• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Silent hunter 4 Issues (how to Port your router)

System Name HAL
Processor Core i9 13900k @5.8-6.1
Motherboard Z790 Arous master
Cooling EKWB Quantum Velocity V2 & (2) 360 Corsair XR7 Rads push/pull
Memory 2x 32GB (64GB) Gskill trident 6000 CL30 @28 1T
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 Gigagbyte gaming OC @ +200/1300
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
Display(s) 65" LG OLED 120HZ
Case Lian Li dyanmic Evo11 with distro plate
Power Supply Thermaltake 1350
Software Microsoft Windows 11 x64
I am looking into the issue people have when trying to host a game on silent hunter 4 online. I have found out that port forwarding is very necessary in alot of cases and in some cases removing norton antivirus will help (though not often with removing norton) i will have the necessary information soon to help anyone having this issue fix it.. things like you having a 999 latency by appearance on the server and so forth as well this adresses..

you will have to obtain all of your computer information.. u can do so by going to your command prompt.. ( hitting start/run) ( or hitting ctrl + alt + R ,i think in vista) i have xp.. sorry..lol.., then typing in "cmd" in the box that pops up.. then type in "ipconfig/all" no parenthesis... it will display your default gateway, ip adress and so forth, write it down.. and your subnet mask too just in case you end up making a static ip connection.. you can get your static ip information from your service provider.. i called bellsouth. you will have to type your ip adress in the internet explorer url line and hit enter.. that will bring you to a page for your router.. in there is where you make the changes.. call your specific router vendor for technical help directly for your specific router.. it's all pretty much the same though regardless of router types..

here is a link to the router ports you will need to adress to.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=509636

remember you will need to make one of each for tcp and udp where it is required since you cannot select "both" as an option in the "virtual server" section of your router profile..
you would end up with a total of about 9 ports if im correct.. and if your on a router and need another person to connect to and host games as well then you will have to add their ip adress instead of yours in the ip adress secion in virtual server.. Whoever is hosting has to have their ip adress in the section that requires and ip adress.. routers pass out private ip's to each person on it and it doesnt change.. I haven't found out how to allow all people to host yet because i cant add multiple ip's for the same setting or it just deletes it when i hit apply as if it's unnecessary due to the fact im using that setting on another ip.. so make a saved setting for each person u want to host and when they want to host, restore their settings.

anyway once you set all the ports and set them to "enable" you should be good to go.. well have fun.. this game is so awsome.. if you havent checked it out i so recommend it and im extremely picky about my games..lol.. seriously this one is a keeper.. it is so choice.. and honestly it's like a fresh breath of air to play something so nice looking and original. the graphics and the sheer size alone make it awsome.. sinking huge battleships and monstrous aircraft carriers is of course a plus.. hehe.. they did a great job making sure you know just how huge everything is.. I'm very impressed..

EDIT: also this game uses teamspeak as well.. good stuff..

Last edited:
System Name HAL
Storage (M2's) 2x Samsung 980 pro 2TB, 1xWD Black 2TB, 1x SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
wow.. I wrote a whole article about fixing this, posted it.. and it vanished.. I so hate when that happens..

I'm going to summaries what I've found so far because honestly I'm not writing all that again..lol.. not unless I know someone actually wants the info..

if ya cant host games on a router, disconnect the router and see if you can while your directly on your modem.. if you still can't then odds are you need a static IP.. ask your internet provider to give you a static IP.. then set your router to PPOE not static.. (thats what bellsouth told me) and go to "virtual servers" in your router and import port number 80 TCP,
3074 TCP, 3074-3174 UDP, and 19000-19003 UDP..(those numbers are directly from UBI-soft) also put those numbers in "application gateways" on whatever public ports u choose. I have heard more port numbers and am still working on what really works. if you know better ones, please feel free to let me know and I will add them. I could finally host a game last night but i stopped being able to after a short time due to some setting conflicts im sure.. i kept getting conflicting answers from Belkin and bellsouth, their all incompetent. I reset my router factory defaults and am starting over fresh so I have a good start.. also odds are you will have to turn off your routers firewall, almost certainly..
The game is well worth this trouble to me even still.. it is so choice.. :D
and honestly if you can't figure it out, odds are I wouldn't want to team up anyway because if your to dumb or impatient, then I don't want you on my team in a game like this..lol.. so I look at it like this.. learning how to set your router is like earning your right to play..lol..

System Name HAL
Ok new revision again.. this is very important.. allow me to explain how a router and modem work.. in a simple way.. signal goes to modem.. modem sends it to router.. the signla the modem gets is one IP adress.. the router then takes that one IP adress and assigns private IP aresses to each person on the router.. so if you want to open the ports for this game you need your private IP adress which can be obtained by running IP config ( follow the steps i said earlier for ip config) write down the ip number for your personal computer that the router has assigned you.. then in the virtual servers section or whatever it's called in your router. where it asks for the ip adress of who to open the ports for.. ( it will list an ip like this 193.432.1.?? the last number or numbers will be blank , so it's asking you for those last digits.. just put in the last digits of your personal IP.. others will be able to connect to the game on the router but only the person who has that ip in there will be able to host matches. i took all the port numbers i found referencing this game and opened them in both tcp and udp and now i can actually host games.. finally like over a week later I figured the thing out.. but now hopefully you dont have to lol... remember disable firewalls and norton.. Happy hunting.. this game still kiks arse.. :D

Last edited: