• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

inoeps

System Name Nueno
Processor AMD FX 8370
Motherboard Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 770 Lightning
Storage 1 x Samsung SSD 256 GB, 4 TB 7200 rpm HDD
Display(s) Asus MS226H
Case Cooler master HAF 922
Power Supply Corsair HX 850
Mouse Aula
Keyboard Logitech
Software Windows 7 X64 Ultimate
Hi guys, anyone using diff SLI Auto on windows 7?
After I read from previous thread, I only success with Nvidia driver 381.89 with diffSLIAuto 1.7.
Anyone could share the step process to using it on windows 7 for the Nvidia latest driveer (or nvidia driver possible to use)?

My system: GTX 770 x2 and Crosshair IV Formula on windows 7 x64.
resolution 1080p, sli bridge enable.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

Appii

it's possible gtx 1060 6gb - gtx titan kepler ? i got everyting right (i guess) but when i hit maximize 3d performance and apply i end up with a blue screen and nvlddmkm.sys error
@P!nkpanther looks like you might know why or what i did wrong

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,034
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,169
System Name https://valid.x86.fr/6t2pb7
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-Gaming 3
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LED DDR4-3000 16GB
Video Card(s) https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b4362/msi-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-x
Storage Western Digital - Black PCIe 256GB SSD + 3x HDD
Display(s) 42" TV @1080p (main) + 32" TV (side)
Case Cooler Master HAF X NV-942
Audio Device(s) Line 6 KB37
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W
Mouse Roccat Kova / Logitech G27 Steering Wheel
Keyboard Roccat Ryos TKL Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803
Anyone could share the step process to using it on windows 7 for the Nvidia latest driveer (or nvidia driver possible to use)?
I don't have W7 anymore, so I can't give detailed instructions, but the process is the same:
  1. Find a combination of DifferentSLIAuto / nVidia driver DLL (nvlddmkm.sys) which can be patched successfully. This is easy enough to do, so I won't help you with that (and neither I can't).
  2. Once you have a patched nvlddmkm.sys, install it using the install procedure, e.g. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/page-88#post-3644795
  3. The main difference with Win 7 is the location of the nvlddmkm.sys, the rest of the procedure stays the same.
  4. To see where the active nvlddmkm.sys is located: Device Manager → Double click your main display adapter → Tab: Driver → Driver Details
it's possible gtx 1060 6gb - gtx titan kepler ? i got everyting right (i guess) but when i hit maximize 3d performance and apply i end up with a blue screen and nvlddmkm.sys error
@P!nkpanther looks like you might know why or what i did wrong
These two cards don't share the same architecture, which is a requirement for SLI. The blue screen confirmes this.
It's a pity since you got everything on the software side set up correctly.

Last edited:
I have prepared a video that will prevent you from guiding or making mistakes ..
Operating system: Win7 64BIT
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3
Video cards: PALIT NVIDIA GTX460 256BIT 2GB + PALIT NVIDIA GTX460 256BIT 2GB
I think it would be a very good guide for those who have failed the "SLI" Application for Intel Based Motherboards.
All the details are contained in the video.

Last edited:

inoeps

System Name Nueno
Processor AMD FX 8370
Cooling Corsair H60
Display(s) Asus MS226H
Mouse Aula
Keyboard Logitech
I don't have W7 anymore, so I can't give detailed instructions, but the process is the same:
  1. Find a combination of DifferentSLIAuto / nVidia driver DLL (nvlddmkm.sys) which can be patched successfully. This is easy enough to do, so I won't help you with that (and neither I can't).
  2. Once you have a patched nvlddmkm.sys, install it using the install procedure, e.g. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/page-88#post-3644795
  3. The main difference with Win 7 is the location of the nvlddmkm.sys, the rest of the procedure stays the same.
  4. To see where the active nvlddmkm.sys is located: Device Manager → Double click your main display adapter → Tab: Driver → Driver Details

These two cards don't share the same architecture, which is a requirement for SLI. The blue screen confirmes this.

Thank You for the feedback I am still trying to configure using the step.

