• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Shared PC

markd87

Hi,

I have a custom PC that I built using the help of this forum exactly 2 years ago that I use for everything including business, light gaming, and home theater. I am in the process of purchasing my first condo and when I move in I would like to buy a desk and dual monitors to put in my room so that I am able to productively work from home. However, I would also like the PC to be hooked up to the flat-screen in the living room. Conveniently my bedroom shares a wall with the living room so I could easily run wires to the desk monitors and the living room monitor with no problems. The question I have is how can I make a desktop usable to the desk monitors and the TV simultaneously. I purchased a two bedroom and will be renting out the spare room so it would be helpful to be able to use the desktop to watch TV, listen to music, etc. for my roommate while I may be in the other room working on applications (Microsoft office, SQL, Chrome, etc.). I have Windows 7 Ultimate right now, but I could switch to another OS if necessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I am a novice (at best) when it comes to virualization. Thanks for your time.

Mark.