• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Seagate, how are they now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name An experiment in continuous upgrading
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.4 Ghz | FX-8570 @ 4.0 Ghz | Phenom II X4 965
Motherboard MSI P67A-GD53 | MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Asus M4A79 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 | Zalman CNPS10x | Coolermaster*212+
Memory 24gb DDR3-1866 |8Gb | 8Gb
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 Turbo x 2 (SLI) | Sapphire Radeon 7970 + GTX 670 (PhysX) | Radeon 4870 1Gb
Storage 2x240gb SSD + 4tb SSHD + HDDs | 240gb SSD + HDDs | 120gb SSD + WD Blue 500gb
Display(s) ASUS VG248 144hz + Samsung S23A700D 120hz + 3D Vision | 40" Sony 1080p TV | 23" 1080p
Case Cooler Master HAF-X | Lian-Li PC-8 | Antec 302
Audio Device(s) Senn. PC360 G4ME | Sound Blaster Zx | Generic
Power Supply Corsair TX850W | Corsair TX 750 | OCZ 700
Mouse Steelseries Sensei | Logitech G402 W/L | Generic
Keyboard Filco Majetouch Ninja Tenkeyless MX Black | Logitech wireless |SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red
Software About 800 top-rated games. | 200 top-rated games | No games
Benchmark Scores No time for benching, I prefer gaming.
For the longest time they were #1 in HDD quality and reliability until a few years back they produced some horrible drives, which made me steer away from them for a while.

Now it's been some time, and I'm wondering if their HDDs are back to good or what? How reliable are they compared to other brands, or to their previously stellar reputation?

Thanks

System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882
seagate is just as good as western digital afaik

Benetanegia

I'll never buy Seagate again and I reccomend not doing it.

We suffered from one of their crappy HDDs with faulty firmware.

First they would not give us (or anyone) a solution, in fact they tried to hide the problem until they were caught publicly (well you know the story). Later they were forced by law to fix and recover the data inside the faulty HDDs for free, so after several years waiting we sent the HDD and surprise, they fixed nothing. The HDD is not even recognised by the BIOS. They said it was fixed, and sent it back, but not before saying that although the firmware was OK the data could not be retrieved and that in order to retrieve it we would have to pay them... wait for it... 700 euros. Lol we told them to send it back, so that we could retrieve the data by ourselves (we know people who do it for less than 50), or just consider the data gone for good and finally use the damn thing after a format. No way, like I said, it's not even recognised. We even think they broke it on purpose because we refused to get the 700 euros recovery service. This was 2 months ago.

The bottom line IMO is that no matter how much their products improve in general their support is crappy and just plainly evil. You never know when you could face off another bad unit, so honestly I will never touch a Seagate product ever again.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
EDIT: lol nevermind, it just so happens that some logistics company offers free shipping for Seagate RMAs over here LOL.

Still though, a 5 year warranty looks good enough and experience with a Seagate SV35.5 and a Barracuda 7200.12 is the same as a Western Digital Caviar Black.

Bo$$

Lab Extraordinaire
System Name Desktop | Server
Processor Intel i7 2700k @ 4.6GHZ | AMD 5350 @ 2500MHZ
Motherboard Asus P7Z77-V Pro | Asus AM1I-A
Cooling Corsair H60v2 | Stock Air
Memory Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB CL8 1600MHZ | Corsair Vengence 2x4GB CL9 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 6GB | PNY GTX 750Ti
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + 4TB WD Red | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Display(s) Samsung S27D390H + Asus VE276Q | Headless
Case Fractal Design R5 | CM Elite 110
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1 w/Otone Stilo 5.1 and Creative Fatal1ty headset
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850 G2| Corsair CX430M
Mouse Razer Imperator 2012
Keyboard Corsair K90
Software Windows 7 SP1 X64 | Ubuntu 16.04LTS
well i have found both WD and Seagate really good!
Just avoid Hitachi drives i think ive had about 11 drives fail on me over the years

I'm taking it you live on some deserted beach because you boycott every company in existence? They all make mistakes, they all have some bad product line.

We even think they broke it on purpose because we refused to get the 700 euros recovery service. This was 2 months ago.

Not just that, I think penguins dig tunnels through the planet to illegally meet with polar bears. Mail me your address and I'll ship you some tin foil so you can make some hats.

Benetanegia

I'm taking it you live on some deserted beach because you boycott every company in existence? They all make mistakes, they all have some bad product line.

Not just that, I think penguins dig tunnels through the planet to illegally meet with polar bears. Mail me your address and I'll ship you some tin foil so you can make some hats.