I have prepared a video that will prevent you from guiding or making mistakes ..
Operating system: Win7 64BIT
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3
Video cards: PALIT NVIDIA GTX460 256BIT 2GB + PALIT NVIDIA GTX460 256BIT 2GB
I think it would be a very good guide for those who have failed the "SLI" Application for Intel Based Motherboards.
All the details are contained in the video.
Thanks a lot. I really apreciated the video guides. It help me a lot.

inoeps

System Name Nueno
Processor AMD FX 8370
Cooling Corsair H60
Display(s) Asus MS226H
Mouse Aula
Keyboard Logitech
Nice, did you use Diff SLI Auto 1.7? that's strange I tried to replicate your step with diff SLi 1.7 and driver 388.71 and had no success at all.
Could you upload your Diferent SLI auto 1.7? Thx
You probably tried to patch the wrong nvlddmkm.sys
Make sure you patch a copy of that nvlddmkm.sys from the location indicated by: Device Manager → Double click your main display adapter → Tab: Driver → Driver Details

Sorry to ask but right now, I have 2 GT 1030 and I really like to setup SLI for these two. Is there a full instruction how to do this with Diff SLI Auto 1.7.1 I downloaded from this post? Here is my system:

- CPU: i5-3570K@4.5GHz
- Mobo: ASUS Maximus V Gene
- RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
- VGA: 2 x GT 1030
- NVIDIA Driver 397.31

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to ask but right now, I have 2 GT 1030 and I really like to setup SLI for these two. Is there a full instruction how to do this with Diff SLI Auto 1.7.1 I downloaded from this post? Here is my system:

- CPU: i5-3570K@4.5GHz
- RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
- VGA: 2 x GT 1030
- NVIDIA Driver 397.31

Thanks in advance.
For the first time,
control panel - add-remove program
you should start by uninstalling all the NVIDIA drivers and software on it.
Later;
C: \ ProgramData
C: \ Program Files
C: \ Program Files (x86)
C: \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Local
C: \ Users \ User \ AppData \ Roaming
You will need to delete all folders and files with all the "NVIDIA" names in this directory.
If the folder that is not deleted is a file, you need to start the task manager with Ctrl + Alt + Del.
In the task manager,
you need to terminate applications running in the background named "nvidia" in the "processes" section.
now you can delete it.
Restart the computer.
Allow automatic driver installation on first boot and wait for it to finish.
When the automatic driver installation process is finished, you can start installing the NVIDIA 388.71 Driver.
When the installation is complete, wait.
Now,
C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers
Locate the file "nvlddmkm.sys" and copy it,
C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ drivers
Paste in the index in this Location.
Also,
again this directory "C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ drivers"
From here you can download the patch
"DifferentSLIAuto" application
"tools" Folder
"Install" command request application
add these 3 tracks.
Firstly,
Run "DifferentSLIAuto" as administrator.
When you get the message of "successful" in the green color, it means everything is okay.
We continue,
Run the "Install" command prompt as an administrator.
When you see lines of green letters and you get the message of "successful" among them
All transactions are completed.
Now you can restart the computer, you can see that SLI is active at boot.
That is all..
You can see this narration, live in the video.
I hope that will be useful..
Good luck..
Good luck with.

keba

Hi, sorry for the late reply. The system I used for SLI need RMA, and I wasn't sure of the process either.

Now I have a fully working system, here's the step that I have done that you can try

Assuming you have a working DifferentSLIAuto 1.7.1 setup on Windows 10 64-bit with Nvidia Driver 388.71

- Download this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K-2Il57r1SsXGhUeS-vSoCAqcEoz_LBi <- Basically the DSLIA1.7.1 with modified .bat file and original .sys file
- Go to Device Manager and disable all of your display adapters
- Run the original.cmd as Admin
- Re-enable the GPU in Device Manager <- Your SLI setup still work here in test mode
- Reboot the computer <- Now SLI setup will STOP working
- Now reboot the computer again with advance startup mode using the Shift + Restart method
- Choose the option 7 from the startup mode selection, which is the Disable Driver Signature
- Now the SLI will WORK again, but you still cannot run the BattlEye stuff
- Reboot normally one last time and the system will be SLI activated for BattlEye
Dear Testifier,

Can you kindly help update more detail information regarding your system? Windows 10 build? GPU model? (maybe different series (7, 8, 9 or 10 GTX series) behavior might be differ?)

