• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] SLI Premium

N

noah111381

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (NewCastle), Aspire X-Navigator Case /w (3) 80mm and 120mm led fans, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, Dual MSI 6800GT in SLI, PC Power and Cooling 510w SLI, 2GB Corsair XMS Pro 3200, Western Digital 10K rpm 36.7GB Raptor, Lite-On 16x DVD-ROM, Samsung Floppy, Linksys WMP54G PCI, Saitek Eclipse Keyboard, Logitech MX518 Mouse, Func F10s mouse pad, 19" Hyundai L90D+ LCD, Logitech Z680 5.1 Speakers, Bytecc External Enclosure /w 40gb Maxtor HD, Logitech Microphone, Windows XP Professional

plan to upgrade to AMD 64 X2 CPU and Dual Nvidia 7800GTXs this year, other than that runs like a champ

Last edited by a moderator:

newmodder

System Name Gamer
Processor amd phenom quad core 9950 black edition
Motherboard msi ms-7309
Cooling 120mm front,120mm rear
Memory 2gigs ddr2 800
Video Card(s) BFG gtx 260 maxcore
Storage wd 160gig sata2 hd
Display(s) LG 20in widescreen
Case USP 100
Audio Device(s) onboard Logitech x-530 5.1 spkrs
Power Supply Antec Neo 550watt
Software windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
sli all the way

thats my next big upgrade, and SLI mobo and a seconf 6600 gt pci-e...nice sytem you got there, i woudl put some coloured sleeves on the wires though, would look much better.

N

noah111381

newmodder said:
thats my next big upgrade, and SLI mobo and a seconf 6600 gt pci-e...nice sytem you got there, i woudl put some coloured sleeves on the wires though, would look much better.

thanks........I'm looking for a case window etch right now, preferably either an nvidia or amd logo. I'd also in the market for some colored wire sleeving as well. Will post updated pics soon.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
noah111381 said:
thanks........I'm looking for a case window etch right now, preferably either an nvidia or amd logo. I'd also in the market for some colored wire sleeving as well. Will post updated pics soon.

wait is that even doin sli i dont see the connector thing :?

EDIT: o geez nvm im an idiot.

I

italytut14

Probable the best on this site.

WOW and I don't mean World of War Craft. Nothing you can say bad about this one. Great mod and great specs. I gave you a 10!

T

Troublemania

Nice

Nice case and mod b, i would givt it 3 thumbs up, but the thing i hate about spending so much time fixin up cables is, when you have to take out a part or put in one, you gotta go through all the trouble again! otherwise sweet. How does the case do temp wise?

N

noah111381

Troublemania said:
Nice case and mod b, i would givt it 3 thumbs up, but the thing i hate about spending so much time fixin up cables is, when you have to take out a part or put in one, you gotta go through all the trouble again! otherwise sweet. How does the case do temp wise?

Internal temp of the case overall is between 65-70 F.

CPU Temp Idle: 34 C

MB Tem Idle: 33 C

So overall its a pretty cool system, does git slighly hotter under full load

System Name Box of Distraction
Processor Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling Custom watercooling
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3466MHz CL14 1T
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080Ti FE. WC'd & TDP limit increased to 360W.
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB & WD Black 2TB storage drive.
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG278QR 27" 1440P 165hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Phillips Fidelio X2 headphones / basic Bose speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750W G3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0 (mx red switches)
Software Win 10 & Linux Mint
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/infrared
That's awsome! And good work on those cables!

Hey, one question:

When you have both cards running in SLi, do you have the option to use 4 monitors, or does the second card just act as a drone? And what are the two cards running at? 2x 8 on the pcie slots? Sorry, i'm just very curious!

What benchmark scores can you get with that?

The next thing you need to do is get a decent cpu cooler and start overclocking! Nah, just kidding =P

B

BX30

Nice setup noah, you can do a little better with the cable management, maybe a cpu cooler. Other then that it looks great!

N

noah111381

infrared said:
That's awsome! And good work on those cables!

Hey, one question:

When you have both cards running in SLi, do you have the option to use 4 monitors, or does the second card just act as a drone? And what are the two cards running at? 2x 8 on the pcie slots? Sorry, i'm just very curious!

What benchmark scores can you get with that?

The next thing you need to do is get a decent cpu cooler and start overclocking! Nah, just kidding =P

Both cards run at 8x PCI Express, Asus did release an updated version of my board to run both cards at 16x. It's the A8N32 Premium and you can find it on newegg. To be honest I haven't really done any benchmarking, but my system is only used to play games (use my powerbook for all other work). As for 4 monitors it may be possible, but i've honestly never looked into it. I can run all current games with setting maxed out and no hiccups or problems.

Currently playing: World of Warcraft and F.E.A.R.

N

noah111381

BX30 said:
Nice setup noah, you can do a little better with the cable management, maybe a cpu cooler. Other then that it looks great!

I ordered a UV Green nvidia case window etch for the side panel today, and I plan on cleaning up the cables coming off the PSU once that comes in. Hopefully hiding them up in the bay underneath the dvd rom drive. Will post updated pics once complete.

Thanks for the feedback.

newmodder

System Name Gamer
Processor amd phenom quad core 9950 black edition
Motherboard msi ms-7309
Cooling 120mm front,120mm rear
Memory 2gigs ddr2 800
Video Card(s) BFG gtx 260 maxcore
Storage wd 160gig sata2 hd
Display(s) LG 20in widescreen
Case USP 100
Audio Device(s) onboard Logitech x-530 5.1 spkrs
Power Supply Antec Neo 550watt
Software windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
cool...cant wait to see

cool...cant wait to see

T

Troublemania

That's cool

That good you can keep the temp so low. Sad thing for me, I think i gonna have to put in AC to keep my pc cool, living in the caribbean the temp inside the case hits 34C, processor goes as high as 43C, any more fans and I gonna sound like a plane. I gonna take some pics and post soon tho.