• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sensor Test Inspection?

Kyitty

Was wondering if unclewebb might be able to give me some input on calibrating RealTemp.

I just upgraded/rebuilt my system with a new i5-750 CPU. Installed my Xigmatek HDT-S1283 cooler and noticed a large variation between core temperatures (especially at load w/Prime95). I went so far as removing the heat sink and reapplying my AS5. I'm still showing a 6C deviation between Core 0 and Core 3 (hottest and coolest).

I should note I have the CPU overclocked from 2.66Ghz to 4Ghz. Everything is running smooth as silk so far. :) Just would be nice to make sure my temperatures are accurate.

Last edited:

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Unfortunately Intel does not document these sensors well enough for me to take a guess at what they are telling you. There tends to be some variation in TJMax from core to core but Intel doesn't document how much variation a user should expect.

In previous CPUs, core 0 tended to be the most accurate at full load. I haven't tested any socket 1156 processors so I can't guide you on calibrating them. My only guidance is not to worry about your core temperature as long as your computer is stable. If IBT is running fine at 4 GHz then there's nothing to worry about. Your core temperatures are well within the Intel design spec at this level.

Kyitty

Thanks for the reply. :) I truly appreciate it. At this point things run quite smooth, and even while playing Crysis I'm only hitting about 50-55C as it's not pushing a full load on the CPU. :) Wish Intel would provide more technical information to the masses.

BTW, Merry Christmas a bit early. :)