• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Semi-Bricked AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB

GBStranger

So I recently got a new PC, and after I set it up my GPU was not working. I tried installing Radeon Drivers but it did not work. When I checked device manager, it said the GPU said error code 43, the device had an error so it could not be started (now I know that it was because of a bad but still usable vbios). So I tried flashing a custom vbios. It worked and said I need to restart. But when I restarted, my PC turned on but my displays were black. I did my research on what to do and I came across the fact that most gpu's have 2 bios's, 1 for recovery. so switched to the Recovery bios and everything worked. Even the error 43 code was gone (I realized that I could have saved this bios and then flash it on the primary bios, but now I can't do that). So now I have the problem of getting my Primary bios back up and running. I need to find a way to flash the bios that I saved from the second bios to the primary bios, which I can't really do because all I get it a black screen. And no I do not have integrated graphics so booting up using that won't work.

Processor Ryzen 1600AF @4.2Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-A-MAX
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx L120t
Memory 16GB Team Group Dark Pro Sammy-B-die 3400mhz 14.15.14.30-1.4v
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO
Storage 240GB Brave eagle SSD/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Case MSI Mag Vampiric 011C AMD Ryzen Edition
Power Supply EVGA 600W 80+
Software Windows 10 Pro
So why does the 2nd bios that worked no longer not work? also post pics of white stickers on the GPU and GPU-Z if you can

Also you can start with the "working" bios and flip it whilst inWindows to flash the "non-working" bios

GBStranger

So why does the 2nd bios that worked no longer not work? also post pics of white stickers on the GPU and GPU-Z if you can

Also you can start with the "working" bios and flip it whilst inWindows to flash the "non-working" bios

Sorry my first post was really sloppy. I'm going to refer to the Primary bios, which stopped working, as bios 1 and the recovery bios, which still works, as bios 2. Bios 1 stopped working because I accidentally flashed a wrong vbios. Bios 2 is working properly. I can't use the PC right now, but I'll send one as soon as I can.

And what do you mean by starting with the working bios then flipping it?

Thank you so much!

Processor Ryzen 1600AF @4.2Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-A-MAX
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx L120t
Memory 16GB Team Group Dark Pro Sammy-B-die 3400mhz 14.15.14.30-1.4v
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO
Storage 240GB Brave eagle SSD/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Case MSI Mag Vampiric 011C AMD Ryzen Edition
Power Supply EVGA 600W 80+
Software Windows 10 Pro
start with recovery bios, in windows switch to bios 1 and flash a good working bios to it

GBStranger

start with recovery bios, in windows switch to bios 1 and flash a good working bios to it

So its that easy? I thought I would have to do a blind recovery or something. I will try it and let you know if it works. Thanks a lot.

GBStranger

lmao I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to try it, because I lied, it's not my computer, it's my friends computer. might take a week or a month. I'm also considering using freeDOS's autoexec.bat to fix it too. maybe windows 98 idk.