1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Security Settings Erased SD Card

Discussion in 'Storage' started by RickyRozay, Apr 18, 2017.

1. RickyRozay

Thanks Received:
    Hello,

So I was putting my company email account on my phone, and before it allowed me to access it, it told me that the email account wants access to my security settings in order to be allowed on my device.

I clicked okay thinking surely this can't be overly invasive, and when I was logging in I got a pop up message saying "Access SD Card Disabled" or something like that.

Anyway, since then... all my pictures on my SD card are gone! I mean years and years of pictures just gone...

It's a Galaxy S7, and I am shocked that this has happened just from putting an email account into my phone. Is there any way to reverse this?

Thanks in advance :(

2. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Need to bring it up with your IT dept. Some companies require in their policy that certain thresholds be met and they can enact them when you accept the policy.

Forcing a lock screen with pin or password and no notifications is common. I can imagine at certain companies they would also disable your camera/SD card, especially where security clearance is required. Hopefully they can give you back your data and perhaps a company-issued phone if they're concerned with security.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. dorsetknob

dorsetknob "YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"

Thanks Received:
    Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
    Company Business on your own private phone is a NO GO ( UNLESS YOU OWN COMPANY )
    If Company Need you to have a phone to conduct Business then they need to Supply you with a Phone
    If You were known to conduct Company Business on your own private phone and you leave
    maybe on less than good terms how would you feel if said Company applied to the courts to seize your phone for Examination and the Essential Deletion of any information they deem necessary before Returning it to you 12 months later
    Could this Happen YES is it Could !
    first time you would know about such action is when police turn up to seize the phone pending court Action so you are not in a position to delete anything

you may be Able to recover your SD card Stuff with a Recovery program but don't bank on it

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    10 Year Member at TPU
  4. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Plug the SD card into an SD reader and plug that into your PC. Download and boot from a Parted Magic Live Boot CD, run a Utility called PhotoRec and I guarantee it will recover every ounce of deleted file (including some you deleted since the start of the life of the card).

puma99dk| and dorsetknob say thanks.