1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Silverstone Kublai KL07

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The Silverstone Kublai KL07 aims to excel at sound dampening while offering both the space and features sought after by professionals and enthusiasts alike. Utilizing signature features of the brand, including a positive air pressure interior, USB Type C port, and thick sound dampening materials, the KL07 achieves a great score in our review.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Silverstone/Kublai_KL07/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017 at 3:20 PM
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Franzen4Real

Thanks Received:
    Nice case, I do like it as a workstation style enclosure. I am a big fan of eliminating 5.25" bays which this case has done, however, why are we putting the 2.5" drives on the back of the tray?? There is no good reason that I can think of... I really don't want to have to take both panels off to do something related to the drives. Plus, I'd prefer them on the front which sits right next to the fans and provides some airflow over them. Perhaps it has to do with a radiator mounting on the front interfering with them... in that case it would be nice for the 2.5" drives to have the option of mounting on the front or back of the tray. But it's still a nice case...

3. Chaitanya

Chaitanya

Thanks Received:
    A nice case, with good connectivity on front panel.

4. thebluebumblebee

thebluebumblebee

Thanks Received:
    What happens to the bracket that holds the 2 front 140 mm fans or a 280 mm radiator if a 360/420 radiator is used? Oops, the front supports 3 x 140 mm fans, but not a 420 mm radiator.:shadedshu:

This case is the windowless Define C with the Define S's rear end plus a little extra insulation and an USB type C port. Silverstone, you used to be innovative. Editor's Choice?

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Assimilator

Assimilator

Thanks Received:
    What about the space between the right panel and mobo tray? :(

Sometimes you don't have to be innovative, you just have to be damn good at what you do, and I guess @Darksaber feels this is one of those times. I must say, nowadays finding a case that is actually functional (in this case, quiet) in a sea of LEDs and gimmicks is sadly a rare thing.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. bogami

bogami

Thanks Received:
    An excellent PC case offers everything for a low price. It's not really in the fashion sense there are no windows and rgb accessories. I think that a 3x140mm radiator (46cm) could get in front, but I do not know how thick. (45mm max?) ..Expansion-slot mechanism is doing his job well and hes spring on all 7 slots , the screws must be in an additional set .

7. 80-watt Hamster

80-watt Hamster

Thanks Received:
    Every time a new case shows up and I find myself thinking, "Ooh, that looks nice," it ends up being 200+ mm wide. Also, where's my 5.25" bay (I just need one)? Also also, get off my lawn!

8. Casecutter

Thanks Received:
    Stupid, Top Mount I/O, and no 5.25" bay... move along nothing to see here.