• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Silverstone Precision PS15

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Silverstone Precision PS15 aims to offer a small form-factor option for those who want to build an mATX system with the potential for liquid cooling—all while keeping overall volume to an absolute minimum, which Silverstone is known for pushing.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Silverstone has always focused on combining a small footprint with cooling capabilities, and the Precision PS15 is no different. It aims to be as compact as possible, but offers the same cooling capabilities as cases with 10%–15% more volume, as well as the same experience in terms of material mix, look, feel, and storage capability. Having reviewed many of their enclosures, the drive for the highest performance to size ratio is really difficult to achieve, so it will be interesting to see how Silverstone fares on the budget side of things.

Now look, I'll give Darksaber SOME credit here - the review does at the very least, discuss what the cooling should be like in theory in this case. It mentions the mesh panel, it mentions the included fan and it even discusses PSU mounting orientation.

What, then, was the issue with *actually measuring some temperatures with a system inside* to get some sort of perspective on whether those things *actually worked*?

While is gravitate to M-ATX case's, this is lacking. For Silverstone I expect better
Depth is just too compact, at 351 mm [13.8"] it makes you take to much in compromises.
Hate that the front bezel has to be tethered, something more I'd expect from a cheap no-name cases.
Needs more harness hiding space on the backside of the mobo tray, especially for a non-modular PSU while that being a 140mm length it still look to eat what little space.
Junky, low cost, and tedious to clean PSU filter, doesn't appear to have a filter on the front bezel.
That "Molex plug for power" supplies power for what power switch light? while the Silverstone LED element, that isn't RGB.

IDK I expect more from Silverstone... feels like they bought some companies lowly design and gussy it up rather than new ground up design.

While is gravitate to M-ATX case's, this is lacking. For Silverstone I expect better
Depth is just too compact, at 351 mm [13.8"] it makes you take to much in compromises.
Hate that the front bezel has to be tethered, something more I'd expect from a cheap no-name cases.
Needs more harness hiding space on the backside of the mobo tray, especially for a non-modular PSU while that being a 140mm length it still look to eat what little space.
Junky, low cost, and tedious to clean PSU filter, doesn't appear to have a filter on the front bezel.
That "Molex plug for power" supplies power for what power switch light? while the Silverstone LED element, that isn't RGB.

IDK I expect more from Silverstone... feels like they bought some companies lowly design and gussy it up rather than new ground up design.
I mean, the case is $60, covers a market segment that is... frankly not so popular these days, has a TG side panel and a mesh front plus removable top dust filter etc.

I don't exactly think complaining about a budget case using a budget front panel attachment method and a budget PSU dust filter is worthwhile. What else canyou buy for $60 that doesn't have those drawbacks?

I mean, the case is $60, covers a market segment that is... frankly not so popular these days, has a TG side panel and a mesh front plus removable top dust filter etc.

I don't exactly think complaining about a budget case using a budget front panel attachment method and a budget PSU dust filter is worthwhile. What else canyou buy for $60 that doesn't have those drawbacks?

I suppose I'm "old skool" and glass side panels and LED are wow when new. I more about keeping down the dust bunny's, it's so much better than working to cleaning and washing windows. Those who own a house know that takes enough of of one time, the last thing I need to add to my regiment is a computer. I suppose that's different for millennials.

Looking at what this case provide it's like a DIYPC or Compucase HEC construction that they add a LED logo to, that doesn't make it $60. Tor that price (2 years back) I went with a Cooler Master SIL-352M-KKN1 Silencio 352, that has plenty room and packed with nice amenities. It also had tight space behind the mobo tray, but that was about the only short-coming I could gripe on. I suppose if you have some reason you're after a M-ATX case, while just have-to-have a chassis that's 351 mm [13.8"] in depth (not all that normal), and want glass and unrestricted air flow, then this is something to look at.

I suppose I'm "old skool" and glass side panels and LED are wow when new. I more about keeping down the dust bunny's, it's so much better than working to cleaning and washing windows. Those who own a house know that takes enough of of one time, the last thing I need to add to my regiment is a computer. I suppose that's different for millennials.

