• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

System Name Bruh
Processor 10700K 5.3Ghz 1.35v| i7 7920HQ 3.6Ghz -180Mv |
Motherboard Z490 TUF Wifi | Apple QMS180 |
Cooling EVGA 360MM | Laptop HS |
Memory DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | LPDDR3 16GB 2133Mhz CL20 |
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix 3080 (2100Mhz/18Ghz)|Radeon Pro 560 (1150Mhz/1655Mhz)|
Storage Many SSDs, ~24TB HDD/8TB SSD
Display(s) S2719DGF, HP Z27i, Z24n| 1800P 15.4" + ZR30W + iPad Pro 10.5 2017
Case NR600 | MBP 2017 15" Silver | MSI GE62VR | Elite 120 Advanced
Audio Device(s) Lol imagine caring about audio
Power Supply 850GQ | Apple 87W USB-C |
Mouse Whatever I have on hand + trackpads (Lanchead TE)
Keyboard HyperX Origins Alloy idk
Software W10 20H2|W10 1903 LTSC/MacOS 11
Benchmark Scores No.
Why? What would be the point?

System Name https://valid.x86.fr/6t2pb7
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-Gaming 3
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LED DDR4-3000 16GB
Video Card(s) https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b4362/msi-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-x
Storage Western Digital - Black PCIe 256GB SSD + 3x HDD
Display(s) 42" TV @1080p (main) + 32" TV (side)
Case Cooler Master HAF X NV-942
Audio Device(s) Line 6 KB37
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W
Mouse Roccat Kova / Logitech G27 Steering Wheel
Keyboard Roccat Ryos TKL Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803
...any test with 2080TI SLI on non sli MB ?
With the latest supported nVidia driver being 388.71 ?
Bad idea...

ya true for the old driver compatibility ;(

''Why? What would be the point? ''
SLI on server motherboard !

motherboard vendor ID are use by NV driver to check if on the white list ? or its by an other way ?
Cause vendor ID bios can sometimes be edited ...

Last edited:

UN_TOCCABLE

There are not error codes, it just refuse to allow the driver mod at the gpus after the reboot, so the gpus can't be activate, there's another guide with someone using the newest drivers and tools possible?

Ciao, ho notato le impostazioni in Italiano :peace: sei riuscito a capire come far funzionare tutto? io ho due 1070 su una scheda madre che non supporta lo SLI, ho provato di tutto per settare different SLI auto ma non riesco a farlo funzionare in nessun modo, mi daresti una mano?
no mi dispiace, le mie 970 sono un oso duro, ho fatto tutto come nelle instruzioni che hanno fatto si che funzioni per tanta gente più volte ma niente, prova a fare quelle, comunque se non hai la scheda madre compatibile non credo andra x ke qua secondo me si tratta di schede video pero te prova.
fai esattamente come dice qua https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/post-3886651 (TRADUCCI IL TESTO CON GOOGLE TRADUTTORE SE NON CAPISCI QUALCOSA NON BALZARE NULLA CERCA SU GOOGLE COS E QUEL PASSO SE NON LO SAI E FAI TUTTO ASICURANDOTI CHE TI VIENE COME DICE NEL TESTO CHE E GIUSTO XD)

Follow these instructions closely (Win 10 only):
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/post-3886651

That's exactly what DifferentSLIauto is about: Bypassing these requirements by patching the driver accordingly.
So even non SLI certified mobos and card combinations may work in SLI if the hardware combination actually allows it technically.

970s have a reputation for not SLIing properly under normal conditions because of VRAM vendor incompatibilities, so this patch may be needed.
thanks for the suport guys XD, horever it wont work, the method in the link was the only one i use more time and all the time i loock if the result is right, and it was, i bring my pc to a center and all is compatible for the sli except the base card inno3d 970(i thinck the sli suport is broke on the card), the guy ther have use a msi card and make the other 970 in sli so i think i sell the unsliable one and buy a msi, i will keep you update about the sliwork XD.

