• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sharkoon Unveils SKILLER SGK50 S4 60% Keyboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Sharkoon Technologies, an international supplier of high-performance quality PC components and peripherals, now presents the SKILLER SGK50 S4 - Sharkoon's first mechanical 60 percent keyboard. Its hot-swap function allows switches to be installed and removed easily, and all switches with 3 and 5 pins are supported. The Kailh switches that are typical of Sharkoon are already pre-installed on the keyboard: The linear red switches, the tactile brown switches or the clicky blue switches. But if the factory-lubricated Gateron switches are preferred, these can be purchased separately with the Sharkoon Switch Set. The keyboard has two pairs of feet and can therefore be positioned at up to three different angles. In addition, two macros with up to 16 macro actions can be recorded or overwritten without the use of any separate software.

The compact layout of 60 percent saves a considerable amount of space on the desk, allowing the mouse to be moved more freely, while the keyboard can be positioned more conveniently while gaming. Thanks to the multiple assignment of the keys, all the functions of a TKL keyboard are provided. This means that the SKILLER SGK50 S4 can still demonstrate full functionality with its handy and compact size.

The Required Switches
A total of three types of switches from the Kailh brand are available: The linear red switch with an imperceptible actuation point, which, thanks to its low operating force, is primarily aimed at gamers; the tactile brown switch with an actuation point which is not audible but which can be felt and is therefore suitable for both gaming and for office work; and the clicky blue switch, which is especially suitable for prolific writers who prefer the sensation of a typewriter. All switches have a travel path to the actuation point of 1.9 millimeters and an actuation force of 50 grams, as well as having an operating life cycle of 70 million keystrokes.

Complete Creative Freedom
Thanks to the hot-swap function, switches can be installed and removed in a few simple steps. A keycap puller tool and a switch puller tool are supplied with the keyboard for this purpose. All switches with 3 and 5 pins can be installed.

Completely without Software
With just a few key clicks, two macros with up to 16 macro actions can be recorded and overwritten without the use of software. The illumination of the SKILLER SGK50 S4 can also be set up just as easily: Using key combinations, lighting effects can be selected, and their brightness can be adjusted.

Additional Switch Types Available
In addition to the three switches available for this keyboard, Sharkoon also offers 8 different switch sets, each with 35 switches from the Kailh and Gateron brands. All switches have either linear or tactile properties, while the Gateron switches are also factory lubricated. According to the manufacturer, this should enable the switches to be operated more smoothly and deepen their sound.

Price and Availability
The SKILLER SGK50 S4 and the switch sets will be available soon. The Sharkoon SKILLER SGK50 S4 will be available at the manufacturer's suggested price of 69.90 euros. The Sharkoon Switch Set with 35 Kailh BOX or with the Gateron Milky Yellow switches will be available at the manufacturer's suggested price of 12.90 euros. The Gateron PRO switches will be available at the manufacturer's suggested price of 9.90 euros.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
I'm looking into getting a 60-65% keyboard for gaming, and do like the look of this one. But, for whatever reason, Sharkoon doesn't have much of a presence in North America, if at all. It's a shame too, because I find some of their mice to be interesting as well.

System Name PC / Laptop
Processor I9 13900K/ Ryzen 5 4600H
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill F5-7200J3445G16G / 16GB 3200 2x8GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Z (using rn), Asus 1650 LP (Backup), / 1650 Gddr6
Storage 1TB SN750, 1TB Samsung 980, 1,7 TB HDD, 2x2TB MX500, 4TB 870 Evo/ Toshiba BG4 500GB NVME
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q, Samsung Syncmaster 2043BW
Case BeQuiet! Pure Base 500DX / Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro with Fiio K5 Pro ESS / Philips Fidelio X2HR with Fiio Olympus 2 E10K
Power Supply BeQuiet! Pure Power 12M 850W / Lenovo 135W
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro / Cooler Master MM731
Keyboard Sharkoon Skiller SGK30
Software W10 Pro (both machines)
well, even if it sounds stupid, i can't understand the appeal of a supershort keyboard. atleast for me i sometimes use arrow keys to navigate websites or use the 10keys for euro truck simulator as an example. it would be a hassle to use the "sharkoon" button for macro keys. apart from the size, kalih red are fine enough to type (got a sgk30) and for the price i'd say it could be a nice option for the money

For some reason (probably because it's a ridiculous name for a product) I'm reading the word "Skiller" in Sylvester the cat's voice.

"Sufferin' scroll lock key! Sharkoon shows off Skriller keyboard"

Processor Ryzen 5600
Motherboard X570 I Aorus Pro
Cooling Deepcool AG400
Memory HyperX Fury 2 x 8GB 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) RX 6700 10GB SWFT 309
Storage SX8200 Pro 512 / NV2 512
Display(s) 24G2U
Case NR200P
Power Supply Ion SFX 650
Mouse G703 (TTC Gold 60M)
Keyboard Keychron V1 (Akko Matcha Green) / Apex m500 (Gateron milky yellow)
Software W10
ISO enter in da house