from an unknown quality + a book case.

1. The one(s) that are specifically made and form fitted to your phone

2. Usually when I see articles on this subject they say "they all the same" ... But I opted to get a UAG screen protector frankly because i was buying their case and didn't want to have to make a separate purchase. It was as much as 5 times many others I have seen, but well worth it considering how many w=my wife and sons have gone thru

The liquid that came with mine helps make the glass adhere to the phone screen surface ... it's not adhesive to ... it's not "sticky". My gues sis that it relies on surface tension.

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Apparently, the screen hasn't got any kind of protective layer in it like gorilla glass, and since it's not a popular phone, it's impossible to find tempered glass screen protector from a good company with user's opinions online.
It's a fresh new model. Gotta wait a month or two until decent high-quality screen protectors come to market. The only thing I can suggest, is use it as is. It's tempered glass, so it won't get any kind of serous damage if you carry the phone separately from keys, change, nails and power tools ))).
I had to wait nearly 4 months to find something semi-decent for my aunt's Xiaomi Mi A2.

Also the new Gorilla is total shit comparing to old Gorilla Glass 2 and 3, so even if it had something of sorts, it wouldn't help you a single bit to avoid nicks and scratches.