• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Shutdown Temperature GTS 450

Brenio

Hi friends, I need a little help, the sensor of my card is reporting wrong values by the system restarts without being hot.
I have a laser thermometer already checked the temperature with it and that's OK.
Have I changed the thermal paste, changed the updated the bios driver in my opinion the best thing to do would be to disable the temperature monitoring or security system that causes the system to automatically restart.
Anyone know if it is possible to disable this system?
I have no choice, the card is discarded as if I open any 3D application it shuts down the computer. I've checked everything that was possible can only be a problem in the sensor. But if I do not think not be losing anything.
Sorry for my bad english
My card is geforce gts450.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
IMO the problem isnt your graphics card - check that your CPU heatsink is properly mounted and also that your PSU has enough juice to power your system and not some cheap chinese no name brand.

It also helps to know the rest of your system specs.

Brenio

Hello Freedom thanks for you comment.
I changed heatsink :)
my computer have two years.
All system work 100% only in the last weekend the problem start.
i really can imagine this problem is the sensor of this card.
i need one method for turn off the system of shutdown automatic.

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
When you changed the heatsink did you remember to add new thermal paste?

Because it honestly sounds like CPU or PSU related issue, Usually when graphic cards overheat they will just freeze/crash or cause a BSOD not just a straight up restart.

Check that the new cooler is mounted correctly.

to prove a point, Im currently running with a bad power supply - My PC crashes and auto restarts every time i try load a game up.

I cant do anything on it but browse the internet, watch 1080p and blu-ray encodes because the power supply is just to unstable for anything else.

Brenio

I installed a new thermal paste yes, I also checked the voltage source.
It's funny to I open a simple game that requires not much use of the card and in less than 30s it reaches 100 degrees and turn off the computer.

Brenio

It only turns off when the temperature reaches 100 degrees. Like I said I have a laser thermometer reading do the same with both the opposite processor board as memories in hand and none of these places the temperature exceeds 50 degrees. I can get on board with hand without burning myself. While she was actually 100 degrees that would be impossible. So I really think I have a problem in thermal sensor.

Brenio

See i generated one log.

Attachments

• gpuzlog.png
    gpuzlog.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 390

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
give the heatsink a clean - make sure you clean all the dust off it, then remove the heatsink and use a little rubbing alcohol to clean the old thermal paste off. then apply some Arctic MX-4. A small pea sized application in the center of the GPU should be ok. you should be able to get small 5g tubes of MX-4 for next to nothing.

If your PC still doesnt work after that then i recommend replacing the graphics card with a spare to see if the problem still occurs before straight out replacing it. Youre running a GTS450 - a card of that caliber is fairly cheap to replace.

System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882
give the heatsink a clean - make sure you clean all the dust off it, then remove the heatsink and use a little rubbing alcohol to clean the old thermal paste off. then apply some Arctic MX-4. A small pea sized application in the center of the GPU should be ok. you should be able to get small 5g tubes of MX-4 for next to nothing.

If your PC still doesnt work after that then i recommend replacing the graphics card with a spare to see if the problem still occurs before straight out replacing it. Youre running a GTS450 - a card of that caliber is fairly cheap to replace.

I agree with Freedom's suggestion 100%. It is odd that the GPU over-heating is causing a full system reboot. Like Freedom mentioned, a over-heating gpu usually results in a driver crash (black screen) or a BSOD.

Brenio

Hi friends, I came here to say the result and possibly help some other user in the future.
I asked for help on several forums and got no help, nothing that I solved my problem.
How I would have to play a video card in the trash, I decided to try something more dangerous.
I removed the fan and fan plate and washed all card using a product for cleaning electrical contacts, when I say that was washed washing even hit quite enough product and rubbed with a brush, then blew the plate with an air compressor and left in the sun for a few minutes . Have more than a week she is working normal.
I thank everyone who tried to help me and wasted their time.
Sorry for the bad English again.