Oh wow, how mature. Let's attack the customer. I hope you have no links to seagate, because that would make it worse.

I have no problem at all with faulty hardware. It just happens.

It's the way they always tried to cover it up and never offered any solution until law forced them to do it and how even then they didn't fix it. They said the drive was working but that the data was corrupt. The platters were never broken, since the drive just broke 1 week after we bought it, and it was the firmware, which was a very documented failure for that exact model. So laugh as much as you want big boy, but tell me HOW if they could see that the data was corrupted, HOW on earth we have the EXACT same roblem on that HDD as we had before sending it?? There¡s only 2 options, a) they broke it again b) they never fixed it.

EDIT: And could you please tell me which other companies I¡m trying to boycott? lol I'm not even boycotting Seagate. THAT HDD was crappy as hell, period, which is not to say that all their products are crappy. I just can't trust their support, so even if another failure is less likely, if it does happen I know that I'm most probably screwed. Blame them for that not me. This is not a CPU or GPU or anything like that that can be replaced with no consequence. This is HDDs where we store our data, ANY failure is big if it means I will lose my data for good. And please don't tell me to have backups, we do, but on that particular case we didn't, because the drive was just 1 week old ffs. We bought 2 Seagate HDDs, in one we would store the data the second one was the backup, we just didn't have the time to do it. In fact it failed while we were transfering some data. So laugh, laugh. In the name of all the people that have ever been screwed up, thank you for your support.

Last edited:
Oh wow, how mature. Let's attack the customer. I hope you have no links to seagate, because that would make it worse.

I have no problem at all with faulty hardware. It just happens.

It's the way they always tried to cover it up and never offered any solution until law forced them to do it and how even then they didn't fix it. They said the drive was working but that the data was corrupt. The platters were never broken, since the drive just broke 1 week after we bought it, and it was the firmware, which was a very documented failure for that exact model. So laugh as much as you want big boy, but tell me HOW if they could see that the data was corrupted, HOW on earth we have the EXACT same roblem on that HDD as we had before sending it?? There¡s only 2 options, a) they broke it again b) they never fixed it.

Maturity is an inefficient way to get a point across. Seagate had an 11.3 billion revenue last year and has 52600 employees. A company of that size will screw up by definition. WD does it as well, as do Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Samsung, IBM, mc Donalds, coca cola, etc. Screwups are made, coverups are attempted. Just think about all the times they did successfully cover up their screwups. Welcome to capitalism.

Thinking they broke your disk on purpose because you didn't want to pay definitely isn't a decent argument. People who disagree with such logic surely must work for Seagate though.

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gomer Pyle said it best, "Surprise Surprise Surprise"

And, Seagate has surprised me; because, I was, sort of, leery of their drives after the firmware problems they rather candy coated over at first, then tried to fix.
Since then I received a Seagate ST31000528AS with a bundle deal, and it is quiet, cool, and, also, rather quick.
No problems with it so far; so, as of this moment, I would buy from them again.
:)

System Name His - Hers - Guest - Guest - Guest
Processor 2700X - i7 5960x - i7 990x - 930 -i7 870 - i7 870
Motherboard MSI B450 ITX - Evga X99 - X58 - x58 - P55 FTW 200's
Memory 16GB - 8G
Video Card(s) Radeon VII - GTX770 x 3
Storage SSD
Display(s) 4K
Case Antec 1200, 1200, 900, 900
Power Supply Antec 1200 watt
Software Windows 7 Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Who cares
I love my seagate drives, i will say though i bought X4 320Gb drives years back and all 4 caught on fire.
I own
x2 250g Slims both work great and have been for years
x4 320 fat drives All 4 Failed withen 1-3 years ( seagate replaced with 320 slims and replaced my Mobo they Killed)
x6 1TB all work great
All drives are 7200rpms

Last edited:

Benetanegia

Maturity is an inefficient way to get a point across. Seagate had an 11.3 billion revenue last year and has 52600 employees. A company of that size will screw up by definition. WD does it as well, as do Intel, AMD, Nvidia, Samsung, IBM, mc Donalds, coca cola, etc. Screwups are made, coverups are attempted. Just think about all the times they did successfully cover up their screwups. Welcome to capitalism.

Thinking they broke your disk on purpose because you didn't want to pay definitely isn't a decent argument. People who disagree with such logic surely must work for Seagate though.

Please give me an explanation of how they could see the HDD, 2 days before we received it then (bear in mind the ~24h delivery time) and when we received it it's not posible... Where did they screw up? They had a working HDD, working enough to be seen in the BIOS and be able to tell the data was corrupted. Then they sent it and maybe some fairies, a penguin maybe intercepted it and broke it? The firmware? Again?

