• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
but I have learned on other forums that the more info I provide the better chance I have at finding a solution.
Should be Stickied so more people read that good Attitude :)

decay

Hello Everyone!

all settings were successful, but when i enable SLI i get bsod 0x0000007E
could you help me with this problem?

motherboard P9X79 DELUXE
videocards
PNY Quadro 4000 Mac PCI-E 2.0 2048Mb 256 bit DVI
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 280 602Mhz PCI-E 2.0 1024Mb 2214Mhz 512 bit 2xDVI TV HDCP YPrPb

System Name Dell T3500 / Be quiet
Processor Xeon X5687 3.6Hgz QC / Intel i9-9900K
Motherboard Dell T3500 MB / ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula
Cooling Dell T3500 cooling / CORSAIR HYDRO Series H150i PRO RGB
Memory 15gig PC3-10700 / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 Go (4x8 Go) 3600 MHz
Video Card(s) Sli 2x Quadro M4000 8gig / Sli 2x ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
Storage SSD SAMSUNG 500gig + Seagate 4To / M.2 NVMe Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 1 To + WD 14To
Display(s) dell U2412M 16:10 1920x1200 /
Case Dell T3500 case / Be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev. 2
Power Supply Aurum CM 750W / Cooler master V1200 80+ Platinum
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Win 10
Actually I meant that the current 1.7.1. patcher will not patch any driver newer than 388.71
But yes, the original creator has left the building and the project is at the mercy of other volunteers, like JamesZzzz

Do we have the code source if we want to try to modify the patcher ?

Storage SSD SAMSUNG 500gig + Seagate 4To / M.2 NVMe Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 1 To + WD 14To
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Win 10

Testifier

Today I found out something really interesting. This method enables the SLI option in Nvidia Control Panel by patching the check in the driver, specifically the nvlddmkm.sys file, and the driver itself doesn't enforce the SLI status. So what does this mean? It means that after you are done with SLI patch/setup and everything, you can copy the original nvlddmkm.sys back and your SLI enabled status remains untouched. This means there is no need for test mode anymore (i'm looking at you, PUBG/Battleye). The caveat is that Nvidia Control Panel cannot be opened anymore unless the patched .sys file is copied, which I think most of us do not touch after the setup is complete.

Edit: If this is already known, please forgive my ignorance

Last edited:

sahilah123

Hello, I seriously need help please, Ive been learning and trying to figure out this process all night.
I am trying to sli a gtx 560 and a gtx 560ti. same GPU code and same first 3 letters of hardware ID.

I am in test mode
UAC is off
I have 1.71 patcher
installed driver version 384.94- no errors- both gpus show in device manager & gpu-z
windows 7 pro 64 bit fresh install (asrock z77 extreme 4- sli capable-using supplied bridge)
I edited the installer.cmd to lead to the proper location of nvlddmkm.sys and followed other steps according to https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/page-65#post-3323103 AND removed timestamp server connection
no errors in patcher
installed.cmd -no signtool error - I delete certs everytime
Successfully processed 1 files- I confirm that patched nvlddmkm.sys is in system32's proper driver subfolder
I reboot and get no sli option in nvidia control panel. only physx

I also made sure I have full permissions given and ownership to administrators group on all relevant files and folders but still run everything as admin. also tried not touching privelidges and disabling drivers but I needed to add administrator group and ownership to interact with the stock nvlddmkm.sys and it's immediate folder.

The first time I tried this at all it was on a non fresh windows 7 install and It screwed up my registry so bad I couldnt use any programs or explorer without not enough memory error and installed another windows on top.

I feel as I have done many of these steps properly, what am I doing wrong here?

I tried driver versions 387.92 and 388.71 no difference

EDIT

I did it!!!
I used driver version 382.33
all other software came from this link (patcher says 1.6 but I PROMISE ITS 1.7). the steps in this link seem to be working the most out of all other methods in this thread for windows 7 and 10. i tried like 6 years worth of methods and this worked on the first try.
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/page-89#post-3673305

an extra step I did was install windows freshly and changed ownership of c drive to my username and selected replace owner on subcontainers and objects (only needed if you cant modify nvlddmkm.sys in file repository)

also in that link, he forgets to add that you need to do a restart to get in and out of test mode in windows 7 at least. even though i figured it out before being helped, thank you all so much for continuing the support of this over the years.

Today I found out something really interesting. This method enables the SLI option in Nvidia Control Panel by patching the check in the driver, specifically the nvlddmkm.sys file, and the driver itself doesn't enforce the SLI status. So what does this mean? It means that after you are done with SLI patch/setup and everything, you can copy the original nvlddmkm.sys back and your SLI enabled status remains untouched. This means there is no need for test mode anymore (i'm looking at you, PUBG/Battleye). The caveat is that Nvidia Control Panel cannot be opened anymore unless the patched .sys file is copied, which I think most of us do not touch after the setup is complete.