Our system status: DSA 1.7.1 working @ Windows 10 latest version 1803 Build 17134.1. My VGAs are 02 ASUS GT 1030. Those are SLI enable under Testmode

Follow on your guide step-by-step as below:
- Download this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K-2Il57r1SsXGhUeS-vSoCAqcEoz_LBi <- Basically the DSLIA1.7.1 with modified .bat file and original .sys file
OK! Already edited the copy path inside original.cmd

- Go to Device Manager and disable all of your display adapters - OK (currently our system is under Testmode) no reboot move to next step
- Run the original.cmd as Admin - OK, 01 file is successfully copy. (our system is still under Testmode), no reboot move to next step
- Re-enable the GPU in Device Manager <- Your SLI setup still work here in test mode - after re-enable 02 GPUs, the first GPU is showing yellow exclamation mark, no more SLI. FAILED! so we can't move on the next step (also tried doing below step but no result, SLI no more)
- Reboot the computer <- Now SLI setup will STOP working
- Now reboot the computer again with advance startup mode using the Shift + Restart method
- Choose the option 7 from the startup mode selection, which is the Disable Driver Signature
- Now the SLI will WORK again, but you still cannot run the BattlEye stuff
- Reboot normally one last time and the system will be SLI activated for BattlEye

Many Thanks. If your method is WORKING, this might be HUGE contribution and encourage greatly to Community!

Testifier

About my system, I'm using two 1080 ti on Windows 10 x64 latest build

Have you completed all the steps, with the exception of the re-enabling not enable SLI?
Also, what is your driver version?

keba

About my system, I'm using two 1080 ti on Windows 10 x64 latest build

Have you completed all the steps, with the exception of the re-enabling not enable SLI?
Also, what is your driver version?
Dear sir,

WOW 1080Ti :))))), so you are running version 1803 lastest build?

Yes, after failed while re-enabled GPUs, also tried to follow the later steps but no SLI ever after.

I guess, the different is your 1080Ti officially supported SLI by original .sys file, that's why your system is still SLI capable, while my system cannot. Hope that someone might successfully SLI enable for non-SLI GPUs as Mr. Testifier.

P/S: Also tried using the older Windows version (1703) failed to re-enable GPUs, same as my 1803 windows version.

Thanks anyway, keep in touch for further update.

I just want to mention that the method published by İsmailTPC_Hastanesi only works for Win 7. Also it seems incomplete and lacking some important steps, like setting UAC to low.
For Win 10 stick to the other recent install instructions in this forum, like this one:
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/page-88#post-3644795
The steps mentioned in my addendum can be skipped if you check for the correct driver location to use in modifying the install.cmd by:
Device Manager → Double click your main display adapter → Tab: Driver → Driver Details
Your mobo already supports SLI, so does nVidia not offer the SLI option, because your cards don't feature bridge connectors?
If not, you can use the instructions I linked before in this post.

Last edited:
I just want to mention that the method published by İsmailTPC_Hastanesi only works for Win 7. Also it seems incomplete and lacking some important steps, like setting UAC to low.
For Win 10 stick to the other recent install instructions in this forum, like this one:
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/page-88#post-3644795
The steps mentioned in my addendum can be skipped if you check for the correct driver location to use in modifying the install.cmd by:
Device Manager → Double click your main display adapter → Tab: Driver → Driver Details

Your mobo already supports SLI, so does nVidia not offer the SLI option, because your cards don't feature bridge connectors?
If not, you can use the instructions I linked before in this post.
I have followed your instruction and it works like a charm :)

1.JPG

but then comes with another case, how can I uninstall this mod completely? I mean reverting my system back to original state before installing this mod.

Fredy19

Bonjours je suis nouveau membre

jai Windows 10 version 1803 système 64bit.
NVIDIA 388.71.
sli auto différent 1.7.1

jai suivi tous les exemples impossibles d'être activé le sli

jai installer Windows 10 1709 différent sli ne fonctionne pas négatif.
jai recommencer installateur Windows 10 1803 sli ne fonctionne pas négatif
jai réinstaller le Windows 10 1607 d'origine différents auto sli fonctionne parfaitement positifs.
Je comprends pas comment les gens arrive installer sli 1.7.1 avec Windows 10 1803 car il a des commentaires que des personnes arrive installer sli mais par conte c'est sur Windows 7 et non Windows 10 1803.

aider moi SVP
Les

...but then comes with another case, how can I uninstall this mod completely? I mean reverting my system back to original state before installing this mod.
The dirty way is to simply install the next version of the nVidia driver. Works well enough as long as you won't reinstall DifferentSLIauto.
The clean way is to DDU the old driver and to remove all DifferentSLIauto certificates (using certmgr.msc) as well as its registry keys (using Regedit: searching for keys containing 'differentsliauto' and deleting them)
Both procedures are to be followed by setting Test Signing Mode to Off & UAC back to normal.
jai réinstaller le Windows 10 1607 d'origine différents auto sli fonctionne parfaitement positifs.
Je comprends pas comment les gens arrive installer sli 1.7.1 avec Windows 10 1803 car il a des commentaires que des personnes arrive installer sli mais par conte c'est sur Windows 7 et non Windows 10 1803.
DifferentSLIauto 1.7.1 working on Win 10 1607 but not on 1709/1803?
Your case seems strange to me. There are people who report successful installations of it on Win 10 1803, so I guess you must be doing something wrong.
All I can say is to follow the instructions closely.

