• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
No, the motherboard only support AMD Crossfire, not NVIDIA SLI.

Thanks.
So then you need a modified driver, I dunno about those but this thread has option, but at least I know that ur Titans will work in SLI when you have the drivers right. :)

JC-XOC

Hello all!!

I was having some issues with v1.4 differentSLI. I'm was trying to test two GTX 680 Lightnings in SLI on my ASRock Z590 OC Formula with 11900K. I'm using windows 7 with nvidia driver 417.71. I also enabled Windows Test Signing Mode; however, after I copied/pasted the "nvlddmkm.sys" file in the differentSLI folder. I gave me 3 errors (in screen shot). I am completely lost at this point. Any would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• snaphsot0012.png
    snaphsot0012.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
System Name Big Red
Processor i5 9600KF
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) 2x EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0
Storage Enough?
Display(s) Asus VG245H 24"
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar
Power Supply Corsair 850x
Keyboard Royal Kludge typewriter style mechanical
Software Windows 10 Pro 64
Hello, I'm just at the start of this, have a lot of groundwork to do before I can follow the directions Pink Panther laid out so generously for W10.
Still in the process of updating BIOS properly, figuring out how to format a drive to FAT32 to do so.

My question is this: while following the directions the first time through, I got a couple of errors in cmd, saying that I was unable to do the
Bcedit.exe /set NOINTEGRITYCHECKS
Bcedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON
Steps because of Secure Boot.

Is it necessary/advisable then to disable secure boot by deleting the platform key in Asus bios?

System:
i5-6600k, soon to have i5-9600KF
32GB RAM
Asus Z170-A motherboard
Asus strix GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0
Evga gtx 970 (blower style)
(I know Evga says these two different types won't SLI, but nvidia says a lot of things...)
Windows 10 Pro

I know luck with 970s is limited anyway, but this forum has been so brilliant, I figured I had a chance, anyway. As I understood it, the main problem with the early evga SLI cards had the power portion of the connector wired differently, which made them incompatible with other cards. Is it right, though, that this mechanism uses the bus instead, bypassing the SLI bridge incompatibility?

Last edited:
System Name Gamer
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite WIFI
Cooling Apogee XL, MCR360, MCP655, Micro-rez
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Red Dragon RX 6800 XT
Storage WD SN850 1TB & SN750 1TB
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" 1440p 144Hz
Case Rocketfish (Lian Li) e-ATX
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon HK695 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GM-750
Mouse HP Gaming wired
Keyboard Logitech G110 wired
VR HMD HP WMR 1440^2
Software Win10 Pro 64bit
System Name Big Red
Processor i5 9600KF
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390
Storage Enough?
Man, that's super disappointing.

System Name Big Red
Processor i5 9600KF
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390
Storage Enough?
I'm in the same boat now, a z390 with crossfire support and 2 of the same model of evga gtx 970s, but haven't gotten to patching yet. Let me know how it goes, I'll be playing with it tonight/this weekend.:) (My full current system specs could be up now in my bio)

I do have a question for the good and knowledgeable folks here. I'm a novice at this stuff, and new to using a CPU without onboard gpu. I apologize if this is a stupid question, but can I run DDU safely as my i5-9600kf requires discrete graphics? I'm not going to be left without video output, will I? Thanks!

Last edited:
System Name Gamer
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite WIFI
Cooling Apogee XL, MCR360, MCP655, Micro-rez
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Red Dragon RX 6800 XT
Storage WD SN850 1TB & SN750 1TB
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" 1440p 144Hz
Case Rocketfish (Lian Li) e-ATX
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon HK695 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GM-750
Mouse HP Gaming wired
Keyboard Logitech G110 wired
VR HMD HP WMR 1440^2
Software Win10 Pro 64bit
I'm pretty sure DDU let's you choose which driver(s) to remove. i.e. AMD, Nvidia, or Intel. Even if you did delete all of the video driver's Windows will load a generic VGA driver to let the iGPU work. It may be a goofy resolution, but it will work. ;)

