• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Seems like ATI brand has disappeared...

mmx

THEINQUIRER(http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33529)
JUST LIKE NVIDIA killed the 3dfx and Voodoo brands at the moment of their biggest strength - when Voodoo was to GeForce what Ferrari is to Volkswagen, AMD is sending ATI, RADEON and the rest of the ATI brands into Oblivion. Not The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion one, of course.

Since this was a company buyout and not a merger, it is not surprising that the AMD execs decided to kill the ATI brand. People will just have to get used to the fact that now they can buy CPUs, graphic cards and motherboards with full AMD branding. Since AMD uses green for its own corporate colours, you can expect that the whole AMD platform is now green - both AMD and Nvidia are fans of British racing green.

The death of the ATI brand will pretty much start immediately, so you can expect that the fall line-up of chipsets and graphic processors will bear AMD branding. It will be certainly interesting to see that actually the best chipset for Conroe, or Core 2 Duo is actually coming from - AMD.

Knowing that AMD likes to create names starting with obligatory "on" at the end of the brand name, we would not be surprised if all of the new AMD products follow suit.

You can expect that the current "Imageon" brand will remain intact, since it does end with the "on" and fits AMD's mantra perfectly (Athletic+on, SemperFi+on, Imagine+on). µ
:mad:
Lets hope that AMD videocard divizion(ex ATI) will continue to make quality GPU's because if not the market will be f*** up.
There are roumers that AMD will go down, because buying ATi , INTEL has mutch better CPU (Conroe) and killing Ati brand (All the ATi fanboy will now switch teams maybe to nVidia or maybe to whatewer AMD will relese) but i think that AMDs well payed people had thinked about this and its for theyr best.....anyway lets hope this is for our best ...the costumer.

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
this has already been posted :p

I can't believe this tho... it's terrible.

System Name Geil
Processor Ryzen 6900HS
Memory 16GB DDR5
Video Card(s) Radeon 6700S
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 120Hz 2560x1600
Software Windows 11 home premium
IT'S NOT TRUE!!!!

THIS LINK IS BEING SPAMMED ALL OVER RAGE3D, AND THE INQUIERER IS BEING SLAMMED HARD FOR WRITTING SUCH BULL SHIT.

I REPEAT ATI IS NOT BEING DROPED.:banghead:

mmx

Sound_Card said:
IT'S NOT TRUE!!!!

THIS LINK IS BEING SPAMMED ALL OVER RAGE3D, AND THE INQUIERER IS BEING SLAMMED HARD FOR WRITTING SUCH BULL SHIT.

I REPEAT ATI IS NOT BEING DROPED.:banghead:
I hope u speak the truth....:D