They either broke it or was never rapaired, which is in both cases a clear wrongdoing and I'm not going to appologise for having an opinion.

Please give me an explanation of how they could see the HDD, 2 days before we received it then (bear in mind the ~24h delivery time) and when we received it it's not posible... Where did they screw up? They had a working HDD, working enough to be seen in the BIOS and be able to tell the data was corrupted. Then they sent it and maybe some fairies, a penguin maybe intercepted it and broke it? The firmware? Again?

They either broke it or was never rapaired, which is in both cases a clear wrongdoing and I'm not going to appologise for having an opinion.

I'm not asking you to apologize. You're free to have any opinion you like. And I'm free to point out the flaws in it. And again you are free to point out whatever you feel seems wrong with my statements. It's called a discussion.

The major screwup I'm talking about is the whole 7200.11 series. Your specific case, I would not know what happened. I'm not taking your interesting conspiracy theory as a serious argument though. You could just have had bad luck, it happens you know. When you contacted them about it, what did they say?

Benetanegia

I'm not asking you to apologize. You're free to have any opinion you like. And I'm free to point out the flaws in it. And again you are free to point out whatever you feel seems wrong with my statements. It's called a discussion.

The major screwup I'm talking about is the whole 7200.11 series. Your specific case, I would not know what happened. I'm not taking your interesting conspiracy theory as a serious argument though. You could just have had bad luck, it happens you know. When you contacted them about it, what did they say?

I don't know, it was my brother who made the whole process (it was his data which was lost). I gave up almost 2 years ago, and stopped caring about that HDD, when it seemed pointless. The only thing you should care about is that it was just not resolved. Since you are not from Seagate, it's none of your bussiness anyway. Nor is this thread about resolving our problem. The OP asked if Seagate had changed, and I shared my experience that demostrates they have not changed at least when it comes to trying to avoid their responsabilty on failed HDDs.

I also just shared my opinion, which you don't agree with, and apparently offends you, but I would never be doing all this if I had any doubts. They acted wrong prior, during and after the fact and if it was not because of the news that were posted here on TPU, I would have never learnt about the real problem behind the failure of our HDD. Even after it was a well known problem, they would try to evade the issue on the contacts we made and tried to offer us a simple replacement instead of the service we deserved, so no there's absolutely no way in which I can consider the faulty HDD a coincidence.

System Name An experiment in continuous upgrading
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.4 Ghz | FX-8570 @ 4.0 Ghz | Phenom II X4 965
Motherboard MSI P67A-GD53 | MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Asus M4A79 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 | Zalman CNPS10x | Coolermaster*212+
Memory 24gb DDR3-1866 |8Gb | 8Gb
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 Turbo x 2 (SLI) | Sapphire Radeon 7970 + GTX 670 (PhysX) | Radeon 4870 1Gb
Storage 2x240gb SSD + 4tb SSHD + HDDs | 240gb SSD + HDDs | 120gb SSD + WD Blue 500gb
Display(s) ASUS VG248 144hz + Samsung S23A700D 120hz + 3D Vision | 40" Sony 1080p TV | 23" 1080p
Case Cooler Master HAF-X | Lian-Li PC-8 | Antec 302
Audio Device(s) Senn. PC360 G4ME | Sound Blaster Zx | Generic
Power Supply Corsair TX850W | Corsair TX 750 | OCZ 700
Mouse Steelseries Sensei | Logitech G402 W/L | Generic
Keyboard Filco Majetouch Ninja Tenkeyless MX Black | Logitech wireless |SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red
Software About 800 top-rated games. | 200 top-rated games | No games
Benchmark Scores No time for benching, I prefer gaming.

First they would not give us (or anyone) a solution, in fact they tried to hide the problem until they were caught publicly (well you know the story). Later they were forced by law to fix and recover the data inside the faulty HDDs for free, so after several years waiting we sent the HDD and surprise, they fixed nothing. The HDD is not even recognised by the BIOS. They said it was fixed, and sent it back, but not before saying that although the firmware was OK the data could not be retrieved and that in order to retrieve it we would have to pay them... wait for it... 700 euros. Lol we told them to send it back, so that we could retrieve the data by ourselves (we know people who do it for less than 50), or just consider the data gone for good and finally use the damn thing after a format. No way, like I said, it's not even recognised. We even think they broke it on purpose because we refused to get the 700 euros recovery service. This was 2 months ago.

The bottom line IMO is that no matter how much their products improve in general their support is crappy and just plainly evil. You never know when you could face off another bad unit, so honestly I will never touch a Seagate product ever again.