System Name Big Red
Processor i5 9600KF
Motherboard MSI MPG Z390
Storage Enough?
I'm pretty sure DDU let's you choose which driver(s) to remove. i.e. AMD, Nvidia, or Intel. Even if you did delete all of the video driver's Windows will load a generic VGA driver to let the iGPU work. It may be a goofy resolution, but it will work. ;)
Thanks! I got it working last night, but having a very hard time getting it to function correctly while gaming. Not sure if it could be called "microstutter", it plays like a strobe light. :/ Game is Fallout 4 and I'm working through nvidia inspector to try to iron out problems. If all else fails, there any great benefit to be had to resigning one GPU to handle physX and the other the brunt of the heavy lifting, if running a cpu that requires discrete graphics?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Thanks! I got it working last night, but having a very hard time getting it to function correctly while gaming. Not sure if it could be called "microstutter", it plays like a strobe light. :/ Game is Fallout 4 and I'm working through nvidia inspector to try to iron out problems. If all else fails, there any great benefit to be had to resigning one GPU to handle physX and the other the brunt of the heavy lifting, if running a cpu that requires discrete graphics?
PhysX is quite dead as far as GPU acceleration goes, it's very much all or nothing - SLI, or single GPU.

is there any chance of getting sli working on the latest drivers after 446.14?

halo infinite crashes on the initial loading screen so couldn't even see if sli worked on that...:(

went back to latest driver.

thought game might support the dx12 multi gpu thing but nope, only one gpu is used.

getting sh*t fps on gtx 1060 6gb, have spare card but is useless. f'ing gpu prices can't afford a new single gpu like everyone else.

had a go hex editing 497.09, found same string as 446.14 but on changing it, no sli in nvcpl...

how do users even find the stuff to change in the hex editor in the first place anyway?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
is there any chance of getting sli working on the latest drivers after 446.14?

halo infinite crashes on the initial loading screen so couldn't even see if sli worked on that...:(

went back to latest driver.

thought game might support the dx12 multi gpu thing but nope, only one gpu is used.

getting sh*t fps on gtx 1060 6gb, have spare card but is useless. f'ing gpu prices can't afford a new single gpu like everyone else.

had a go hex editing 497.09, found same string as 446.14 but on changing it, no sli in nvcpl...

how do users even find the stuff to change in the hex editor in the first place anyway?
Then run debugging programs on systems like a VM where they can real time monitor every single change that happens, such as what gets altered when enabling and disabling SLI - and then compare to what happens when it fails to enable

Then, research away to find methods within that gathered information to force SLI, or disable specific checks

Halo infinite is a performance hog right now, in the TPU review even a 3090 cant get 60FPS at 4k

Lord_Hades

During my testing some boards specifically these new chinese manufacture boards showing up on the market will not do any SLI no matter what version of differentautosli you try to use or even editing hex as per the instructions in this forum. It just won't work. Even these so called amd crossfire Chinese board are very poor performers in crossfire when tested.They just don't seem to have have what it takes to get it done. nvme drives are useless perfomers on these boards as well.. waste of money. It would be impossible to say this for every chinese motherboard out there but in my testing they are terrible. I tested ever single amd driver all the way back to 13.1 I think it was. 17.10.1 is the last driver they have to support 4 way cross fire after that it's limited to 3way. As far as I know nvidia no longer supports SLI.

My instruction for enabling SLI on a non SLI board in Windows 10 with differentsliauto1.4 works every single time for me, everytime, just the way I wrote it step by step. Just not on the new Chinese boards that I tested. I currently have two different dual cpu e5-2697-v2 pc with Quad SLI GTX690 running flawlessly on both. I can play games, perform benchmarks....etc. no crashes, no bsod, no problems. I don't wish to pay the high prices or fight for newer cards on the market. Crossfire and SLI's whole sales pitch was to add more cards to get more perfomance. It makes no difference to me using an old driver as the new drivers are not best suited to older cards anyway not to mention I think they don't support SLI anyway.

Last edited:
I have a sli board as i always go for a sli board when i upgrade, used though, not brand new, to save money and the last sli board i had was a 3rd gen. i only upgrade when needed, started to think it was time to switch from quad 4/8t to 6/12t. and found a nice board a while back, so now have a 6th gen msi mobo with sli. but only have my trusty gtx 1060 6gb. but i have another pc with a gtx 1060 6gb and a sli board, forth gen but also 6/12t. went for some used boards that supported more cpus than my last. so will do me for sever more years...the only thing holding me back will be the gpu. (well on halo infinite anyway) all my other games play smoothly.

i keep hoping 343 just ported it badly and will fix the performance but so far they haven't mentioned nothing about more optimization...they haven't even said anything about all the performance complaints yet. maybe they are still gathering the data? wtfks...

i have some of those cHiNa boards but as you pointed out they are pretty sh*t for sli/cf so i didn't opt to put them in my rebuilds..not worth my time.

as Mussels said, i will have a go at that. i have plenty of drivers to fiddle with, i keep them all that i download as a backup....jic.

also i'd use one of the older drivers but i've tested two older drivers on halo infinite *unaltered* and they crash on the intro loading screen video with the white bar which makes me wonder if infinite only supports new drivers? mcc works as does r6 siege which i also have installed.

drivers in question 446.14 & 430.64.