Diagnosing DifferentSLIauto (DSLIA) actually is quite simple:
  • If the button for enabling SLI shows up in nVidia panel, the installation was successful. Whether your hardware setup will work in SLI however is another question and is up to the hardware combination. It may work or it may crash.
  • If there's no button for enabling SLI in nVidia panel or if the patched nVidia driver does not load at all (Windows falling back to its default driver), you did something wrong with the installation. It's as simple as that.
Things to watch out for during installation:
  • First, it's recommended to disable Windows from messing with drivers: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/post-3947091
  • Install nVidia driver 388.71 cleanly. If it works with your card, you may proceed with the installation according to the instructions:
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/post-3886651 (Win 10 only)
  • Is patching successful? If not, you're using the wrong combination of DSLIA and nVidia driver.
    Or maybe you copied over the wrong nvlddmkm.sys from the wrong path.
    The actual location of the active nvlddmkm.sys is in a folder of C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. The folder name can be found here:
    Device Manager → Double click your main display adapter → Tab: Driver → Driver Details
    After successful patching, you'll have a patched nvlddmkm.sys along with the backuped original nvlddmkm.sys.bak in the DSLIA folder
  • Set User Account Control to the lowest setting in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance
    Enable Test Signing Mode using cmd.exe according to the instructions
  • After modifying the install script according to the instructions it's time to <shift>-reboot into Safe Mode w/Networking and run the script as admin.
    Watch for error messages. There must be 1 file copied and 1 certificate issued. If not, your install script probably isn't modified correctly or you have leftovers of older DSLIA certificates around, needing to get removed, using certmgr.msc and its registry keys using Regedit (searching for keys containing 'differentsliauto' and deleting them) .
  • Right-click the nvlddmkm.sys at the driver location (that one you pasted into the script) and check 'Digital Signatures' for being linked to the DifferentSLIauto certificate.
  • If everything looks good, reboot

Last edited:
System Name Bruh
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix 3080 (2100Mhz/18Ghz)|Radeon Pro 560 (1150Mhz/1655Mhz)|
Benchmark Scores No.
Hi guys, as anyone tried 970 sli with a 1070?
Thanks in advance
Different architectures, even it worked Performance would be reduced.

The actual SLI functionality for different cards of the same architecture has always been already implemented in the driver.
All that DifferentSLIauto does is circumventing nVidias checks for identical cards and certified MoBos.
Friend I have a question, is there any notable difference in performance between a native sli motherboard and a motherboard that does not support it but applies this patch?

Friend I have a question, is there any notable difference in performance between a native sli motherboard and a motherboard that does not support it but applies this patch?
This can't be answered in a general sense.
If in theory the mobo in question had the same PCIe bandwith/latency as a SLI certified one (on both slots) there would be no difference. But in practice, the majority of the non-SLI mobos only carry a 4x PCIe 2.0 as a second slot. This is usually four/eight times slower than the main slot.
That may reduce performance notably, depending on the type of application. Games using large counts of non-complex objects, like for example Train Simulator or driving sims like Race Room, suffer considerably.
Most benchmark programs however don't focus on putting high load on the PCIe bus, rather they try to put heavy work on the shaders etc., so you won't see a big performance hit with these.

Last edited:
Thank you, is that I have used (sadly) offers for used equipment from friends who are emigrating from my country (critical situation) at a very affordable cost for me and I am doing an exchange (after so many years) of a formula IV by an MSI 990FXA that if it is native support, I suppose that if one could speak in theory a small difference in performance.

System Name Dell Dimension P120
Processor Intel Pentium 120 MHz 60Mhz FSB
Motherboard Dell Pentium
Memory 24 MB EDO
Video Card(s) Matrox Millennium 2MB
Storage 1 GB EIDE HDD
Display(s) Dell 15 inch crt
Case Dell Dimension
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster
Mouse Microsoft mouse, no scroll wheel
Keyboard Dell 1995
Software Windows 95 + Office 95
damn! and i still have my old gtx 970
was hoping to sli it with gtx 1080 :D

System Name Bruh
Benchmark Scores No.
Thank you, is that I have used (sadly) offers for used equipment from friends who are emigrating from my country (critical situation) at a very affordable cost for me and I am doing an exchange (after so many years) of a formula IV by an MSI 990FXA that if it is native support, I suppose that if one could speak in theory a small difference in performance.
Do not get that board. It is limited to FX processers, of which the highest end one looses to a moderately clocked i5.

