• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sensor window enhancements

Ok I just put the but in so you would click. :)

I'd love to use it as a proper monitoring tool though, very few things do GPU analysis properly.
Here's some suggestions

• I want it to remember the options in the sensor page: e.g GPU Temperature "Show Highest reading" "Fan Speed (RPM)" "Show highest reading" (you get the idea)
  • I'd love for it to remember which items I disable "Log to file" for as well, so I don't need to set each time.
  • I'd love to change the frequency it updates / polls the stuff, so I know it's not causing much load. 1/3/5/10/30 seconds?
  • The graphs would be nice to be able to enlarge, even if just the basic ugly ones included, double sizing the app or something? That's probably starting to become quite a bit of work though :/

Otherwise, really good and appreciated.

Last edited:

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Ok I just put the but in so you would click. :)

I'd love to use it as a proper monitoring tool though, very few things do GPU analysis properly.
Here's some suggestions

• I want it to remember the options in the sensor page: e.g GPU Temperature "Show Highest reading" "Fan Speed (RPM)" "Show highest reading" (you get the idea)
  • I'd love for it to remember which items I disable "Log to file" for as well, so I don't need to set each time.
  • I'd love to change the frequency it updates / polls the stuff, so I know it's not causing much load. 1/3/5/10/30 seconds?
  • The graphs would be nice to be able to enlarge, even if just the basic ugly ones included, double sizing the app or something? That's probably starting to become quite a bit of work though :/

Otherwise, really good and appreciated.

Over a year later, I'd still like pretty much everything I recommended.

When I open the application, it REMEMBERS that I always want to know frequency, heat, memory use set to MAX always - not monitoring, needs a 'save preferences' button.

System Name In the works
Processor 4670k
Motherboard ASUS Z87
Cooling 5x120mm
Memory 8GB Sniper Gskill 1833
Video Card(s) MSI 970 Gaming
Storage 2x 240gb SSD's + 1TB seagate
Display(s) 27" Acer 1920x1080
Case Corsair Carbide 200R
Power Supply OCZ Power 600W Modular
Keyboard Corsait K70 with red switches
Software Win10
bump for consistency.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I want it to remember the options in the sensor page: e.g GPU Temperature "Show Highest reading" "Fan Speed (RPM)" "Show highest reading" (you get the idea)

that was intentional, so you dont have to manually reset them

I'd love for it to remember which items I disable "Log to file" for as well, so I don't need to set each time.

that should work. did you change cards in between ?

The graphs would be nice to be able to enlarge, even if just the basic ugly ones included, double sizing the app or something? That's probably starting to become quite a bit of work though :/

can you elaborate on that request? what would it be like in a perfect world?

cadaveca

My name is Dave
what would it be like in a perfect world?

The ability to scale the GUI so that all sensor listings can fit without having to scroll would be great. However, in a perfect world, it would great to be able to de-dock and re-dock the sonsor page so you can see both main page and sensors at the same time.