Last edited:

Lord_Hades

A few more things to consider:
1. Stability is everything and can be the root of many problems in any computer. Overclocking can cause many problems and reap havoc on an unstable system if not done properly. It is free speed so I can understand the enthusiasm but it must be done right and tested for data accuracy and stability.
2. The driver you are going to use must be compatible with differentsliauto version you pick. The creator of differentsliauto always told us what driver version to use with each release. I took that information literally. If you do not wish to use the version of driver he pointed out then you will probably have to take a stab at hex editing as pointed out by other members here. I can confirm that hex editing as instructed by other members here will work with some drivers but perhaps may not work with every driver. Some drivers are just more stable than others right off the top.
3. The minimum requirements nvidia states for enabling SLI should be observed. Some of these rules can be bent or possibly broken. I cannot confirm that using two completely different cards will ever work as I would never attempt this anyway. I can confirm that using matching cards on a non SLI mainboard can work an has worked for me in most cases except on Chinese boards.

As I pointed out in my instruction....you can use Macrium Reflect at every step of this to backup and be back where you were before changing anything if something goes wrong in about 5-20mins depending on the speed of your pc. It takes 4min 6 seconds for me to write an image and be back where I was using this progam. Reloading windows from scratch or having to mess with a driver glitch or anything else is a thing of the past for me. I like to start with a virgin image of my pc that I have as a back up and then load the nvidia or amd driver, make a back up and then install differentsliauto or hex edit. When I get everything just right I make a backup and that's it. I can do anything I want, go where I want, install what I want without fear of a virus or glitch. If that does happen I can be right back where I was in 5mins like it never happened. This information alone should give you infinite testing ability with drivers, programs, games....etc.

Last edited:
i've been using the restart video driver tool that comes with cru so i can hex edit, rename original and place in the driver folder and hit restart driver, saves time restarting pc.

had a few bsods and black screens but no luck so far.

tried a few drivers after 446.14 which had the same hex string but upon changing it no dice. so it's obviously not that anymore or there's something extra now..

might give up on this and just cry in the corner for the sodding gpu prices to return to norrmal...

damn you bitcoin and miners! wish that crap was never invented.

i think i can sell 3 gpu's a maybe buy one new one...

kaminki

Hi guys,

has anybody tried to install it on Windows 11? When I try to install v1.4, I get this error message:

: Welcome to DifferentSLI Patcher v1.4 by Ember 2k16!
: Press "Patch!" to patch your driver.
[E] : Could not find patch #1. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
[E] : Could not find patch #3. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
[E] : Could not find patch #4. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.
[C] : Patching was aborted because all of the patch locations could not be found.

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-3570 3.40GHz
Motherboard Dell inc. 00F82W (generic)
Cooling Default 1155
Memory 8Gb ddr3 1300 Ghz
Video Card(s) gt 1030 (one day i will have my gtx 1080 ti ;-;)
Storage 250 gb mechanical disc, ssd 140gb stylos
Display(s) generic 720p, from the age of the dinosaurs :v
Power Supply 500 watts astec generic
hello first sorry if the question is very silly but

The graphics cards must be of the same gddr, for example a gddr3 and a gddr5 card? I did a little research on the forum but I did not find anything or at least in the first and last page xD

SLUNA16

Hello all!!

I was having some issues with v1.4 differentSLI. I'm was trying to test two GTX 680 Lightnings in SLI on my ASRock Z590 OC Formula with 11900K. I'm using windows 7 with nvidia driver 417.71. I also enabled Windows Test Signing Mode; however, after I copied/pasted the "nvlddmkm.sys" file in the differentSLI folder. I gave me 3 errors (in screen shot). I am completely lost at this point. Any would be greatly appreciated.
Same problem, but using X2 1050ti
Please help!!!!!

