• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

KXZaph

I maybe wrong but it appears you may not be test mode. Right click on the windows logo, click cmd as administrator and enter the command:

Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

And restart your pc

Reply if this fixes the issue, you cannot leave test mode while the sli mod is enabled. Another fix may be disabling UAC. Sometimes uac must be disabled with regedit (this is an issue I have with my pc, but I doubt is your issue.

It's been in Test Mode ever since I upgraded to 10. I exited Test Mode for the first time when I tried seanstizz7's 18 step solution and it put me back into Test Mode after I did the patch. At least it says it is in the bottom right corner of the desktop.

As for UAC, I've had the slider down to the bottom since I started trying to sort this. I haven't used regedit to disable it however.

Processor i5 4570
Motherboard MSI Z87-G43
Cooling Air
Memory Hyper X BLU
Video Card(s) 2x GTX 660 ti SLI
Storage WD BLUE 1 TB
Case Corsair Vengeance C70
Audio Device(s) Audigy RX 7.1
Power Supply RM 750
Mouse ETEK Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Mad Katz STRIKE 3
Software Windows 8.1
It's been in Test Mode ever since I upgraded to 10. I exited Test Mode for the first time when I tried seanstizz7's 18 step solution and it put me back into Test Mode after I did the patch. At least it says it is in the bottom right corner of the desktop.

As for UAC, I've had the slider down to the bottom since I started trying to sort this. I haven't used regedit to disable it however.
The rededit fix is easy and can be reversed it should be done before the patch so I would do a fresh install of drivers

KXZaph

The rededit fix is easy and can be reversed it should be done before the patch so I would do a fresh install of drivers

Attempted to do the steps again after disabling UAC in regedit, unfortunately still the same issue where after patching and enabling the cards, nvidia control panel isn't on my computer so I have no way of enabling SLI. Just the same error message about not being able to verify the drivers digital signatures.

So has this come down to a case of Home vs Pro. Seems to be the major factor in if the patch works or not. I'm open to upgrading if needed, but I doubt it's 100% the reason and also there must be a way to deal with this for Home if it is the issue.

rudyrajkumar

Attempted to do the steps again after disabling UAC in regedit, unfortunately still the same issue where after patching and enabling the cards, nvidia control panel isn't on my computer so I have no way of enabling SLI. Just the same error message about not being able to verify the drivers digital signatures.

So has this come down to a case of Home vs Pro. Seems to be the major factor in if the patch works or not. I'm open to upgrading if needed, but I doubt it's 100% the reason and also there must be a way to deal with this for Home if it is the issue.

I had this same issue on Windows 10 Pro. The solution was to unlock the hidden Administrator account in Win 10 and do the steps from 10 and on (listed by seanstizz and the rest of the kind folks on here) in the Administrator account. worked like a charm. Good luck!

1. Disable UAC
2. Disable Virus software
3. Delete old Differentsli folder.
3. Open "run" certmgr.msc, delete all differentsliauto certs.
4. Boot into safe mode, run DDU, Display driver uninstaller.
5. After reboot run reg cleaner and ccleaner.
6. Install NVIDIA drivers clean install. reboot
7. Extract Differentsliauto 1.3.1
8. DISABLE graphics cards indevice manager
9. Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" into the DifferentSLI folder.
10. Run DifferentSLIAuto.exe and patch file
11. Reboot In Safe Mode.
12. Right click .install, edit. delete
"net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin."
13. Run Install.cmd
14. REBOOT
15. ENABLE graphics cards
16. REBOOT
17. Enable Sli in Nvidia control panel.
18. Enable UAC/ Virus Software, Reboot

First post, so hello everyone and a big thank you to the DifferentSLI creators :).

Just wanted to report that it seems to be working fine(-ish) with an Asus Titan (6GB) and EVGA 780ti (3GB), using 355.60 drivers and DifferentSLI 1.3.1. I had some initial issues, turned out that it was necessary to use the 780ti as the primary card (less VRAM i suppose?). It's not perfectly stable - i'm getting better results in windowed or borderless than fullscreen. Witcher 3 works about 50% of times in fullscreen - if it starts, it will keep working ok, but every other attempt it seems to lock on the first screen, requiring a restart. Borderless seems to work better, with freezes at startup occuring rarely. Other than that i've only tried 3Dmark, which, weirdly, doesn't work at all on one monitor (FHD), and works just fine on another (4K). Results are not stellar, but still pretty good, considering it "shouldn't" work at all :) http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8189117? The performance increase was lower than i expected, but it could be due to the computer being in dire need of a fresh Windows installation.

