1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI 670 Brand Question

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by cmaxvt, May 29, 2012.

1. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys, so I have a Gigabyte 670 GTX Windforce, fairly good OC'er so far, and I was wondering if I were to purchase a Asus DirectCU TOP etc, would that be a nono for SLI? I don't know a ton about SLI yet and haven't really done enough research. Also, these cards don't come with SLI bridges.. where is the most reliable place to purchase them from, or does it really matter? I noticed Newegg doesn't seem to carry any.

2. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Apart from the fact that they look odd together in the case there should be no problem. SLI bridge should come with your mobo.

cmaxvt says thanks.
  3. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it's a hand me down mobo unfortunately. and my buddy who handed it down was convinced by yours truly to SLI his 580 so he doesn't have a spare I don't think =P

4. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    If the asus is a triple slot card the only issue would be actual clearance, and making sure that the top card is getting enough air not to bake itself.

Otherwise there is no issue with SLI between different brands.

To get a bridge I would try their customer support first. there is no way they would not send you a $5 bridge for a $450 card for free. If not, then try your MOBO's customer support.

cmaxvt says thanks.
  5. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    cmaxvt says thanks.
  6. cmaxvt

cmaxvt

Thanks Received: