• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Show your audio systems!!!

D

Deleted member 24505

No pics yet, But here is what I am using-

Denon UD-M30
Kenwood 100w Sub
Lindy usb DAC
Small studio monitors

The DAC is connected to my pc via TOS and then by ana cables to the Denon. The speakers were active, but i have removed the amps, and they are using crossovers from some tannoy speakers.

Jamie.Macks

Nice, but i hope you really don't have all those speakers a the front like that as speakers more so floor standers need breathing space to sound there best.

I've got them about 18 inches out from the wall but I do keep them all up front like that. 95% of the time they're used for music and I am unfortunately limited to small military housing and I've got bigger furniture being delivered. Once I get a bigger living space I will be upgrading the towers, adding a power amp, and placing everything around my listening area appropriately. But for now this is what I'm working with :)

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
18 inches maybe to much but all i was trying to say was to put 2 pairs away some were and listen too 1 pair time so there is breathing space, although that might be your issue not having some were put them..

Well as long as your enjoying and have fun with it :)..

System Name Darkside
Processor R7 3700X
Motherboard Aorus Elite X570
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx l240
Memory Thermaltake Toughram DDR4 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX Vega 64 Gaming OC
Storage ADATA & WD 500GB NVME PCIe 3.0, many WD Black 1-3TB HD
Display(s) Samsung C27JG5x
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XL
Audio Device(s) iFi xDSD / micro iTube2 / micro iCAN SE
Power Supply EVGA 750W G2
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
Benchmark Scores Not sure, don't care
Nice, but i hope you really don't have all those speakers a the front like that as speakers more so floor standers need breathing space to sound there best.

Not to mention the golden rule of matching speakers. Layman's terms here; Even if all three sets are from the same manufacturer, their 'colour' is not matched and therefore the sound signature of each speaker is fighting with one another. If indeed all three sets are connected, it is going to sound like crap in comparison to picking the best pair of the batch and equalizing them for your room type. Not to mention the impedance of the signal being split into three different paths will not give each speaker enough power to be properly driven which will degrade the sound as well. A classic mistake made by the inexperienced (not necessarily implying yourself). But as he stated, he is working with what he has available.

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Not to mention the golden rule of matching speakers. Layman's terms here; Even if all three sets are from the same manufacturer, their 'colour' is not matched and therefore the sound signature of each speaker is fighting with one another. If indeed all three sets are connected, it is going to sound like crap in comparison to picking the best pair of the batch and equalizing them for your room type. Not to mention the impedance of the signal being split into three different paths will not give each speaker enough power to be properly driven which will degrade the sound as well. A classic mistake made by the inexperienced (not necessarily implying yourself). But as he stated, he is working with what he has available.

True, I got out of dealing with HIFI and such back in the early 2k after 16 years and still today think some of the old speakers are much better even more so the newer TANNOY which is a shame what they done to those these days.

Yet another expensive hobby and you gotta find the speakers you like most for what your doing with them.. As i used to get mine out the local paper and have at least 3 pairs which depending on music type or films i was watching.

Jamie.Macks

18 inches maybe to much but all i was trying to say was to put 2 pairs away some were and listen too 1 pair time so there is breathing space, although that might be your issue not having some were put them..

Well as long as your enjoying and have fun with it :)..

My measurements were way off, sorry, I have them 9 inches from the wall and that's literally the only place I can put them!

Here's a link to check out the specs on my receiver (I think that's definitely enough power even though I might connect a power amp):
http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POCEN/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite-Receivers/VSX-54TX

Jamie.Macks

A link to check specs on my receiver:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POCEN/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite-Receivers/VSX-54TX

I've had all 7 speakers on max volume bumping various genres of music with little to no distortion!