System Name https://valid.x86.fr/6t2pb7
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard Gigabyte - GA-AB350M-Gaming 3
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LED DDR4-3000 16GB
Video Card(s) https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b4362/msi-gtx-1080-ti-gaming-x
Storage Western Digital - Black PCIe 256GB SSD + 3x HDD
Display(s) 42" TV @1080p (main) + 32" TV (side)
Case Cooler Master HAF X NV-942
Audio Device(s) Line 6 KB37
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W
Mouse Roccat Kova / Logitech G27 Steering Wheel
Keyboard Roccat Ryos TKL Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803
Start here (at my post from Jan 6, 2021):

SLUNA16

Start here (at my post from Jan 6, 2021):
I tested the 388.71, drivers for 1050 ti, and the sliauto app patched, but instal.cmd says the following :

Please fix the installation path
manually before running this script
Presione una tecla para continuar . . .
root "Entidades de certificación raíz de confianza"
================ Certificado 6 ================
Número de serie: 01de638086352cb74bf6424a7cb3d300
Emisor: CN=DifferentSLIAuto
NotBefore: 06/02/2022 14:30
NotAfter: 01/01/2040 0:59
Sujeto: CN=DifferentSLIAuto
La firma coincide con la clave pública
Certificado raíz: el sujeto coincide con el emisor
Hash de cert(sha1): 570543e49956f1d80cef1e5b5e9fd529edf6f8f3
No hay información sobre el proveedor de claves
No se encuentra el certificado y la clave privada para el descifrado.
CertUtil: -store comando completado correctamente.
The following certificate was selected:
Issued to: DifferentSLIAuto
Issued by: DifferentSLIAuto
Expires: Sun Jan 01 00:59:59 2040
SHA1 hash: 570543E49956F1D80CEF1E5B5E9FD529EDF6F8F3

Done Adding Additional Store
SignTool Error: The specified timestamp server either could not be reached
or returned an invalid response.
This may happen if you specify an RFC 3161 timestamp URL but used
the /t option or you specified a legacy Authenticode timestamp URL
but used the /tr option.
SignTool Warning: Signing succeeded, but an error occurred while attempting to
timestamp: nvlddmkm.sys

Number of files successfully Signed: 1
Number of warnings: 1
Number of errors: 0

CORRECT: el archivo (o carpeta): "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d37ca5c2cde53609\nvlddmkm.sys" ahora es propiedad del grupo de
administradores.
archivo procesado: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d37ca5c2cde53609\nvlddmkm.sys
Se procesaron correctamente 1 archivos; error al procesar 0 archivos
La operación se completó correctamente.
The process has no acces to the archive because is being used by another process.
0 archive(s) copied.

Reboot now for changes to take effect

EDIT : I have tested with also 5xx and 4xx drivers an the message is the same
please help

Last edited:
For installing the 388.71 driver, you need to exactly follow post #2938 (start below the video)
This also means finding the actual driver location, editing install.cmd (if your Windows version is greater than 7) and running install.cmd in safe mode.

SLUNA16

For installing the 388.71 driver, you need to exactly follow post #2938 (start below the video)
This also means finding the actual driver location, editing install.cmd (if your Windows version is greater than 7) and running install.cmd in safe mode.
It worked yesterday, dissabeling the 2 gpus in device manager, i show a guys post from a long time ago, but thank you so much

Its normal that is crashing in epic games???

Why is there no list of successful combinations with different cards in first post??

Let me start.

combined GTX580 + GTX465 in sli

Semi-work.
tried with 388 driver.
1. 465 must be master card. If you enable sli with 580 in master - driver stopped work.

2. for example, it works with DX9, but when you enable PHYSx it crashed. I have no more slot to try third card For Physx

with dx11 games mostly crashed.

SLUNA16

Why is there no list of successful combinations with different cards in first post??

Let me start.

combined GTX580 + GTX465 in sli

Semi-work.
tried with 388 driver.
1. 465 must be master card. If you enable sli with 580 in master - driver stopped work.

2. for example, it works with DX9, but when you enable PHYSx it crashed. I have no more slot to try third card For Physx

with dx11 games mostly crashed.
same for me, games with dx12 crashed ( rise of thr tomb raider), and when disabled the gpus work together but dont pass 60%