• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sharkoon Announces Skiller SGC1 ATX Midi Tower Series

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Sharkoon expands the specifically designed for gamers SKILLER series with a PC case for the very first time. With a front panel featuring a fins pattern and angular design elements, the newly introduced SGC1 case aims particularly at customers who already own SKILLER products or prefer a gaming PC in the typical design. Both versions come in black and are almost identically designed, however, the Window Version of the striking case features an acrylic side window, LED fans and interior paint in the colors red, green, blue and black. A cable management system and oval hole cutouts, for example for fans, radiators and the HDD cage, are provided inside both versions. The tunnel on the case bottom not only is intended to improve airflow inside the case, but also to conceal the power supply and hard drives from view. Audio connectors for the microphone and headphones as well as two USB 3.0 interfaces are located on top.

The front panel of the series comes with a 120 mm fan and offers installation options for an additional fan up to 140 mm. The front supports the optional ability to mount a 240 or 280 mm radiator. A pre-installed 120 mm fan is attached to the rear panel; with the Window Version, it is a 120 mm LED fan. Two 120 mm fans can attach to the side panel of the Standard Version, if needed. The top panel of the Window Version offers the possibility to install up to three 120 mm fans or two 140 mm fans, or optional, 360 or 280 mm radiators can also mount here. The tunnel provides enough space for power supplies up to 24 cm in length and includes a HDD cage, which can accommodate two 3.5" or two 2.5" hard drives decoupled.

Oval hole cutouts allow flexible positioning of the HDD cage. If additional 2.5" hard drives are needed, two hard drive brackets are located behind the mainboard tray, which easily attach with thumbscrews. A CPU cooler cutout also facilitates the installation of CPU coolers with a maximum height of 16.5 cm. Cables can be routed behind the mainboard tray via the numerous cable pass-throughs. The maximum length of usable graphics cards is 40 cm. The installation of optical drives is modular, with two drive bays for 5.25" drives located in the front. The drive bays are removable, if extra space inside the case is required. A detachable dust filter is located behind the front panel and on the bottom panel on the Standard Version, while the SGC1 Window also has a magnetic fastening dust filter on the top panel.

The Sharkoon SKILLER SGC1 ATX Midi Tower is now available for the suggested retail price of 39.90 euros from authorized retailers. The Sharkoon SKILLER SGC1 Window is also now available in the color versions red, green, blue and black for the suggested retail price of 44.90 euros.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
Man that case is the worst kind of "gamer" ugly.....it looks like it's from 2005, and even ugly for back then....the only thing that could make it uglier, more cliche, and stupider is a red & black color scheme.....yes, I said it, ANYONE that in 2018 (or in the past 3-5 years) that builds a computer with a red & black color scheme is either 13 years old, has absolutely zero taste, and/or is so oblivious to the fact that red&black has become the worst type of cliche trope that they didn't even realize they were embarrassing themselves....even if you like red&black together (the only individuals that should get a pass on red&black are Anarcho-syndicalists), though I don't know how anyone could, you should avoid it out of principle, as the whole "gamer" aesthetic (just look at any pre-built Asus or MSI desktop for a perfect example) needs to be permanently banned from the PC community and forever relegated to the dustbin of history.

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Man that case is the worst kind of "gamer" ugly.....it looks like it's from 2005, and even ugly for back then....the only thing that could make it uglier, more cliche, and stupider is a red & black color scheme.....yes, I said it, ANYONE that in 2018 (or in the past 3-5 years) that builds a computer with a red & black color scheme is either 13 years old, has absolutely zero taste, and/or is so oblivious to the fact that red&black has become the worst type of cliche trope that they didn't even realize they were embarrassing themselves....even if you like red&black together (the only individuals that should get a pass on red&black are Anarcho-syndicalists), though I don't know how anyone could, you should avoid it out of principle, as the whole "gamer" aesthetic (just look at any pre-built Asus or MSI desktop for a perfect example) needs to be permanently banned from the PC community and forever relegated to the dustbin of history.

You can change the Red to a different color fan and not have to puke... My rig is red and black... How I like it when I built it years ago but you're right the red and black seems to be over done with the onslaught of all the pretty LED's these days. My opinion is the Sharkoon SGC1 is still a decent looking case though...