System Name Te Juggernaut
Processor Intel Core i7 3770
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Watercooling Loop
Memory 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) 3X GTX 660 Ti`s
Power Supply Cooler master Silent Pro 1000 w
Mouse Razer Deathader
I would like to report

Signature Driver Enforcement will do the work, look for tutorial on google. Also if you experience keyboard issues in the advanced start menu disable fast boot on BIOS first. Worked for me ;)

KXZaph

I would like to report

Signature Driver Enforcement will do the work, look for tutorial on google. Also if you experience keyboard issues in the advanced start menu disable fast boot on BIOS first. Worked for me ;)

Hey I've booted into Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode and I have SLI running successfully while in this mode. Thanks for that. The issue I have now is that I have to go to the fuss of rebooting my computer into this mode every time I turn it on. Curious if you or anybody else has a way of defaulting start up into this mode, to save me having to boot the machine twice before each use. I've had a quick look around but the things people suggest haven't worked/ usually instructions for win 8.

Bake87

6800gs-top2.jpg
5794-T9099_1362_base.jpg
are these close enough of a match to run in sli

Mouse Razer Deathader
Hey I've booted into Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode and I have SLI running successfully while in this mode. Thanks for that. The issue I have now is that I have to go to the fuss of rebooting my computer into this mode every time I turn it on. Curious if you or anybody else has a way of defaulting start up into this mode, to save me having to boot the machine twice before each use. I've had a quick look around but the things people suggest haven't worked/ usually instructions for win 8.
I have detected that happens due to some rare Windows defense mechanism. I don't know why but it seems that Windows 10 is blocking different sli auto like it was a threat for the system. All that you need to do is disabling Windows Defender that comes with Windows 10 installation by default like antivirus, antimalware,etc. That should do the work. But after some days it enables itself automatically and you will need to disable it again manually. A little annoying but works well. Hope this advice will work for you and all Windows 10-Different Sli Auto users. Regards :)

Skrap

I'm running Windows 10 home with two gtx 960's. After going through these steps to get my sli working I have finally been given the option to turn SLI on. However when I turn it on my computer restarts and SLI is not enabled. What am I missing?

I have detected that happens due to some rare Windows defense mechanism. I don't know why but it seems that Windows 10 is blocking different sli auto like it was a threat for the system. All that you need to do is disabling Windows Defender that comes with Windows 10 installation by default like antivirus, antimalware,etc. That should do the work. But after some days it enables itself automatically and you will need to disable it again manually. A little annoying but works well. Hope this advice will work for you and all Windows 10-Different Sli Auto users. Regards :)
disable in gpedit.msc if using win10 pro. iv'e seen nothing but trouble from win defend on win 10 upgrades.

Mouse Razer Deathader
disable in gpedit.msc if using win10 pro. iv'e seen nothing but trouble from win defend on win 10 upgrades.
after some test i can confirm i was completely wrong, windows defender is not the problem i´m almost sure that Driver Signature Enforcement is the cause, and every system reboot i have to go to settings and restart with Driver Signature Enforcement Disabled and until now i havent find a way to disable it permanently is a little annoying to disable the feature avery reboot but i think i whorth for SLI.

I hope somebody have a fix for this soon.

tsyymi

Managed to get this work quite easily in Windows 10 with ASUS + Inno3D GTX 970. UAC has been disabled since OS installation. Im using the newest WHQL drivers.

I ran DifferentSLIAuto.exe as admin. Everything went fine.
After that I ran Install.bat as admin, everything else was fine except that it said that one file cannot be replaced because it is in use. Therefore I went do the Device Manager and disabled both of the GPU's. After that Install.bat went through without any errors. Then I just enabled the GPU's, rebooted, and I was able to turn on SLI. Test mode is automatically on after every reboot.

Thanks for the awesome software!

Hi guys. I've 660 and 760. i did all steps. but when i activate the sli and hit the apply button. loading bar appears and screen goes black for 1 sec. and some colorful lines appear at the bottom of the screen for 1 sec. then nvidia control panel stops working. can someone help?

nauzer

Hi sorry for my english i don't speak very well but i have the same problem :

I have
GPU NVIDIA GTX ASUS STRIX 980 TI SLI
CM ASUS X99 DELUXE
CPU i7 5820K

I USE ACTUALY WINDOWS 10 FOR DX 12 IN GAME but my sli don't work. Long time ago i use Windows 7 and he work with the same configuration.
I have read many page of this topic and i have try many times but i can't enable sli can u help me plz ?

Thanks a lot for the answer and help.

john morales

I had this same issue on Windows 10 Pro. The solution was to unlock the hidden Administrator account in Win 10 and do the steps from 10 and on (listed by seanstizz and the rest of the kind folks on here) in the Administrator account. worked like a charm. Good luck!