I quite comprehend your being incensed at them.

To tell the truth, I only own WDs because Seagate failed, as I had been a Seagate faithful for well over 10 years until that screwup happened, but never purchased from them again afterwards.

Actually I love the Samsung F1 drives, and I think the F3s are likely even better, but sadly they are not widely available here.

Darkgundam111

Processor QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 940, 3500 MHz
Motherboard Biostar TA790GX XE
Cooling fans and hs
Memory CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 800mhz 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) Galaxy GTX 460 [retired -> XFX 8600 GTS (931/1917/2300)
Storage OCZ Vertex LE
Display(s) Acer G235H
Case Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) motherboard built in
Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W
Software windows 7 ultimate 64

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I've got many Seagate drives, and although I had issues like many, years ago with firmware problems, I haven't had any issues with my seagate drives in over 2 years now.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
I have a 7200.12 since December and I have no problems with it, either with my Core i7 920 rig or my current Sandy Bridge setup.

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
I am with Benetanegia on this one, if a company screws up its their duty to fix the screwup rather than cover it up or brush it aside.

I am fine with Seagate, WD, Samsung and to some extent others. I am not fine with Hitachi (still waiting for people to convince me that their Deskstars are reliable).

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
I think there was some higher rate of failiures with the 7200.11s or something quite a while back but other than that I have not heard any issues with them.

I know they flick off odd ball sized HDDs to companies like HP to stick into their machines.
Maybe HDDs which have had the bad sectors blocked off and since HP is interested in the drives than they have a place to sell them.

Currently WD appear to be the recent ones under fire with the WD Green Power drives and their WDIdle3 so yes each manufacturer have had their moments.

I personally stick with WD because WD was the first brand I had and have had no issues with their drives as of yet.

But if I was given no option like my netbook which comes with a Seagate, I wouldn't change it.

System Name His - Hers - Guest - Guest - Guest
Processor 2700X - i7 5960x - i7 990x - 930 -i7 870 - i7 870
Motherboard MSI B450 ITX - Evga X99 - X58 - x58 - P55 FTW 200's
Memory 16GB - 8G
Video Card(s) Radeon VII - GTX770 x 3
Storage SSD
Display(s) 4K
Case Antec 1200, 1200, 900, 900
Power Supply Antec 1200 watt
Software Windows 7 Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Who cares
I am with Benetanegia on this one, if a company screws up its their duty to fix the screwup rather than cover it up or brush it aside.

I am fine with Seagate, WD, Samsung and to some extent others. I am not fine with Hitachi (still waiting for people to convince me that their Deskstars are reliable).

I bought Hitachi 2TB was a DOA, sent in for RMA and got a DOA again..... Replaced with Seagate 1TB's that all work great. The first Hitachi might have been killed by the 320 that caught on fire, but the second one was a solo drive.

Hitachi is on my do not buy list...

System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882
so only the 7200.11 series had problems? How bout the 7200.12? im looking at buying this one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IZN3YI/?tag=tec06d-20

but seems that there are bad reviews for it (failure rates)

I replaced a 150gb raptorX with a 500gb 16mb cache 7200.12 and didnt really notice any slow downs or any performance lose for that matter. I've also have no issue with the driveaswell. I would not have a problem recommending a 7200.12 HD to anyone, including family.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Every Seagate i have had in the past always ended up getting bad blocks.. Although not had one over 7 years now so a lot can change in that time.

I only get WD's and never had a issue and been in to computers since early 90's.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
Ive never had a problem with WD they even replaced my old raptor with a new velocilraptor
when i sent it in for a problem which was actually windows fault for corrupting the MFT.

The same problem of it not working in AHCI happened to the new one, turns out you shouldn't let win7 partition your drives in setup write 0's and its fine now :roll:

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel Xeon E5-1680v2
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X79
Cooling Intel AIO
Memory 8x4GB DDR3 1866MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SC
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB + 2x WD RE 4TB HDD
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Case Fractal Define XL Black
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi Uber/Sony CDP-XA20ES/Pioneer CT-656>Sony TA-F630ESD>Sennheiser HD600
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I've got a Hitachi, Samsung, WD, Seagate in my system ATM :) all running fine without problems. I never really experienced any trouble with a specific brand.
At the end of the day ANY drive can fail, so I usually end up getting a drive with a good price for the GB's offered.

But I do avoid drives that have firmware issues and such.

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
we go through plenty of drives at my work and really, i've had an equal amount of failures between western digital and seagate. So it seems statistics ring true, the more of somehtign you observe, the more you'll see conspiracy type patterns disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.