• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Second Hand PC from eBay

I just collected my PC from a pickup shop . I bought it from eBay, it was well packed, unlike the last one I bought from there.
It looks in good shape, but very dusty as you would expect from an old PC bought from eBay.It came with all the manuals and five Dell discs and one for the graphics card, not that I will be using the one in there. I got myself an Air Duster spray. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will work. I will let you know how it goes. :)

Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard Asrock B550M Pro4
Cooling Cooler Master 212 EVO Black
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengance XPL
Video Card(s) ROG Strix RTX 2070 Gaming
Storage 2 x Intel 660p 512GB SSD
Display(s) 32" LG
Case Cooler Master HAF 912 (legacy)
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing 3-way (legacy)
Power Supply 850W XFX Black Edition
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win10 Home 64bit
System Name Mini efficient rig.
Processor R9 3900, @4ghz -0.05v offset. 110W peak.
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M DS3H, bios f41 pcie 4.0 unlocked.
Cooling some server blower @1500rpm
Memory 2x16GB oem Samsung D-Die. 3200MHz
Video Card(s) RX 6600 Pulse w/conductonaut @65C hotspot
Storage 1x 128gb nvme Samsung 950 Pro - 4x 1tb sata Hitachi 2.5" hdds
Display(s) Samsung C24RG50FQI
Case Jonsbo C2 (almost itx sized)
Audio Device(s) integrated Realtek crap
Power Supply Seasonic SSR-750FX
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Redragon K539 brown switches
Software Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 + Windows 10 21H2 LTSC (patched).
Benchmark Scores Cinebench: R15 3050 pts, R20 7000 pts, R23 17800 pts, r2024 1050 pts.
I just collected my PC from a pickup shop . I bought it from eBay, it was well packed, unlike the last one I bought from there.
It looks in good shape, but very dusty as you would expect from an old PC bought from eBay.It came with all the manuals and five Dell discs and one for the graphics card, not that I will be using the one in there. I got myself an Air Duster spray. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will work. I will let you know how it goes. :)
is that a pc with mistery specs? would be interesting to see if its got any interesting stuff in there, especially with 2021 gpu crysis

is that a pc with mistery specs? would be interesting to see if its got any interesting stuff in there, especially with 2021 gpu crysis
No, it is an old Dell 620 mt i5 2310 4Gb I have put a new Evga 500w PSU And a 7850 Graphis card, and a PCI USB 3 hub in there. I have put XP on it with Easy2Boot. It is going to be a retro gaming PC. There is one thing I don,t know if anyone can help me with. See that connecter that goes into the drive do they do L shaped lead that I can put in the drive, as the drive faces out. I did not realize at the time they were not L shaped like the cable shown .I want one to connect to the one in the JPG 280 photo. I don,t suppose they sell them. :(I have put the drive the other way round there is nothing connecting it. I will try and get some brackets so I can screw it in it seems ok at present.
1638299372649.png

Attachments

• DSC00280.JPG
    DSC00280.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 43
  • DSC00284.JPG
    DSC00284.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
thats just an L-shaped SATA connector ... ?
you can buy those practically everywhere

Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard Asrock B550M Pro4
Cooling Cooler Master 212 EVO Black
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengance XPL
Video Card(s) ROG Strix RTX 2070 Gaming
Storage 2 x Intel 660p 512GB SSD
Display(s) 32" LG
Case Cooler Master HAF 912 (legacy)
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing 3-way (legacy)
Power Supply 850W XFX Black Edition
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win10 Home 64bit
I can't tell much from your blurry photos, but are you asking if they make an L-shaped SATA connector with the L n the other direction? L up instead of L down?
If so, the answer is yes.
No, it is not I have a few of those, it is the other cable used to plug in the drive. I want a short connector that converts the straight lead below to an L-shaped connector so the cable does not stick out of the case.

Attachments

• DSC00280.JPG
    DSC00280.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 40
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
I can't tell much from your blurry photos, but are you asking if they make an L-shaped SATA connector with the L n the other direction? L up instead of L down?
If so, the answer is yes.

"L up instead of L down"?!

You determine the direction of the right angle connector by simply turning it. having a L up or L down version as you put would be like those silly novelty left handed coffee mugs that are so very real. at the store they are right next to the glass hammer and the bucket of steam

No, it is not I have a few of those, it is the other cable used to plug in the drive. I want a short connector that converts the straight lead below to an L-shaped connector so the cable does not stick out of the case.

what has been linked already is the SATA data cable which plugs into the motherboard. you must want the SATA power cable (which plugs into your PSU) with a right angle connector. Which is also readily available literally everywhere that sells PC parts.

I'm not sure if they make single adapters that would convert that one SATA connector to right angle for you, but there are ones like this that do the job....perhaps leaving you with some extra unused ports and extra cable length but I assume aesthetics is not your goal here. either way this should put you on the right path

doesn't work, the SATA connector's keyed like the USB-A you cant just turn it around

Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
doesn't work, the SATA connector's keyed like the USB-A you cant just turn it around
touche! left red faced, totally forgot they are keyed! I thought you guys were calling L like a shape a right angle connector would make, using the term L instead of right angle.....not that actual L shaped key of the connector lol

"L up instead of L down"?!

You determine the direction of the right angle connector by simply turning it. having a L up or L down version as you put would be like those silly novelty left handed coffee mugs that are so very real. at the store they are right next to the glass hammer and the bucket of steam

what has been linked already is the SATA data cable which plugs into the motherboard. you must want the SATA power cable (which plugs into your PSU) with a right angle connector. Which is also readily available literally everywhere that sells PC parts.

I'm not sure if they make single adapters that would convert that one SATA connector to right angle for you, but there are ones like this that do the job....perhaps leaving you with some extra unused ports and extra cable length but I assume aesthetics is not your goal here. either way this should put you on the right path

Yes, I did not know the name of it, I just put the picture of it on the other cabal to show you what I meant. Sorry if I confused you all. The power cabal sticks out the case, that's why I need an L-shaped one. As it is for an HDD 3.5. I would not need it for an SSD as you can just put them in anywhere.