1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Scythe Kabuto 3

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crazyeyesreaper, Feb 24, 2017.

1. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    Scythe is looking to slice through the competition like a samurai on horseback with the Kabuto 3. Utilizing a top-flow design that's more compact than similar offerings, it delivers excellent noise levels paired with a good price/performance ratio and simple installation.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Scythe/Kabuto_3/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2017
    manofthem and Folterknecht say thanks.
  2. BoyE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Review, I was wondering if you were able to include the CPU's tdp during stress test, you could use something like Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to monitor the chip's tdp in realtime.

3. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    Nice ... however, strange how finger print magnet made it to the top list of the negatives instead of the awkward pushpins ... edit: unless mounting hardware is mentioned, yes it is, oh

coolernoob says thanks.
  4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    is there an analysis on putting cpu heatsink air down onto the mobo & vrms?

on the one hand, you'd think it's causing excess heat, on the other it's pushing air off the vrm heatsinks or any of the mobo components

coolernoob says thanks.
  5. Folterknecht

Thanks Received:
    For a while I had Kabuto 2 on my Q9550 - a good cooler if you want to also get some airflow to the VRMs. Replaced that one with a Grand Kama Cross to get some more OC headroom, my Q9550 went 4GHz + on relativ low voltages.

The Kabuto2 I put into my aunts PC ~5 years ago shows no sign of a dying fan, though she isn't using the PC that much.

10 Year Member at TPU