• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

self made COSMOS II CLEAR PANEL with new version.

PcBuilderForLife

Hey Guy - I'm clearly late to the party but I would LOVE to get my hands on these corel files!! THANKS!

Compa_chuy

I know I am late to the party and it has been a long while since anyone has replied. I was wondering if I can get the file as well please :D

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
OP has not visited TechPowerUp for some time, therefore I am closing this for now to avoid further comment/disappointment, happy to re-open at OP's request should he return.

Mr.Gr1m

Hi Arg-ist
Hi
Please write your Email to my inbox
Hi Arg-ist,

I also sent you a PM. It would be great if I can get a copy of that drawing file...

Or if anyone else can assist...

Kind Regards

PcBuilderForLife

If he hasn't responded in a while ping again I think he sent them to me once and I should be able to dig them up!

WhatWarranty

Would anyone be willing to send me the design files as well? I'm currently using a Cosmos II enclosure & had pretty much given up on finding any sort of transparent panel for it.

PcBuilderForLife

He will reply he always does! Hopefully he can resend them to me too. How do you plan to produce the window using the files?

WhatWarranty

Fab lab at university accepts jobs from students and staff. Students practice various fabrication techniques by taking on submitted jobs as part of their studies. There's always the chance the lab won't accept certain job submissions due to complexity or tooling, but in that case there's other alternatives I could call on. Worst case I could go multi-process by having one shop do the cut, then another perform the bend the panel would need.

PcBuilderForLife

Where are you located in the world? Sounds like a great plan! I have access to a cnc shop but I don't know if they can work with a corel file?

WhatWarranty

USA-FL. Assuming the Corel files are 2D raster sketches, I'd import them as canvases in SolidWorks or Fusion 360. Trace the important features, then scale appropriately using measurements taken from the original side panel. Once a 3d model can be generated from the sketch planes, export it as whatever format the shop needs. The mounting/latch pin assemblies should be movable from original to new panel. Might need to create adapters if there are problems attaching or aligning the panel, especially since the original has varying thickness along its length.

PcBuilderForLife

Thank you for the reply! I Am sharing your exact words with my local cnc shop owned by a friend./colleague in hopes they can follow your suggested recurred to a degree! I am in Maine and I have always wanted to customize my cosmos 2! what an amazing and unique case!

TheArchitect

MY friend wanted to buy a plexi sidewindow for cosmosII

It costs 160 USD . and shipping 184 USD (UPS). A great summe.He asked if ı can make his window.

I had seen a lot of selfmade Windows , but their quality was not sufficiently.
Max. 5mm plexi or with ugly hinges. Or some hard mods at he case..

This is original side panel from mnpctech

He sent the original CosmosII window to me with original hinges

and I made him a clear sidewindow panel. With original hinges.

Nothing must be modified at the case.. if he wants he can mount the original door too.

First the dimensions..next drawing at corel , and laser cut…

I used 10 mm plexi (original is 12mm thick (it was diffucult to find 12mm plexi in goog quality..)

This is 10 mm lasercut sidewindow with protection foils.

The hinges and locking mechanism mounted to the plexi

I have send the door with post to my friend and this are some photos from the Cosmos II case with the new clear side window ,That he send me… becouse I was wondering result..The is result…

I have paid for laser cutting and for 10mm clear plexi only .

Of course a little effort …

A new version of Clear panel made for my friend 16.04.2016

Hi Mate,

Could you please send CorelDraw files? I would really appreciate it. Thanks

WhatWarranty

I'll have a go at building the design files from scratch. Probably Fusion 360 or OpenSCAD. Can't promise an ETA, but once the design seems solid enough I'll post the files on GitHub.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
He comes in occasionally, his last visit here was 14th July, he will get back to people once he visits I am sure.

WhatWarranty

Thanks for the info. Either way I'll still be putting in some amount effort to create a model that can be manufactured. Arg-ist's sources would just cut some steps out of the process, or at least as an aid in verifying my new design before I spend on manufacturing. Plus if this ends up being 100% original work on my end, I'll have no restrictions on hosting the content wherever I want & under a license of my choosing.