• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Short cables for NZXT Fully Modular PSU?

System Name Gaming PC
Processor Intel Core i5 12400f at 5.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock B660 Riptide PG (Eternal clock gen)
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II
Memory 32GB Kingston FURY Renegade
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 4070ti Trinity
Storage WD SN750 SE 1TB M.2 + 2x Kioxia Exceria 480GB
Display(s) BenQ EX2780Q 1440p/144Hz
Case Lian Li 205M
Power Supply Corsair RM850x SHIFT
Hi guys,

I'm looking at moving to an ITX build so as with all full size ATX PSU's the stock cables are way to long, with this being modular does anyone know of any short cable kits that are compatible?

Thanks

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
That's a tough one, as you are wanting a custom set.

I see Nzxt does not offer any, and what you see on the shelf are typically extensions, not made to connect to the power supply.

IMHO you have three ways to go.

Cheapest: depends on skill level, but the tools and bits are available to shorten your cables. Risk is high, but cool project.

Midrange: talk to some of the custom cable makers. It is not going to be cheap, but you can pick colors, material, etc. Someone else does the work, all you have to do is read a tape measure and possibly deal with basic math. Will also need to find a diagram of the PSU pin layout. May even surpass the last way, depending on how custom you go.

Expensivist: look for a PSU maker with said kits. I know, for Instance, Silverstone did/does. Simply buy a new PSU, buy the cable kit, install Legos and move forward.

System Name loon v4.0
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard asus Z590TUF+wifi
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory ballistix 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) eVga 3060 xc
Storage WD sn570 1tb(nvme) SanDisk ultra 2tb(sata)
Display(s) cheap 1080&4K 60hz
Case Roswell Stryker
Power Supply eVGA supernova 750 G6
Mouse eats cheese
Keyboard warrior!
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/21765182 https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1114767
Hi guys,

I'm looking at moving to an ITX build so as with all full size ATX PSU's the stock cables are way to long, with this being modular does anyone know of any short cable kits that are compatible?

Thanks
what model? looking at an NZXT c-series review, it maybe a seasonic focus in disguise. if so, looking on the seasonic page
since the focus is interchangable(? check my work please!) w/ the SGX (sff psu) then you may, might, hopefully (enough hope in there?) use those on the NZXT model. however a big if is if NZXT product manger made any shortcuts changes.

looking at cablemod, one of the few i'd trust, SSF cables are completely absent, really they just do corsair and evga. so anything might be more expensive than the PSU itself.

going for that DIY like sneekypete mentioned is a option - there ar plenty of custom cable vids on you tube and the part (probably just the terminals) would be list in the intel ATX psu guide - the pci-e add in card stuff is a different doc but those same ~8 amp terminals are the same to EPS but again check my work. and just about all product page, on digikey and mouser, have pdf for what and how to properly, strip, crimp and insert the terminal. the knowledge is there, just skills and desire is needed. ;)

really get some paracord, heatshrink and heatgun to pimp it out too. since its a project anyhow . . . :)

System Name Gaming PC
Processor Intel Core i5 12400f at 5.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock B660 Riptide PG (Eternal clock gen)
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II
Memory 32GB Kingston FURY Renegade
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 4070ti Trinity
Storage WD SN750 SE 1TB M.2 + 2x Kioxia Exceria 480GB
Display(s) BenQ EX2780Q 1440p/144Hz
Case Lian Li 205M
Power Supply Corsair RM850x SHIFT
what model? looking at an NZXT c-series review, it maybe a seasonic focus in disguise. if so, looking on the seasonic page
since the focus is interchangable(? check my work please!) w/ the SGX (sff psu) then you may, might, hopefully (enough hope in there?) use those on the NZXT model. however a big if is if NZXT product manger made any shortcuts changes.

looking at cablemod, one of the few i'd trust, SSF cables are completely absent, really they just do corsair and evga. so anything might be more expensive than the PSU itself.

going for that DIY like sneekypete mentioned is a option - there ar plenty of custom cable vids on you tube and the part (probably just the terminals) would be list in the intel ATX psu guide - the pci-e add in card stuff is a different doc but those same ~8 amp terminals are the same to EPS but again check my work. and just about all product page, on digikey and mouser, have pdf for what and how to properly, strip, crimp and insert the terminal. the knowledge is there, just skills and desire is needed. ;)

really get some paracord, heatshrink and heatgun to pimp it out too. since its a project anyhow . . . :)

It's a C650 I have.

System Name loon v4.0
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard asus Z590TUF+wifi
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory ballistix 3600 cl16
Video Card(s) eVga 3060 xc
Storage WD sn570 1tb(nvme) SanDisk ultra 2tb(sata)
Display(s) cheap 1080&4K 60hz
Case Roswell Stryker
Power Supply eVGA supernova 750 G6
Mouse eats cheese
Keyboard warrior!
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/21765182 https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1114767
It's a C650 I have.
well assuming its the same as the 750 in the review and if you can confirm the pin outs w/multimeter, you might be in business:

you follow what i'm throwing down? ;)