The dirty way is to simply install the next version of the nVidia driver. Works well enough as long as you won't reinstall DifferentSLIauto.
The clean way is to DDU the old driver and to remove all DifferentSLIauto certificates (using certmgr.msc) as well as its registry keys (using Regedit: searching for keys containing 'differentsliauto' and deleting them)
Both procedures are to be followed by setting Test Signing Mode to Off & UAC back to normal.

DifferentSLIauto 1.7.1 working on Win 10 1607 but not on 1709/1803?
Your case seems strange to me. There are people who report successful installations of it on Win 10 1803, so I guess you must be doing something wrong.
All I can say is to follow the instructions closely.
Thanks panther! And I can confirm Windows 10 build 1803 is compatible with this mod, here is the proof:

123.png

After some testing, I will uninstall this mod, and I let you know if I have some problems happen after I follow your instruction about uninstalling the mod.

Rupert

Is there way to bypass test signing mode and still being able to SLI using different SLIauto with 2 1060's installed?
Just curious because of not being able to play battleye supported games .
Thanks

@P!nkpanther I have successfully uninstall this mod completely without any problems occur, thanks to you :clap: next time I will try with dual GTX 1060 6GB+3GB to find out if this mod working or not :rockout:

Is there way to bypass test signing mode and still being able to SLI using different SLIauto with 2 1060's installed?
Just curious because of not being able to play battleye supported games .
Thanks
Backread this thread and you will find zillions of posts on this topic.
In short: No, except if you're willing to do only advanced (re)boots and select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' every time.

But, there's an interesting method described by Testifier in this thread, but AFAIK nobody else so far has reported being able to reproduce it:
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/post-3815254
@P!nkpanther I have successfully uninstall this mod completely without any problems occur, thanks to you :clap: next time I will try with dual GTX 1060 6GB+3GB to find out if this mod working or not :rockout:
:peace:

Last edited:
System Name ROG 7900X3d By purecain
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7900X3D
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling Noctua NH U12A
Memory 64Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 neo RGB 6400@6000mhz@1.41v
Video Card(s) Aorus RTX4090 Extreme Waterforce
Storage 990Pro2Tb-1TbSamsung Evo M.2/ 2TbSamsung QVO/ 1TbSamsung Evo780/ 120gbKingston Now
Display(s) LG 65UN85006LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
Case Thermaltake CoreX71 Limited Edition Etched Tempered Glass Door
Audio Device(s) On board/NIcomplete audio 6
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS 1000w 80+
Mouse M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard K95 RGB Platinum
Software Windows11pro
Benchmark Scores [url=https://valid.x86.fr/gtle1y][img]https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/gtle1y-6.png[/img][/url]

i noticed the second card was at pcie2 x4... whilst the main card sat at pcie3 x16... do you not think that would of caused a problem??? for me this adds a little mystery unless you've had sli enabled on that board using other gpus...
just a thought.. :toast:

i noticed the second card was at pcie2 x4... whilst the main card sat at pcie3 x16... do you not think that would of caused a problem??? for me this adds a little mystery unless you've had sli enabled on that board using other gpus...
No, SLI works across different PCIe bus levels/widths/speeds, usually without major problems, but not across different architectures, like in that example Pascal and Kepler.

"Intel Skyburg DP45SG" Motherboard, and the same GPU X2 PALIT NVIDIA GTX460 256 BIT 2GB Graphics Card You can see the SLI Work on this video.
System Hardware Components Used:
Intel Skyburg DP45SG Extreme
PALIT NVIDIA GTX460 256 BIT 2GB + PALIT NVIDIA GTX460 256 BIT 2GB
XEON X5460 3.16GHz. 12MB QUAD CORE
1066MHz. DDR3 2GB RAM + 1066Mhz. DDR3 2GB RAM
SLI Bridge
Intel Motherboards do not support SLI Actually.
Intel 775 Socket Motherboards give CrossFire Support as Production.
On this video you will see the Intel Motherboard and the SLI Application as one by one.
Operating system: Windows 7 64BIT
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details/86kpb

2018-05-10_204015.png

2018-05-10_203207.png

Last edited:

mattjdio

I have just been able to get the patch to work on windows 10 with the 388.71 drivers but when I go to Nvidia control panel and activate sli my performance in games drops significantly. Is there something I did wrong that I can fix?