Hi everybody, I recently tried to use my 2 gtx 1070 in SLI on an asrock
Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac

motherboard. The bifurcation works like a charm, i get both video cards working at x8, correctly recognized by windows, aida, etc... but I'm having this peculiar issue:
1) when the cards are not connected with a sli bridge the system asks for it: the nvidia panel shows the sli option but it's locked on "disabled" and i get the message "connect the cards with a sli bridge to enable sli", both from nvidia panel and also from windows system notifications
2) I tried at least 3 sli bridges, and everything I get is that when I connect the cards with the bridge the sli option disappears from nvidia panel (and if I remove it, back to case 1)

I tried @P!nkpanther 's guide for differentsli, followed it thoroughly, got every step right (correct version of both DSLIA and nvidia drivers, successfully patched the dll, successfully registered the certificate, windows uses the correct dll as driver) and still i can't enable sli on my mobo... any guess? anyone else who did it and can give me some hints? thanks in advance :D

UN_TOCCABLE

guys, I fell to good XD, tonight I have trying and I travel the solution,
Diagnosing DifferentSLIauto (DSLIA) actually is quite simple:
  • If the button for enabling SLI shows up in nVidia panel, the installation was successful. Whether your hardware setup will work in SLI however is another question and is up to the hardware combination. It may work or it may crash.
  • If there's no button for enabling SLI in nVidia panel or if the patched nVidia driver does not load at all (Windows falling back to its default driver), you did something wrong with the installation. It's as simple as that.
Things to watch out for during installation:
  • First, it's recommended to disable Windows from messing with drivers: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/post-3947091
  • Install nVidia driver 388.71 cleanly. If it works with your card, you may proceed with the installation according to the instructions:
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/sli-with-different-cards.158907/post-3886651 (Win 10 only)
  • Is patching successful? If not, you're using the wrong combination of DSLIA and nVidia driver.
    Or maybe you copied over the wrong nvlddmkm.sys from the wrong path.
    The actual location of the active nvlddmkm.sys is in a folder of C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. The folder name can be found here:
    Device Manager → Double click your main display adapter → Tab: Driver → Driver Details
    After successful patching, you'll have a patched nvlddmkm.sys along with the backuped original nvlddmkm.sys.bak in the DSLIA folder
  • Set User Account Control to the lowest setting in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance
    Enable Test Signing Mode using cmd.exe according to the instructions
  • After modifying the install script according to the instructions it's time to <shift>-reboot into Safe Mode w/Networking and run the script as admin.
    Watch for error messages. There must be 1 file copied and 1 certificate issued. If not, your install script probably isn't modified correctly or you have leftovers of older DSLIA certificates around, needing to get removed, using certmgr.msc and its registry keys using Regedit (searching for keys containing 'differentsliauto' and deleting them) .
  • Right-click the nvlddmkm.sys at the driver location (that one you pasted into the script) and check 'Digital Signatures' for being linked to the DifferentSLIauto certificate.
  • If everything looks good, reboot
you right i do something wrong but just cause i put the second nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\Driver it was in a other part on my computer sow i do that: in C: \ Windows \ System32 i'm search nvlddmkm.sys, they was 2, i open the folder of all 2, one was in C: \ Windows \ System32 \ DriverStore \ nv_dispi.infxxxxxx i copy nvlddmkm.sys from that folder (C: \ Windows \ System32 \ DriverStore \ nv_dispi.infxxxxxx) and put him in the other one (but i cannot, so i use the program takeownershippro to alow that operation), restart and the job is done, you are a real one man, NOW I HAVE SOME FUN IN THE WITCHER 3 SEE YA XD

Attachments

• Pannello di controllo NVIDIA 02_12_2018 01_20_20.png
    Pannello di controllo NVIDIA 02_12_2018 01_20_20.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 496
System Name gigabyte
Processor fx - 8370 @ 8 cores
Motherboard 990xa-ud3 - rev3
Cooling Cooler master Twin fan rad
Memory 20gb corsair vengence 1600 mhz
Video Card(s) Twin - Nivida geforce 560 TI
Storage ACHI segate x6 sata 500gb
Display(s) Celcus
Case Gamemax tempglass ledlights
Audio Device(s) Realteck 8.1
Power Supply kolink 80plus atx 700w
Mouse Trust cxt
Keyboard labteck multimedia
Software Windows 10 64bit
Hi and thanks for DifferentSLIAuto

DifferentSLIAuto working on 388.71. Wish I could use a newer version driver, but has patch 2 missing on 1.7 DifferentSLIAuto...