I tried this , replaces the nvlddmkm.sys in repository and drivers folder to original, turned off test mode and restarted.
It then locked resolution at 1280x1024 and turned aero off. GPU z then showed unknown sli in these pictures. I reverted nvlddmkm.sys to patched version with test mode off and same result. only once i turned test mode back on did i get full resolution and sli back and sli enabled(2 GPUs) in GPU-Z.
IMG_4329.JPG
IMG_4328.JPG

Last edited:

Denizeri24

Hi, i take this error why? (Windows Test mode enabled) sorry for my english (Driver : 388.71)

Ekran Görüntüsü (11).png

sahilah123

Use driver 382.33 and use the patcher and install.cmd from the link in my post above. Only 2 combinations of the softwares that have worked for me so far. 388.71 does not work on multiple versions of the patcher I tried.

Then I guess it's not universal, probably requires specific software setup

My digital signature stayed unknown after turning test mode back on I guess its just that my cards are old. Im on a asrock z77 extreme 4

lureno

hi i have to gtx 770s but my mobo does not suport sli only crossfire... i have downloaded the program but i cant find the "nvlddmkm.sys" in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\" ? what to do ? pls help :)

sahilah123

hi i have to gtx 770s but my mobo does not suport sli only crossfire... i have downloaded the program but i cant find the "nvlddmkm.sys" in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\" ? what to do ? pls help :)
It is not natively in the drivers folder, it is in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and the folder should have the words "dispi" and "nv_***"

It is not natively in the drivers folder, it is in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and the folder should have the words "dispi" and "nv_***"

I made the mistake of deleting that folder trying to get rid of all nvidia files before trying again and noticed IT DOES NOT COME BACK after you reinstall nvidia drivers, I had to reinstall windows

lureno

I made the mistake of deleting that folder trying to get rid of all nvidia files before trying again and noticed IT DOES NOT COME BACK after you reinstall nvidia drivers, I had to reinstall windows
hi i found the file now and i copyied it to de patch folder now when i try to patch it says "it cant patch bicause it cant find all the patch locations ?

lureno

hi could you please tell me how that is done more spesific ? i dont understand where i can find the orginal file ? and where to paste it..?

Christyle

Hi Testifier.. Could you please explain or link this method? Would like to try it. Thanks!

System Name https://valid.x86.fr/6t2pb7
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-Gaming 3
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LED DDR4-3000 16GB
Video Card(s) https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b4362/msi-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-x
Storage Western Digital - Black PCIe 256GB SSD + 3x HDD
Display(s) 42" TV @1080p (main) + 32" TV (side)
Case Cooler Master HAF X NV-942
Audio Device(s) Line 6 KB37
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W
Mouse Roccat Kova / Logitech G27 Steering Wheel
Keyboard Roccat Ryos TKL Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803

pullablank

I registered here just to post a HUGE thank you -- to all of you that have contributed here. The software, the unofficial updates to it, the long post by Pink Panther. If it weren't for all of this there's no way I would've gotten my SLI up and working. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!!!

tempor

Registered to say a huge thank you too (random order):
P!nkpanther - for golden/detailed post and support of this thread
Anatolymik - creator, hat off
Ember - for continious development https://github.com/EmberVulpix/DifferentSLIAuto
JamesZzzz - for code/continious support - DUDE, I WROTE A SHITTY CODE TOO, PLEASE FORK THE REPO ON GITHUB AND PUSH YOUR CODE, WE WILL JOIN YOU

My latest status:

DRIVERS: v388.71 ! don't try newer versions
MOBO: Asus Z97 MXMS HeroVII
VCs: Asus 970 another EVGA 970
Win10: 10.0.16299.371 with all updates up to April 13, 2018

Who still struggle: you MUST (MUST!) follow the Panther: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/page-88#post-3644795

!!! DONT JUMP ABOVE DRIVERS : 388.71 !!!

Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Win 10
Thanks again JamesZzzz

Testifier

Hi Testifier.. Could you please explain or link this method? Would like to try it. Thanks!

Hi, sorry for the late reply. The system I used for SLI need RMA, and I wasn't sure of the process either.

Now I have a fully working system, here's the step that I have done that you can try

Assuming you have a working DifferentSLIAuto 1.7.1 setup on Windows 10 64-bit with Nvidia Driver 388.71

- Download this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K-2Il57r1SsXGhUeS-vSoCAqcEoz_LBi <- Basically the DSLIA1.7.1 with modified .bat file and original .sys file
- Go to Device Manager and disable all of your display adapters
- Run the original.cmd as Admin
- Re-enable the GPU in Device Manager <- Your SLI setup still work here in test mode
- Reboot the computer <- Now SLI setup will STOP working
- Now reboot the computer again with advance startup mode using the Shift + Restart method
- Choose the option 7 from the startup mode selection, which is the Disable Driver Signature
- Now the SLI will WORK again, but you still cannot run the BattlEye stuff
- Reboot normally one last time and the system will be SLI activated for BattlEye

System Name https://valid.x86.fr/6t2pb7
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-Gaming 3
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LED DDR4-3000 16GB
Video Card(s) https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b4362/msi-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-x
Storage Western Digital - Black PCIe 256GB SSD + 3x HDD
Display(s) 42" TV @1080p (main) + 32" TV (side)
Case Cooler Master HAF X NV-942
Audio Device(s) Line 6 KB37
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W
Mouse Roccat Kova / Logitech G27 Steering Wheel
Keyboard Roccat Ryos TKL Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803