• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Security Settings Erased SD Card

System Name Ciroc
Processor Xeon X5675 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 (Flashed to P6T WS Pro)
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 12GB Hynix 1866MHz ECC Triple Channel
Video Card(s) GALAX GTX 970 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD
Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 144Hz 1920x1080
Case None
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Software Windows 7 Home Premium
Hello,

So I was putting my company email account on my phone, and before it allowed me to access it, it told me that the email account wants access to my security settings in order to be allowed on my device.

I clicked okay thinking surely this can't be overly invasive, and when I was logging in I got a pop up message saying "Access SD Card Disabled" or something like that.

Anyway, since then... all my pictures on my SD card are gone! I mean years and years of pictures just gone...

It's a Galaxy S7, and I am shocked that this has happened just from putting an email account into my phone. Is there any way to reverse this?

Thanks in advance :(

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Need to bring it up with your IT dept. Some companies require in their policy that certain thresholds be met and they can enact them when you accept the policy.

Forcing a lock screen with pin or password and no notifications is common. I can imagine at certain companies they would also disable your camera/SD card, especially where security clearance is required. Hopefully they can give you back your data and perhaps a company-issued phone if they're concerned with security.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
So I was putting my company email account on my phone,

Company Business on your own private phone is a NO GO ( UNLESS YOU OWN COMPANY )
If Company Need you to have a phone to conduct Business then they need to Supply you with a Phone
If You were known to conduct Company Business on your own private phone and you leave
maybe on less than good terms how would you feel if said Company applied to the courts to seize your phone for Examination and the Essential Deletion of any information they deem necessary before Returning it to you 12 months later
Could this Happen YES is it Could !
first time you would know about such action is when police turn up to seize the phone pending court Action so you are not in a position to delete anything

you may be Able to recover your SD card Stuff with a Recovery program but don't bank on it

Last edited:
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Is there any way to reverse this?

Plug the SD card into an SD reader and plug that into your PC. Download and boot from a Parted Magic Live Boot CD, run a Utility called PhotoRec and I guarantee it will recover every ounce of deleted file (including some you deleted since the start of the life of the card).

System Name Ciroc
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case None
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Sorry to leave it so long, just wanted to update that I managed to recover all the files.

Thank you everybody for your advice, won't be putting my email account from work on my phone again!

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
One thing I always like to do is drop five or 10 bucks a month on a cloud storage service or build your own Nas storage. The way I had it set every single time a picture was taken it would upload and when it's like that it just doesn't make a difference what happens to the device because as long as the device is OK for two seconds after the images taken it's online and safe from physical/local £uckery.

System Name Ciroc
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case None
Audio Device(s) Onboard
That's a good idea, I'm only young but I resist all this 'cloud' stuff and I don't really know why. Maybe it's time to embrace it as you say :)

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Company Business on your own private phone is a NO GO ( UNLESS YOU OWN COMPANY )
If Company Need you to have a phone to conduct Business then they need to Supply you with a Phone
If You were known to conduct Company Business on your own private phone and you leave
maybe on less than good terms how would you feel if said Company applied to the courts to seize your phone for Examination and the Essential Deletion of any information they deem necessary before Returning it to you 12 months later
first time you would know about such action is when police turn up to seize the phone pending court Action so you are not in a position to delete anything

you may be Able to recover your SD card Stuff with a Recovery program but don't bank on it
Great points there Dorset, especially the bold bit. I hadn't thought of that myself. My workplace allows people to access work emails from private smartphones, which sounds like a really bad idea now. I wasn't too keen before either, but wouldn't touch it now.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

Phones need encrypted routing to access that stuff in order to remain secure.

System Name Ciroc
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case None
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Ha, they give us multiple 'apps' to use as part of our job... but they don't give us a device to use them on.

And they've explicitly stated that we can use our own phones, but we won't be compensated for doing so.

Welp, that's the cash strapped ENN AITCH ESSS!

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Ha, they give us multiple 'apps' to use as part of our job... but they don't give us a device to use them on.

And they've explicitly stated that we can use our own phones, but we won't be compensated for doing so.

Welp, that's the cash strapped ENN AITCH ESSS!
It's all tax deductible in that case, get a decent phone, tax deduction, and the cost of the calls can be deducted too.