• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Should I upgrade my PC in these crucial situation of 2019 COVID?

System Name look here
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling be quite
Memory g.skil ripjaws v series
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Storage Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280
Case phanteks eclipse p400a
Power Supply SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold
Oki, I will try my best :) being simple and explicite:

- in this very moment the prices especially for video cards are EXTREMELY high, prohibitive - this imply ->
- IF the u[grade isnt a necessity, outside you have a lot of money to spent you can:
a. either stay with what you have (for free :))
b. either "patch" a little bit your actual system with SOME new components - for example I will add 16 more gigs of ram

IF you upgrade the CPU (to 5600) and also the RAM maybe, probably you will gain a few FPSs in gaming (for a decent amount of money - lets say 250$ - ask yourself IF is worth)
OR
upgrade just the video card (BUT remember todays prices)

IF you will go for a new setup (lets say "best" CPU for gaming (God knows wich is that one, but lets say a 500$ one), a very good motherboard (2-3-500), 32/64 gigs of RAM (lets say 4000MHz 4-800$)), all this will help you just very few (for A LOT of money) IF you will not invest A LOT LOT LOT in an 3080 or 3090 GPU.
Upgrade is wasting my money and will not worth to do it from your comments sending to me this information. From my view of the points, I'm absolutely build a good PC and it can play 3-5 years. And the CPU is stable or my spec is stable. IF I buy a GPU in this difficult time of the 2019 COVIID, it doesn't make any sense. Further explaining of this point is too many money in my hands but user is great Bitch and silly and insane and crazy and idiot. Do you know why? GPU market is crazy right now, since the 2019 COVID is affecting every country, we worked at home. Buy a inflated price of the GPU than the normal price( you know what I mean). Not only the GPU is higher than before but also the CPU is standing at top selling price. To be honest, invest more buy money at both CPU and motherboard but skip GPU. It will waste a lot lot lot of of of money. I agree this point. I saw a Youtuber of experience expert or profession in computer. He talked or shared his view about how to select a worth investment materials, he pointed out 1. CPU 2. motherboard 3. power supply. Do you think is it a good point?

Finally, GPU 3080, 3090. Both are standing insane price in my local market. I learned a lot from you and all guys here. Thank you!

System Name Sunk Cost Fallacy
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev. 7
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Storage WD Black SN850X 1TB + 2x 2TB, 2x 4TB Crucial MX500, 4TB Samsung 870 Evo.
Display(s) Alienware AW2723DF, LG 27GR93U, LG 27GN950-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion Series 2 III, Sennheiser GSP600 and HD599 SE - Creative Soundblaster X4
Power Supply bequiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500w Titanium
Mouse Logitech GPRO X Superlight & G502 X
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mini, Razer Black Widow V3 TKL
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
in your specific case.

look for a decent prebuilt PC.

Upgrade is wasting my money and will not worth to do it from your comments sending to me this information. From my view of the points, I'm absolutely build a good PC and it can play 3-5 years. And the CPU is stable or my spec is stable. IF I buy a GPU in this difficult time of the 2019 COVIID, it doesn't make any sense. Further explaining of this point is too many money in my hands but user is great Bitch and silly and insane and crazy and idiot. Do you know why? GPU market is crazy right now, since the 2019 COVID is affecting every country, we worked at home. Buy a inflated price of the GPU than the normal price( you know what I mean). Not only the GPU is higher than before but also the CPU is standing at top selling price. To be honest, invest more buy money at both CPU and motherboard but skip GPU. It will waste a lot lot lot of of of money. I agree this point. I saw a Youtuber of experience expert or profession in computer. He talked or shared his view about how to select a worth investment materials, he pointed out 1. CPU 2. motherboard 3. power supply. Do you think is it a good point?

Finally, GPU 3080, 3090. Both are standing insane price in my local market. I learned a lot from you and all guys here. Thank you!

Something else to just keep in mind is that upgrading can start you on a slippery slope of further upgrades. Lets say you manage to obtain a more powerful graphics card, then you feel the need to upgrade to a better CPU to take advantage of it, then you need a better cooler to handle the new CPU.....and it continues. You can eventually wind up with an entirely different computer and will most likely realize that it plays games just like the old system did anyway, so you probably didn't need to spend all that money. If your existing system is a good all-rounder and it runs everything just fine, then it's better to hold off on upgrades and continue getting more value from your current system.

Something else to just keep in mind is that upgrading can start you on a slippery slope of further upgrades. Lets say you manage to obtain a more powerful graphics card, then you feel the need to upgrade to a better CPU to take advantage of it, then you need a better cooler to handle the new CPU.....and it continues. You can eventually wind up with an entirely different computer and will most likely realize that it plays games just like the old system did anyway, so you probably didn't need to spend all that money. If your existing system is a good all-rounder and it runs everything just fine, then it's better to hold off on upgrades and continue getting more value from your current system.
Perfectly agree, small "adjustments" to actual platform, next (when times will be more friendly) a new GPU, and after "the rest" :)

System Name look here
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling be quite
Memory g.skil ripjaws v series
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Storage Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280
Case phanteks eclipse p400a
Power Supply SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold
Perfect. I should explore my current system and find a fun or use it for gaming or other etc. DO NOT waste money to upgrade. It's a main point.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
I'd switch that to upgrade to a better graphic's card and find out you need a better power supply too
Then move on to better cpu....
But you have to start somewhere and graphic's is one piece that can move to other builds easiest

If you already have a decent enough PC to give you an extra year then no, IF however you dont, then i guess i would say if you have the cash, then maybe...