1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Shuttle Slim-PC DS61

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crmaris, May 13, 2013.

1. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    Shuttle is a key player in the mini-PC, slim-PC, and barebone system market. Today, we will check on their Slim-PC DS61 solution that was designed for digital signage purposes, although it can easily, depending on the CPU and other hardware you install, play the roles of an office PC, HTPC, etc.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Shuttle/DS61/

Last edited: May 15, 2013
    ogharaei says thanks.
  2. Madn3ss795

Thanks Received:
    There's a typo:

Why didn't they use B75 chipset anyway? Was that because of RS232 ports?

crmaris says thanks.
  3. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    looks like a decent little PC. very nice price tag as well. Not some ridiculous cost like SOME "mini" PC's. 16Gbs MEmory. It still blows me away sometimes when I see the memory capacity of these TINY machines, EVEN the standard desktop. I think back to My basic Programming classes in school , and having the teacher tell us that we were SO lucky to have these NEW, and VERY fast computers, Reffering to the Apple 2 E. with a STAGGERING 256Mbs RAM.lol

4. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    he (my teacher) was telling exactly the same to me but I had a different PC, the legendary Atari 1040 STF with 1 MB of memory :)

Last edited: May 14, 2013