1. Disable UAC
2. Disable Virus software
3. Delete old Differentsli folder.
3. Open "run" certmgr.msc, delete all differentsliauto certs.
4. Boot into safe mode, run DDU, Display driver uninstaller.
5. After reboot run reg cleaner and ccleaner.
6. Install NVIDIA drivers clean install. reboot
7. Extract Differentsliauto 1.3.1
8. DISABLE graphics cards indevice manager
9. Copy "nvlddmkm.sys" into the DifferentSLI folder.
10. Run DifferentSLIAuto.exe and patch file
11. Reboot In Safe Mode.
12. Right click .install, edit. delete
"net session >nul 2>&1
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto notadmin."
13. Run Install.cmd
14. REBOOT
15. ENABLE graphics cards
16. REBOOT
17. Enable Sli in Nvidia control panel.
18. Enable UAC/ Virus Software, Reboot

This also worked with Windows 10 Enterprise

System Name Sweet Dreams
Motherboard Intel DP67DE B3
Cooling CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 EVO
Memory 2x Kingston 8GB 1333MHz DDR3
Video Card(s) Zotac GeForce GTX 970
Storage Corsair Force GS 128GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Display(s) Samsung TV Monitor T22C310 + Samsung SyncMaster B2030N
Case Thermaltake Commander MS-I Black
Audio Device(s) Durabrand VS-214
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse CoolerMaster Storm Recon White
Keyboard Aerocool Templarius Arma
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Benchmark Scores http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5029427&postcount=880
No support for 900 series? I don't see them in the list.

A dual GPU will work with a single card? GTX 295 + 280?

kellysplanet

I'm new to this but getting a different issue on the install, did all the steps and getting blank cmd window with blinking curser. Windows 10,, just installed the latest driver for nvidia today,, Dell T5500 with 2 GTX 670 FTW's with Nvidia Sli bridge

killerall5385

i have two 970s that wont sli normally and it does not work on win 10. win 7 worked like a charm though. followed all steps. no bridge.

Processor Q6600 @ 3600mhz with 1600fsb
Motherboard Asus P5E x38
Cooling Zalman CPU, and 4x120mm fans
Memory 2 gig(2x1gig) Crucial ballistix 4gig(4x2gig) Corsair
Video Card(s) ATI 4850
Storage 150gig Raptorx/wd 320gig/2x raptor 37gig
Display(s) Samsung SnycMaster 906bw/acer 19inch
Case Lian Li PC V1000II
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-FI
Power Supply 600w Silverstone ATX
Software vista 64, fruityloops, COD4, TF2, HL2
Benchmark Scores 15983 3dmark06
THANKS! I got a EVGA and Gigabyte 970, and this got them to SLI together ! BF4 on a 144hz monitor with vsync on is so smooth!

PS: I'm on win10 and it wasn't working at first but I noticed it made a new nvlddmkm.sys in the folder with the patch. So I just copied the new file to the c:\windows\system32\drivers folder and restarted, and then it worked fine.

System Name Medium
Processor AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.6GHz
Motherboard MSI 890GXM-G65
Cooling stock cooler
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) 2 * 5870 in crossfire
Storage 1 40GB intel SSD and 1 750GB WD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 226BW
Case NZXT Vulcan
Audio Device(s) Logitech Clear Chat Pro USB Headphones
Power Supply Thermaltake 680 pure power with 15A, 14A and 23A 12v rails
Software Windows 7 Premium x64
crosshair v formula z with latest bios (trying the tri-sli) if possible
2x evga gtx 770 sc (2gb) = 1184
1x evga gtx 670 ftw (2gb) = 1189
I have a tri-sli bridge and in case that wont work for tri-sli I do have a single sli bridge too.

running windows 10 pro 64bit
will this program work for tri-sli
I'm not sure what position I would want the gtx 670 in.
does it go closest to the cpu or where?
do I hook the hdmi cable into that one
does the 670 go on the middle tri-sli bridge connector?

I have the 355.82 driver installed right now for all 3 cards
thanks

ok I tried it and I think its working kind of.
here is my 3dmark 11 score

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/10420237

it shows 3x gtx 670
I have the 2 gtx 770 with no gtx 670 results somewhere.
they were about 10k I believe.

3dmark firestrike "demo" is crashing on me.
it then advances to the graphics tests and then also crashes for the last time.
gonna get heaven and valley benchmarks now

Last edited:

Vesuveus

Hey, I have been having a problem getting this to work.

I have an HP Z800 motherboard with 2 xeon x5550 cpu's, 24gb ECC REG ddr3 1066 RAM, and 2 GTX 295's (for a total of 4 gpu's).

I am running windows 8.1

I have to use eith 341.81 or older drivers. I have tried using 341.81 and 341.44 drivers with both differentsli 1.3 and 1.3.1

Every time I hit the Patch button it says the patch was successful, but I still only get the option of 2way sli, not the full 4.

Any tips would be awesome. Thanks!