Slight Issues at first glance..
Issues with no bridge and system cashing into protection mode.

Fix.
Using x64bit Windows.
Was having only 500wats, so I updated to 700wat kolink 80plus and problems gone away.

Motherboard with only 1 x16 slot only .

Sli with x1 to x16 adapter used.
model...
pce164p no3 - ver 007s sata 15 pin
works aswell on m5a78l - m/usb3 rev 1.00

Added My bat update...
The over one cause issues with no timestaping, and also wrong paths.

Bat has...
UAC [User account control (off)
Install Right Click And Take Ownership. Takes the headache away of ownership of file.
Enforces the PKI certificate chain validation of a given executable before it is permitted to run. (off)
TESTSIGNING OFF - ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS - NOINTEGRITYCHECKS OFF
shutdown and restart.

@Echo off
>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system"
if '%errorlevel%' NEQ '0' (
echo Requesting administrative privileges...
goto UACPrompt
) else ( goto gotAdmin )
:UACPrompt
echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
echo UAC.ShellExecute "%~s0", "", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
exit /B
:gotAdmin
Title DifferentSLI Sign and Install & Color 1A
if exist "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" ( del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" )
setlocal EnableExtensions
cd /d "%~dp0"
cls&&echo.&&echo.
ver
echo ********************************************************************
echo Please add your driver code to parts below.
echo manually before running this script.
echo.
echo Change 01 line.. nv_dispi.inf_amd64_
echo Change 02 line.. nv_dispi.inf_amd64_
echo Change 03 line.. nv_dispi.inf_amd64_
echo.
echo.
Timeout /t 7 >nul&&cls
set _nvlddmkm=nvlddmkm
if exist "nvlddmkm2.sys" then set _nvlddmkm=nvlddmkm2
if not exist "tools\" goto wtfrudoin
call "%windir%\System32\certutil.exe" -store root DifferentSLIAuto
if %errorlevel% equ 0 goto certexists
call "tools\makecert.exe" -r -pe -ss "DifferentSLIAuto" -n "CN=DifferentSLIAuto" "%SystemRoot%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer"
call "tools\CertMgr.exe" /add "%SystemRoot%\DifferentSLIAuto.cer" /s /r localMachine root
:certexists
call "tools\ChecksumFix.exe" "%_nvlddmkm%.sys"
call "tools\signtool.exe" sign /v /s DifferentSLIAuto /n DifferentSLIAuto /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll "%_nvlddmkm%.sys"
echo. Change 01 line.. nv_dispi.inf_amd64_
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\takeown.exe" /f "%SystemRoot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d37ca5c2cde53609\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /a
echo. Change 02 line.. nv_dispi.inf_amd64_
call "%SystemRoot%\System32\icacls.exe" "%SystemRoot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d37ca5c2cde53609\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /grant "%USERNAME%":f
if exist "%SystemRoot%\Sysnative\" goto x32mode
echo. Change 03 line.. nv_dispi.inf_amd64_
copy "%_nvlddmkm%.sys" "%SystemRoot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d37ca5c2cde53609\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /y
pause
TIMEOUT /T 2 /NOBREAK 1>NUL&&cls
echo.
echo - Disable: Enforces the PKI certificate chain validation of a given
echo executable before it is permitted to run.
echo.
echo ## Execution started at:%time%, day:%date%
echo - Initializing . . .
Reg.exe add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "ValidateAdminCodeSignatures" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
echo - Initializing Query Log. .
Reg.exe query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "ValidateAdminCodeSignatures"
Title Disable UAC [User account control] & Color 1A
echo.
echo - Disable: UAC [User account control]
echo.
Reg.exe add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableLUA" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
echo - Initializing Query Log. .
Reg.exe query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableLUA"
Title Install Right Click And Take Ownership & Color 1A
echo.
echo - Enabled: Install Right Click And Take Ownership.
echo.
Reg.exe add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "Take Ownership" /f
Reg.exe add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas" /v "NoWorkingDirectory" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
Reg.exe add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%%1\" && icacls \"%%1\" /grant administrators:F" /f
Reg.exe add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command" /v "IsolatedCommand" /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%%1\" && icacls \"%%1\" /grant administrators:F" /f
Reg.exe add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "Take Ownership" /f
Reg.exe add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas" /v "NoWorkingDirectory" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
Reg.exe add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%%1\" /grant administrators:F /t" /f
Reg.exe add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command" /v "IsolatedCommand" /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%%1\" /grant administrators:F /t" /f
Title TESTSIGNING OFF - ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS - NOINTEGRITYCHECKS OFF & Color 1A
echo.
echo - DISABLE: bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
echo - Disable: bcdedit.exe /set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS ON
echo - Disable: bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON
echo.
bcdedit.exe /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe /set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS ON
bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON
goto filecopied
:x32mode
copy "%_nvlddmkm%.sys" "%SystemRoot%\Sysnative\drivers\%_nvlddmkm%.sys" /y
:filecopied
color 1A
echo.
echo System will shutdown for changes to take effect.
echo HIT ENTER TO SHUTDOWN AND RESTART COMPUTER.
echo.
Pause
Title shutdown.exe /r OFF & Color 1A
echo.
echo - Enabled: - shutdown.exe /r
echo.
::--------------
shutdown.exe /r
::--------------
goto end
:wtfrudoin
color 1A
echo Please extract everything from the package including the contents of the tools folder.
goto end
:notadmin
color 1A
echo Please run this as administrator!
:end
pause >nul

ok. thanks...

Attachments

• DifferentSLIAuto1.7.1.zip
    204.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
any guess? anyone else who did it and can give me some hints? :D
This is uncharted territory to me. Just a couple of thoughts:
  1. The SLI button does show up. This means that the nVidia driver thinks that the basic requirements for SLI are fulfilled (either because it's true or because of being tricked by DifferentSLIauto). The fact that the button is grayed out however points to a problem between the driver logic and the actual hardware setup. There is still something in the way, which prevents the driver from actually enabling SLI.
  2. On the other hand, this guy seems to have made it work using PCIe bifurcation, on Z270 and on X370:
    If this is true (I have no reason to doubt it), it means that such a setup basically works and the nVidia driver is able to fully support it.
  3. That thing with the SLI bridge warnings has always been there. I had these too at some time and they struck me as being highly unreliable. They popped up even having a bridge connected and working (this can be tested by observing bus usage). Still my setup worked great.

Last edited:

PUSH_EDX

Does anyone happen to know what is the reason why no driver past 388.71 have been modified? Is due technical challenges/significant changes from NVIDIA side? (I understand that the community members have being working on this from their own free time)

I am currently trying to patch 390.77 (ultimate target would be 416.81) but I am having difficulties tracing the right function. Any tips from previous contributors?

Thanks.

System Name gigabyte
Display(s) Celcus
Mouse Trust cxt
Does anyone happen to know what is the reason why no driver past 388.71 have been modified? Is due technical challenges/significant changes from NVIDIA side? (I understand that the community members have being working on this from their own free time)

I am currently trying to patch 390.77 (ultimate target would be 416.81) but I am having difficulties tracing the right function. Any tips from previous contributors?

Thanks.
Might be that the drivers above 388.71 are updated for newer graphics cards than the older series 5,6,7 of NVidia cards that were once supported. VulkanRT also doesn't seem to be available either after 388.71 unless that VulkanRT been re-written differently in newer drivers.

I guess the newer system driver has just been re-written and updated for a more recent NVidia panel and support for newer cards. Is much point in trying to patch newer sys driver ? when in fact that your able to just apply newer driver contains to the 388.71 package from even newer NVidia packaged.

Copy from NVidia packaged latest...
Update.Core
PhysX
to older 388.71

rename patched nvlddmkm.sys and apply that
to - nvlddmkm.sy_
copy patched 388.71 sys driver into
Display.Driver folder, and reinstall 388.71 package in TEST MODE..

Could be over items to copy out from newer NVidia packaged , but might cause issues and system stability issues..

That's all I really known for now..

Last edited:
I don't think that it's because of technical issues.
The last volunteer to pick up the torch and make patches was @JamesZzzz and I guess that his motivation to keep doing that has gone away.
Probably moved away from SLI altogether (as have I, after I realized that the GPU market prices - e.g. on Ebay - are so well matched to their performance, that if you sell two cards, the money you get will practically buy you a single card with exactly the same performance of the two in SLI, e.g. sell two 1060 6GB and buy a 1070ti).
Also, since DX12, SLI support in games has been dying off quickly.

Last edited:
Processor 2x Intel Xeon E5-2680 v2
Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z9PE-D8 WS
Memory SAMSUNG DDR3-1600MHz ECC 128GB
Video Card(s) 2x ASUS GEFORCE® GTX 1080 TI 11GB TURBO
Display(s) SAMSUNG 32" UJ590 UHD 4k QLED
Case Carbide Series™ Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case
Power Supply EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular
Mouse MX MASTER 2S
Keyboard Azio Mk Mac Wired USB Backlit Mechanical Keyboard
Software Ubuntu 18.04 / [KVM - Windows 10 1809 / OSX 10.14]
I don't think that it's because of technical issues.
The last volunteer to pick up the torch and make patches was @JamesZzzz and I guess that his motivation to keep doing that has gone away.
Probably moved away from SLI altogether (as have I, after I realized that the GPU market prices - e.g. on Ebay - are so well matched to their performance, that if you sell two cards, the money you get will practically buy you a single card with exactly the same performance of the two in SLI, e.g. sell two 1060 6GB and buy a 1070ti).
Also, since DX12, SLI support in games has been dying off quickly.

Thanks for the reply! (PUSH_EDX here, random passwords always get to me).
I understand your point. I have a very specific use case (old Xeon server motherboard with 2 1080TI's), so I thought it would be an interesting exercise to get SLI to work on it. In any case I successfully patched the latest drivers and tested it with witcher 3, runs pretty smooth. I was also able to prevent test mode detection for battle eye protected games but since most of them do not support SLI natively there are no performance gains (by the contrary, games like fortnite take a significant performance hit).

System Name gigabyte
Display(s) Celcus
Mouse Trust cxt
Pretentious, I was also able to prevent test mode detection for battle eye protected games.

Do you have anyway of for me to stop EasyAntiCheat. Can not play wildlands. :( while inside Testmode.

Got tobe a way to trick the system into thinking its not in test mode. Using the registry some were must be key to turn off detection.

System Name Dell T3500 / Be quiet
Processor Xeon X5687 3.6Hgz QC / Intel i9-9900K
Motherboard Dell T3500 MB / ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula
Cooling Dell T3500 cooling / CORSAIR HYDRO Series H150i PRO RGB
Memory 15gig PC3-10700 / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 Go (4x8 Go) 3600 MHz
Video Card(s) Sli 2x Quadro M4000 8gig / Sli 2x ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
Storage SSD SAMSUNG 500gig + Seagate 4To / M.2 NVMe Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 1 To + WD 14To
Display(s) dell U2412M 16:10 1920x1200 /
Case Dell T3500 case / Be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev. 2
Power Supply Aurum CM 750W / Cooler master V1200 80+ Platinum
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Win 10
Thanks for the reply! (PUSH_EDX here, random passwords always get to me).
I understand your point. I have a very specific use case (old Xeon server motherboard with 2 1080TI's), so I thought it would be an interesting exercise to get SLI to work on it. In any case I successfully patched the latest drivers and tested it with witcher 3, runs pretty smooth. I was also able to prevent test mode detection for battle eye protected games but since most of them do not support SLI natively there are no performance gains (by the contrary, games like fortnite take a significant performance hit).

Hello Pretentious,

How do you manage to patch the latest drivers ? i believe it was not possible with current different sli or did i miss something ?