1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Serious graphical issue

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by AngryMerchant, Dec 28, 2011.

1. AngryMerchant

Thanks Received:
    I don't know what's causing it. Two weeks ago, I replaced the old PSU with a 650w and formmatted. I've gone 2 weeks without issue, and this starts again. In certain games (so far only Arkham City), there will be a minor issue like a random stretched-out piece of a character. Other times it will be an incredibly ominous error, such as the entire world turning green, all of the textures breaking, etc. Last time this happened, my motherboard died the next day. I don't see how that should happen, because the only parts left over from when that happened are the hard drive and the CPU, and there haven't been any issues in 2 weeks. Everything has been fine until just now. The latest video drivers are installed. I don't see why all of the parts are systematically deciding "3 years, time to shut down." I have replaced everything but the CPU and the hard drive in the past 6 months, and again, 2 weeks without issue.
    The only video drivers ever installed were the latest ones. The GPU temperature is 30-40 idle, 50-60 at most in-game.

Turned the computer off for 2 hours, tried TF2. Completely fine. No stuttering, no bugs or anything. I don't know why it's always a Batman game.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011