• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Silicone Lottery delid service?

Have anyone used their delid service before? Are they trustworthy/reliable?

I run my own on this forum... ;)

I’d imagine they’re reliable, though. I’ve spoken with the guy a number of times about CPUs and such.

What chip are you looking to get delidded?

8700K. I read they replace the stock TIM with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut then put the IHS back.

D

Deleted member 178884

Depends whether you'd be fine doing it yourself, I've delidded two CPUs (6600k and 7740x) and both I had bought cheap delid tools from China off ebay (£1.20ish for the 6600k one and £16 for the 7740x one) they work pretty well and it's not too difficult and I had purchased thermal grizzly conductonaut and it didn't cost much at all, silicon lottery's delid service is trustworthy and numerous people have done it, it's whether you'd like to do it yourself or not.

Tell you what...

Grab the paste and throw the two in a padded envelope, I’ll delid and glue it back together for you as long as you pay shipping both ways AND leave me a review on my thread. :)

I’ll ship the paste back as well, that way you can use it on the IHS to the cooler too. What’s not to like?? :D