Looking at what this case provide it's like a DIYPC or Compucase HEC construction that they add a LED logo to, that doesn't make it $60. Tor that price (2 years back) I went with a Cooler Master SIL-352M-KKN1 Silencio 352, that has plenty room and packed with nice amenities. It also had tight space behind the mobo tray, but that was about the only short-coming I could gripe on. I suppose if you have some reason you're after a M-ATX case, while just have-to-have a chassis that's 351 mm [13.8"] in depth (not all that normal), and want glass and unrestricted air flow, then this is something to look at.

So what you're saying is that for some reason you're...blaming silverstone for making a product they never expected someone with your requirements to actually buy?

This product's core features are perfectly fine. The tempered glass isn't for you - its for people who want tempered glass. Those people know that tempered glass is more expensive than steel and so they're not going to be disappointed that in order to put TG on a $60 chassis, something else had to give way.

I feel like the problem here isn't the case - its that you seem to want every product Silverstone makes to be something you would buy. This isnt. Because its a product someone else would buy.

Processor Intel Core i7 9700KF @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S / NA-FC1+Noctua and Be Quiet! Fans
Memory Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHZ
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 3060 12GB
Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe
Display(s) MSI G244F + Dell P1914S
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 Black
Audio Device(s) A] Onboard > Logitech Z623 B] Denon DRA-295 > JM Lab Cobalt 810
Power Supply EVGA G+ 650W with APC 1400VA UPS
Mouse Asus Strix Carry + Corsair MM300
Keyboard Ducky One 2 TKL MX Silver
Software Win 10 64Bit
I recently completed a new gaming PC build and chose this case due to the size, side window and the front having good airflow. And of course the price.

I removed the HDD cage since i don't use 3.5inch drives. Now i can install any PSU i want, i used the EVGA 650 G+ fully modular. I have a single 2.5inch SSD mounted behind the motherboard tray.
Not roomy for cables back there but no major headache getting it all positioned correctly.
My GTX 980 fits with about 1-2cm of clearance from the front panel. I don't have intake fans i just have a single rear exhaust.
CPU cooler is a low profile Noctua, so no need to worry about height clearance of a regular tower heatsink.

All inside the PC is black, apart from the brown Noctua fan, it looks nice through the glass side.
Overall i am very pleased with the case, i like the power button being on the corner, nice touch. I removed the front LED, didn't see the point of using it.

I feel like the problem here isn't the case - its that you seem to want every product Silverstone makes to be something you would buy. This isnt. Because its a product someone else would buy.
Some see some see the glass half-full, other see it as not reaching its full potential.

This product's core features are perfectly fine. The tempered glass isn't for you - its for people who want tempered glass. Those people know that tempered glass is more expensive than steel and so they're not going to be disappointed that in order to put TG on a $60 chassis, something else had to give way.

My apathy has less about the glass.... but not providing implements to keep the internals clean, to have it looking admirable and satisfying, and not ending up more often looking like a bunny enclosure. As to cost of a forming a metal (stamping dies) and finishing (paint) side panel, I might say a piece of tempered glass to cut, finish the edges, water bore holes, and silk screen the edge is hardly a $3 adder in true production.

I might say a piece of tempered glass to cut, finish the edges, water bore holes, and silk screen the edge is hardly a $3 adder in true production.
Then you've quite clearly never even spoken to anyone who has been involved in tooling up and running a production line - it adds a lot more cost than you seem to think.

Then you've quite clearly never even spoken to anyone who has been involved in tooling up and running a production line - it adds a lot more cost than you seem to think.
Right, tell your self that! I started work in manufacturing in 1980. Had have been in engineer of durable goods for +26 years. I wouldn't think for a moment a Chinese manufacturer, buying raw sheet and making and supplying for multiple client's the cost is not near as exsorbinate and you judge. Case manufacturer jumped on the glass side panel several years ago as upscale and high-end appearance, while actual cost was not that obtrustve. Today I consider the cost to bring into and packaging on a case a mimimal up-charge. But to each his own.

Last edited: