• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SilverStone Argon AR11

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
SilverStone is looking to expand their Argon series of cooler launches with the all new AR11. Featuring four copper heat pipes, a 92 mm fan, and a dense aluminium fin array, it manages to achieve a 95 watt TDP rating with good airflow. Suffice it to say that this dainty cooler packs a punch.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Considering the target market for this cooler, I'm not sure why you bother to test it with an overclocked CPU.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Where is the Cryorig C7 result?
You guys have already reviewed it and suddenly its dissapear.
We could use some comparison since it is direct competitor for this cooler.

Different test bench, I do not have the time to re-bench that many coolers unless your willing to pay me for that time spent as i work two regular jobs otherwise.

A future review of the Cryorig C7 CU will be coming in the near future to expand the SFF coolers tested.

When the switch to a new platform is made a selection of coolers to re-bench is done along with testing what those coolers and the CPU are capable of. Finding a decent middle ground takes time and requires the testing and remounting of all coolers. Retesting them all takes far to much time as such a smaller subset of around 10 coolers is selected to be carried forward. It could be worse i could test just ultra high end stuff. Instead I make it a point to cover every price segment if a manufacturer is nice enough to send something for review.

Considering the target market for this cooler, I'm not sure why you bother to test it with an overclocked CPU.

Due diligence. Or should I make special considerations in reviews for all the various coolers and test them differently should I make the extra work of dividing all reviews to only show entry level products of the same price? Or should I seperate air from AIO? Should I only test with the CPU stock period or do Overclock tests as well? Should I delid my CPU and give consumers an unfair showing of temps since most will not delid?" Lots of variables its better to just practice due diligence and test everything the same way.

Hell at one point I tried to get rid of IDLE temp data and people pitched a damn fit even though it is useless data that doesn't contribute anything. Considering that I just test all coolers the same way.

Last edited:
Where is the Cryorig C7 result?
You guys have already reviewed it and suddenly its dissapear.
We could use some comparison since it is direct competitor for this cooler.

Will leave it here since you are interested. 8086k@4.7GHz on Cryorig C7 CU. Temps in the latest Prime95 small FTT are about 8-10°C higher.
RAM@4500, Cache@4500 as on the screenshot and it runs almost 24/7 for last 2 weeks. CPU wasn't delidded.

attachment.jpg

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I'm surprised a range of fans weren't tested on this as I doubt many buyers would use the 15mm fan.
Just going by the pictures the fan sits below the height of the adjacent Ram and makes it appear that a taller fan would fit even in SFF cases.

opojare

Different test bench, I do not have the time to re-bench that many coolers unless your willing to pay me for that time spent as i work two regular jobs otherwise.

A future review of the Cryorig C7 CU will be coming in the near future to expand the SFF coolers tested.
Nice, will wait for that.
How about NH-L9i Chromax?

Will leave it here since you are interested. 8086k@4.7GHz on Cryorig C7 CU. Temps in the latest Prime95 small FTT are about 8-10°C higher.
RAM@4500, Cache@4500 as on the screenshot and it runs almost 24/7 for last 2 weeks. CPU wasn't delidded.
Wow thats impressive.
My C7 throttled on 3570K@4.2Ghz.
So was review in this site i think.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Due diligence. Or should I make special considerations in reviews for all the various coolers and test them differently should I make the extra work of dividing all reviews to only show entry level products of the same price? Or should I seperate air from AIO? Should I only test with the CPU stock period or do Overclock tests as well? Should I delid my CPU and give consumers an unfair showing of temps since most will not delid?" Lots of variables its better to just practice due diligence and test everything the same way.

Hell at one point I tried to get rid of IDLE temp data and people pitched a damn fit even though it is useless data that doesn't contribute anything. Considering that I just test all coolers the same way.

That wasn't really an accusation/suggestion, I appreciate that being thorough and consistent is far more important. I'm just making an observation that sometimes, being thorough and consistent can seem a little redundant. :)

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
It's nice to know how far this cooler can get you.

As always, I "appreciate" not having the performance of a stock cooler in there for reference ;)

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
It's nice to know how far this cooler can get you.

As always, I "appreciate" not having the performance of a stock cooler in there for reference ;)
There is also the fact that some coolers can just be downright impressive when they likely shouldnt be. Example being the Scythe KATANA 4 and the FUMA or the Raijintek Aidos which for their size / price or weight proved to be quite something all things considered.

I'm surprised a range of fans weren't tested on this as I doubt many buyers would use the 15mm fan.
Just going by the pictures the fan sits below the height of the adjacent Ram and makes it appear that a taller fan would fit even in SFF cases.
The fan mounting mechanism uses specific screws. So mounting a different fan would require some modding ie cheap plastic zip ties to start or a trip to the hardware store. That and 92 mm fans are not nearly as popular. I literally have none on hand. 120?s check 140? thin and standard? check even got a Noctua 150 set aside but other than SOL. 80 - 92 i have no fans on hand. Even if I did I wouldn't use them in the review. Other fans are used on when checking for design flaws when asked.

Nice, will wait for that.
How about NH-L9i Chromax?

Wow thats impressive.
My C7 throttled on 3570K@4.2Ghz.
So was review in this site i think.
Difference in C7, there is a standard version and now a solid copper design I will be testing the solid copper option which is what @Woomack is using. As for the Noctua Chromax line well they are not available yet until they become available I can't test any of them.

Last edited:
The fan mounting mechanism uses specific screws. So mounting a different fan would require some modding ie cheap plastic zip ties to start or a trip to the hardware store.
Naa, aluminum tape. Never comes off, can be trimmed to fit the needs of the situation, can be used without modifying any of the hardware and yet can be removed easily. While it might seem a little janky, it works well, try it out sometime.