1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Silverstone Raven Cooling good?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Castiel, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    I was wondering is the cooling for a Siverstone Raven good? Because its doesn't look like it has the best air flow.

2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I had my rig in one for a while. Temps were comparable to many others. Case airflow could be better IMHO but its near silent out of the box:)

Castiel says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Castiel

Castiel

Thanks Received:
    See I worried that a system would get really hot with long hours of gaming and working on it.

Like a system with a OC'ed CPU, 2 way SLI/Crossfire, lots of harddrives, and other heat created by hardware. Pretty much running for a long time. Because by looks of the case, the airflow sucks. But it looks so awesome I want it.

4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    It is an interesting concept, I did consider purchasing it till I found what I considered a better value and cheaper at the time (HAF932). I like the idea of the Raven, and I hear it does pretty good, by nature of design it should do quite decent. So definately promising there, I'm waiting to see what future Ravens and other brands' concepts look like though, the Raven needs some work imo. Very nice case though...I hate front panels though.

5. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    Put it this way, I still have the HAF 922 and sold the Raven;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    How well did the FP sliding cover work? It seemed kinda clunky imo. I had a couple hours where I was seriously thinking of laying down the cash on one of these cases. Everyone says wait for better polish and improvements though.

Offtopic: How is the 922? I probably would've snagged that, but it had just been released and the 932 was like 10 bucks more...so I bit the bullet for fact of value imo. I love my case, but it's quite large, it hangs over my pc case table on both ends lol, where the old antec 900 just barely was over the front. I might still grab a 922 someday in the future and downsize in PC cases..but overall I'm just too happy with the 932 yet to part with it! :D

7. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    The ravens door was a bit odd. It would push down and lock ok, but I did have it unlock itself and slide up on me in the middle of a game once or twice. Scared the bejebus out of me.

I loved the Raven Dont get me wong. I liked it was odd and different, and the wires...well there were no wires showing really...lol. Just got bored really. This Lian Li I'm using now has tons of options I have plans for, but need time to expliot the possibilities:)

The 922 is roomy, and I think better on the eyes than the 932. Wiring is hidden well, with loads of room from the door bumps. Only thing it lacks is a black interior.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
    10 Year Member at TPU
  8. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    the raven 2 is about to come out and that looks like some massive airflow.