• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Newmang

Hello everyone. Recently bought Nvidia 970. The old card is Nvidia 670. I Decided to try DifferentSLIAuto1.3, although read, that is works to combine the products of one generation (chip). In general, the installation of the certificate and the replacement of driver were successful, the system is restarted and in the drivers appeared the opportunity to activate the Nvidia sli mode. But when pressed checkbox the "maximum performance - apply" - PC restarted and the sli mode has not earned. After several attempts, finally proposed to restore the system, since the launch of windows in Device Manager has been written that both video cards are not used and operated manually failed. So the system to perform a recovery point. As a result, it is impossible now or ever to connect the 600 and 900 generation of graphics cards, and it is so sorry :)

Also noticed that if i leave both cards and put on 670 processing physics - that growth is almost 0 in the last few games and even 670 is not involved (Assassin's Creed® Units, Far Cry 4), except that in Batman - Arkham Origins seen that 670 at least increases the frequency and uses the video buffer at 65-70%. 3dmark and Furmark did not notice the difference at 670 on physics and give an overall assessment of performance, even slightly lower than at the test only one of 970...

Has anyone else tried to combine the 900 and 600 series? :) And advise, should be removed altogether 670 (only physics) and leave only work 970 one? Thanks.

seithan

Anyone managed to SLI 970 with 980 or are they totally different IDs, unsupported and unmatched?

WestwardQuest

Hi everyone, I am having an issue with different sli and I don't know how to go about solving it. I can get SLI enabled in nvidia control panel and it seems to be using both cards correctly when I'm in game. The main problem is when I try to switch between a fullscreen application and desktop it goes to a blank screen and doesn't return until a good 30-60 seconds or so later. I also have this issue on start up and occasionally get minor graphical glitches on the screen for a single frame. It isn't unusable but it can get very annoying if I need to quickly switch back and forth. I had a better experience running older games when I had just the single card.

I have tried using different sli 1.2 and 1.3 with different versions of nvidia drivers and also tried using windows 7, windows 8 and windows 8.1 with no success. Unfortunately I don't know much about the software to know where to start looking for solutions. Has anyone else heard of this issue?

I'm using a PALIT GTX 660 and a EVGA GTX 660 with a gigabyte ga-b75m-d3h motherboard and 2 monitors

Thanks

Nikokas

Hey guys! I'm currently trying to match my 9800 gt and 8600 gt on a Asrock 970 extreme3 mobo(only crossfire capable)! I have tried using differentsli 1.2 and 1.3 but i get a black screen after the windows loading logo! I tried using the old method aswell but with no success! Sorry if this is asked again in this thread but the pages are way too many for me to read all of them! :D Thanx in advance for any replies :D

Spider1

Hi,

Can anyone confirm this program woks to allow Quad SLi mode on GTX780's ?

Thanks

pngc

Quick questions: I've successfully turned SLI on with 2x GTX 480 that are EXACTLY the same (and had been working in SLI in a different mobo).

But in order to use the tool, I had to turn driver signing off (or test mode on). And to do that, I had to disable Safe Boot in my BIOS (mobo is Maximus VII Formula).

Now my questions:
  • Can I turn Safe Boot back off?
  • Can I turn Test Mode back off as well?
Thanks in advance.

bloodman376

Hey,

Is there any way to achieve SLI with test signing off?
I have 2 MSI GTX 470's that are working fine at the moment, but some games such as DayZ, Arma 2 OA (which use the BattlEye protection), ESEA launcher for CSGO, and Rust don't work because of it.
My motherboard is a P8B75-m.

Thank you!

slitroublemaker

Hi Guys, i have a problem. I received damaged GTX580 to fix - artifacts, no video signal after boot up, i baked it(195°C 9 minutes), it works flawlessly (gainward).
Im myself using the GTX570 from Asus, i heard its the same architectre so the SLI should work.
Now my problem - It just doesnt work. I followed all the steps and I always end up crashing the driver when ENABLING SLI MODE in NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL.
Tried it on W8.1 64 PRO, now on W7ult64BIT fresh install, still nothing. The card works in single mode. Got them both bridged, (i tried connecting them in the first sli connector, still nothing)
Power Supply Corsair TX750, MB - p8z68v-pro. Patching the nvl sys driver always succesfull. Someone told here that he had a problem with some VGA BIOS thing, dunno how he fixed that.
Any suggestions? Ill be glad, thx very much and keep making on it! :)

570.PNG
580.PNG

EDIT - GOT IT FIXED, USED 1.2DIFFERENT SLI, I pluged DVI into the card with LESS MEMORY! Didnt tested it yed but the NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL no longer giving me an ERROR! Love u Ember!
EDIT 2 - blah, it worked only for 1 min, i clicked on nvidia gefore experience center and it shutted, needed to reboot system, after that again drivers kicked, native resolution... now i tried to switch gpu order to make the card i got connected in monitor as the 1st...

It works while in Windows, but whenever I start some app which uses graphics - GPU tweak for instance, it starts to slow down. Graphics are totally slowing the PC in that moment. I cant even run a PC with SLI on when GPU tweak runs on start up, it wont simply load but extremely slowdown the GUI.
When I allow the "sli indicator" in NVIDIA control panel - it looks like FIREFOX is using the SLI, some kinds of fractures but not artifacts are appearing. Just blackish squary blocks.

In GPU-Z look everything ok, it says that gpus are in SLI mode. I tested the "BAKED" gtx580 standalone in 3DMARK, here is what ive got - http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/9656019 . THe other card is in 100% condition too (being user of it for 2y)

Any help would be appreciated and sorry for long post. hope that @Ember willread that :'(

Last edited:
System Name purplekaycee
Processor Core i7 6700
Motherboard Msi z270 titanium
Cooling Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16gb (2x8gb) corsair LPX vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte gtx 1080ti
Storage 1tb Samsung SSD, 4tb Seagate HDD, 8tb Seagate HDD
Display(s) Dell 23" ST 2310 60hz 1080p monitor
Case Cooler Master H500M
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 headphone
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 850. 850W
Mouse Regular mouse
Keyboard Regular keyboard
Software Windows 10 64 bit
What arethe main advantags of using SLI multiple Gpus over single gpus?

liferunner

Hi,
I was install 1.3 and all working fine with my two 760's...
But I want ask is somebody play at multiplayer games like DAYZ or MISCREATED or some others, coz I have problems with it due to TEST MODE, the ******* BattleEye and EasyAntyCheat doesn't allow to start game

Veso Rakia

As far as I see, there is one guy saying 1.3 doesn't work with the GTAV NVIDIA driver, but there are a couple saying it does. I'll give it a try tonight and will tell you. I really hope it works, because ... well... GTA V u know ;)

Everyday and since i follow this thread i got fascinated with this. To see how NVIDIA cheat us hidden things than can be possible and you guys uncovered it...

Congrats again bros !!!

Original author/engineer - Anatomylik
Current engineer - Ember
Forum support - Fourstaff
Publicist - newconroer

jakub2305

Hi, I have a problem with this patch 350.12, i installed it and of course the sli option
disappeard from nvidia control panel, so i installed Different sli v 1.3 and almost every option disappeard from nvidia option panel, there s only some
stereoscopic viewing 3D option so i can t switch sli on, any solutions ? I have two 760 s

Last edited: