• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Seidon 120V

Processor Amd FX 6100 @ 4.1ghz
Cooling CM hyper TX3 evo
Memory 2x4gb Kingston hyperX grey
Video Card(s) AMD sapphire 7850 oc
Storage 1tb WD blue
Display(s) Samsung S24c450
Case Thermaltake versa 2 black
Audio Device(s) Some genius
Power Supply 635watt
Software win 7 64bit
System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Can anyone tell me why is this cooler soo cheap?

Loud fan. Low flexibility hoses. Gurgling/rattling/clicking pump. Assembly nightmare. Cheap Screw holes mounts. Screw holes are easily stripped.
All in all, cheap product made out of cheap parts.

Cooling CM hyper TX3 evo
Storage 1tb WD blue
Power Supply 635watt
Software win 7 64bit
Cooling Corsair AIO
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
moze na maternji ... gledao sam neke forume i tamo se zale na pumpu itd , al temp.nisam mogao da nadjem ...

:D Možemo se dopisivat privatno na materinjem ali u thread-u bi po pravilima trebali na engleskom.

Is it better to get some noctua air cooler , this for example http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=32&lng=en&set=1?

Top Noctua coolers are actually little better than low-end AIO liquid coolers. http://www.techspot.com/review/756-water-cooling-vs-air-cooling/
I have read good things about Corsair Hydro H75 in that article.

Cooling CM hyper TX3 evo
Storage 1tb WD blue
Power Supply 635watt
Software win 7 64bit
yeah i know :) my case suport only 155mm cpu cooler , that is the main problem... and almost every good air cooler is 160mm height :/ I'am not a big fan of liquid cooler

Cooling Corsair AIO
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
my case suport only 155mm cpu cooler , that is the main problem... and almost every good air cooler is 160mm height

I know exactly what you mean, my case also can't fit 160 mm high heatsink .... I am also not satisfied with my scythe katana 4 :(

System Name Awesome-PC
Processor 4670k @4.5Ghz
Motherboard MSI G45 Gamimg
Cooling Cooler Master 120M
Memory G.skill ripjaws 2133mhz 8gb
Video Card(s) MSI 770 Gaming @1200/1753
Storage samsung 840 evo, seagate barracuda 2tb
Display(s) Acer G236HL
Case Corsair 600T
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
get the 120m, its wayyy better but not much more expenive

System Name Personal Build
Processor AMD A10-6800K APU OC'd to 4800MHz
Motherboard ASUS F2A85-V PRO
Cooling Cooler Master Seidon 120M Liquid Cooler with dual fans in push/pull config.
Memory 16GB Corsair CMZ16GXM2A1866C9 8GBx2 OC'd to 2133MHz
Video Card(s) iGPU Radeon HD 8670D OC'd to 1266MHz
Storage Kingston SH103S3120G 120GB SSD
Display(s) Acer 22" LED
Case Full Tower 11 bay ATX Case
Power Supply RAIDMAX RX-630SS 630 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Loud fan. Low flexibility hoses. Gurgling/rattling/clicking pump. Assembly nightmare. Cheap Screw holes mounts. Screw holes are easily stripped.
All in all, cheap product made out of cheap parts.

I've got the Seidon 120M. It was on sale for $5 less than the 120V, and came with the screws to mount a second fan for a push/pull configuration. I already had 4 spare 120mm fans on hand, so that's what I did.

Fan is easily regulated with a fan controller or in BIOS. Easy fix, so quiet I can't hear it. Hoses are meant to be low flexibility. They are made of high strength material so that they don't spring a leak! I have not had any issues of this gurgling/rattling/clicking pump, though I've heard a few people say that. More often, I hear people say how quiet it is. I believe the people who have those issues may have gotten something that had already been mishandled/dropped beyond the capability of the product to absorb it. Cooler Master has been good to me in the past when an item needed an RMA.

I have also heard people say the screw hole mounts are cheap. They are not. However, you need to understand that the screw hole mounts are made of aluminum, and are as sturdy as aluminum can be, which aluminum will give. Those mounts are made to be "finger" tightened only. You should never tighten them as you would the lug nuts on your car. Once they hit friction, stop. With the other screws, like mounting to the MB, I tightened them as tight as they would go and then gave them another quarter turn by hand. All in all, it was a good experience mounting this. However, I probably have more experience working on electronics than most, since I started doing repairing, building, and assembly of electronics as early as 1974.

Assembly of a liquid cooling system is not for the feint of heart. If, however, you have limited space either because of your case dimensions, or position of your memory next to the CPU and you have memory with large fins like I do, then a liquid AIO system may be the way to go.

If you decide on a heat sink/fan combination (air cooler), then make sure it won't interfere with your installed memory. Measure everything multiple times, and get correct dimensions on the product you want to purchase to make sure you won't have a problem with it interfering space wise in your case.

Cooling Corsair AIO
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
I believe the people who have those issues may have gotten something that had already been mishandled/dropped beyond the capability of the product to absorb it.

Low end products tend to have a greater percentage of these issues even without mishandling because of all the production cost cuts, QA included.

System Name Personal Build
Processor AMD A10-6800K APU OC'd to 4800MHz
Motherboard ASUS F2A85-V PRO
Cooling Cooler Master Seidon 120M Liquid Cooler with dual fans in push/pull config.
Memory 16GB Corsair CMZ16GXM2A1866C9 8GBx2 OC'd to 2133MHz
Video Card(s) iGPU Radeon HD 8670D OC'd to 1266MHz
Storage Kingston SH103S3120G 120GB SSD
Display(s) Acer 22" LED
Case Full Tower 11 bay ATX Case
Power Supply RAIDMAX RX-630SS 630 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Low end products tend to have a greater percentage of these issues even without mishandling because of all the production cost cuts, QA included.
That really seems to be more true of low end "brands" than low end "models" in my experience. A decent brand will stand behind their product and replace it. A low end brand doesn't care if it works, as long as they can sell it and make money.

That's why I made my wife pay an extra $20 yesterday to get a Timex watch over some "no-name" fashion watch. She has been buying a $10 watch every year, because they keep breaking one way or another. I told her pay the extra $20 because it will last 10-20 years instead of 1 year, and she'll save a lot of money in the long run. Timex may not be as good as Seiko or Rolex, but for the price, you can't get a better watch.

Same with cooling systems. Get it from some low company, and you'll get a high percentage of it either being bad or going bad early and the company won't do anything about it. Get it from a reputable company, and they will stand behind the warranty.

Cooler Master will stand behind their warranty. The people I've heard complain are people who say it's not worth going through the RMA process, and they didn't even try, probably because of bad RMA experiences elsewhere.

Also, with the "gurgling" and "clicking" noises, I have found it will do that when the radiator is mounted in a certain position, but if you take it out and rotate it, it stops. I've heard that from several other people who tried multiple orientations as well. A simple 180 degree or even 90 degree rotation can help with this in most situations. Especially with the gurgling. It has to do with gravity and whether the intake hose is on the top or bottom of the radiator. The clicking sound can mean a bad pump, or a pump about to go bad, but it is best to contact Cooler Master about it and make sure. Sometimes there are other factors.