• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

single slot, full-cover & universal water blocks for the 560Ti

Single-slot = block/top & fittings don't make front of card extend more than 14.5mm into neighbouring card's back keep-out zone.
i.e. Whatever part of the block fits "between the cards", must be less than 12mm.
Fittings can make overall thickness greater than 12mm if a block is full-cover...
As with FC blocks, fittings aren't usually situated "between" cards, hence they won't extrude into the keep-out zone.

Here's an excellent resource for comparing the performance of full-cover & universal blocks.
Although it's a shame the very latest blocks for the 5xx series of nV GPU's aren't yet tested.
Full-covers at least should be tested by now, as they can change quite a bit more from generation to generation.

Is there any single slot full-covers or universals (560Ti) that aren't on my list below?
Which is the best performing single slot full-cover & universal in your opinion?
If there's not any decent single slot universals, then which universal do you prefer?
I will buy 1x full-cover & 1x universal, both single-slot preferably, this is all I've found so far:

_________
Single-slot

Full-cover:
*Dangerden DD-GTX560
Seems to have limited compatibility...
*HeatKiller GPU-X³ GTX560 "Hole Edition"
Better compatibility? According to PPC the "hole edition" offers slightly better cooling than the non-hole edition.

Universal:
*Koolance GPU-180-H06's thin enough @11mm, but considering it's newer brethren (210/220) didn't do too well here.
It's likely to do much poorer than even them, & hence be unsuitable should I want play with OC'ing etc.
*This design by fitseries looks almost perfect, cept it's prolly best not to have the VRM/Mem sitting under the waterways.
Otherwise it's not really a GPU-core-only block anymore, perhaps what's suggested by WL is a better compromise?
Although personally I'd prefer my universal to be truly GPU-core-only, & to use sink/s on the Mem/VRM.
Alas nothing like any of this seems to exist!!! :(

Full-cover:
*Koolance VID-NX580: it seems Koolance makes nothing for 550/560Ti, they only have this for 570/580.
I'm wondering if I could still use it on 560Ti, but it also seems too thick for true single slot anyway @16mm?
*EKWB EK-FC560 GTX: nickel plated copper base, & non-nickel plated copper base. From what I can tell from specs...
Combined thickness of acetal top + copper base for both is 13.1mm, meaning neither would be suitable as single slot.
Nickel plated one is off my list already because of widespread plating issues...
Lack of copper density for the copper only one too, but apparently that hasn't been proven yet?

Universal:
*EKWB universal VGA blocks
*Swiftech MCW82 + 560Ti mounting kit + this heatsink system?
*Maze5-GPU: user in another thread claims it's usable with 560Ti & is single slot.
I've seen no evidence that it's usable, & neither does the OEM claim that.
There's also no block dimensions on the site, so it's hard to know if it's single slot.
Update: DD support says the Maze5 is 30mm & Maze5 LP is 24mm, so both are too thick!

Looks like the priciest stuff @ most retailers, is it any good?
http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/info/p9494_Innovation-Cooling-Diamond-24-Carat---4-8g.html
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=46_58&products_id=26061
*UPDATE*
It's pretty clear after looking at this & vapor's post in the comments, that PK-1 is the 2nd best option after IX.
And as IX is tailored specifically for different CPU sockets, PK-1 becomes the obvious choice!

Last edited:

Juggalo23451

System Name Case Labs TH10 #1
Processor Intel 970
Motherboard Evga 4-way classified
Cooling heatkiller cpu,koolance gpus, ek chipset block
Memory Mushkin
Video Card(s) Gtx590 x2
Storage 129ssd/2tb hdd
Display(s) Samsung 2343 x3 (nvidia surroound)
Case Case Labs TH10
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series Sound card -
Power Supply 1000hx (temp)
Software Windowa 7 pro x64
Benchmark Scores http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3315724
I use. Koolance full cover water block.koolance is generally the best for this when using NVIDIA cards. Ek for ATI gpus

A full cover block will cool the gpu,ram, and vrms.
universal block doesn't do this only the gpu and you will have to get heatsinks for the ram,vrms etc

I use. Koolance full cover water block.koolance is generally the best for this when using NVIDIA cards. Ek for ATI gpus

A full cover block will cool the gpu,ram, and vrms.
universal block doesn't do this only the gpu and you will have to get heatsinks for the ram,vrms etc

Koolance doesn't make FC's for for 560Ti though does it?
Any fav. universal for the 560Ti you'd recommend?
After perusing my OP....
Is there a Universal or FC you'd add or remove from my finalist lists?

Juggalo23451

Processor Intel 970
Memory Mushkin
Video Card(s) Gtx590 x2
Storage 129ssd/2tb hdd
Case Case Labs TH10
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series Sound card -
Koolance doesn't make FC's for for 560Ti though does it?
Any fav. universal for the 560Ti you'd recommend?
After perusing my OP....
Is there a Universal or FC you'd add or remove from my finalist lists?

I would look and see if you can use for example a gtx560 block the only difference between the 560 and 560 ti is more cores. Unless the ram configuration is different you should be good

Just double check to be sure
Example I am personally using a gtx470 block on a 465.

Thanks,
I may check if koolance has something for the 560, that's also suitable for some 560Ti's.
Any fav. universal blocks for the 560Ti?

Juggalo23451

Processor Intel 970
Memory Mushkin
Video Card(s) Gtx590 x2
Storage 129ssd/2tb hdd
Case Case Labs TH10
Thanks,
I may check if koolance has something for the 560, that's also suitable for some 560Ti's.
Any fav. universal blocks for the 560Ti?

don't really have experience in universal block. I just use full cover blocks

I would look and see if you can use for example a gtx560 block the only difference between the 560 and 560 ti is more cores. Unless the ram configuration is different you should be good

Just double check to be sure
Example I am personally using a gtx470 block on a 465.

Nah, I looked at the koolance site & the only full-cover there, is for the 570/580.
I've added it to my OP, but I doubt it'll be suitable... :(
Plus @16mm, it's likely to be too thick, to be truly single slot!