• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Mirko.ika

Hi, i was following this theme long time ago, but now i need some help.
I hawe GTX 570 1.25Gb and GTX 560 windforce revision 2 , 1 Gb, graphic cards.
I have put once GTX 560 on the top of the PCI slots and everything worked just fine, than i tryed to switch it so GTX 570 be my primary card, but when i try to patch it different SLI auto 1.5 crashes only, i hawe tryed to switch cards back, reinstal my OS, but it keeps crashing, what can i do to fix this?
Im using windows 7 ultimate OS.
Sry for my bad english.
I reinstaled OS once more, GTX 570 cant be my priramry card becose when i activate SLi on restar i hawe onlz lines on my deskop and after that drivers desapear and it turn into VGA mode..
i have put GTX 560 primary again and it works.
I hawe questin, is it better to hawe only GTX 570, or to hawe GTX 560 SLI with 570?
Becose GTX 560 is slower card than GTX 570..
Do i get any better performance from this SLI?

AwesomeUsername

Got this working with latest drivers (368.81) using DifferentSLIAuto1.5

2 x GTX 555's (OEM)
Dell Precision T1600 motherboard. (non-sli)

Only issue I had was with disabling driver signing. When done at the end of the process like in the vid on page 69 the driver never loaded. But when I reinstalled driver and repeated steps it worked fine without having to do the last step.

Thanks guys, awesome!

Mirko.ika

Got this working with latest drivers (368.81) using DifferentSLIAuto1.5

2 x GTX 555's (OEM)
Dell Precision T1600 motherboard. (non-sli)

Only issue I had was with disabling driver signing. When done at the end of the process like in the vid on page 69 the driver never loaded. But when I reinstalled driver and repeated steps it worked fine without having to do the last step.

Thanks guys, awesome!
Apperently, there is no need to disable driver signing in winodws 10 to get everything redy for SLI, i just tryed it on windows 10.

Mirko.ika

Well i hawe everything worked, but i hawe 1 big problem, i hawe tryed to test it in 3D mark, but it crashes and it shows me eror that drivers are recoverd from eror.
This happens in every game that whant to use more Vram than 256Mb.
What can i do to fix this?

S2600K

Can someone help my confused brain.
Can a gtx 760 be paired with a gtx 480 on win10? Thanks

FancyGPU

Can someone please re-upload DifferentSLIAuto1.5.rar? The link is no longer working!

Avonok

Complete newbie here, I just tried using DifferentSLI, when I tried patching it, it told me it couldn't find patch #3. I feel like this is an easy fix but there's not much information out there on this.

I am trying to setup DifferentSLI on a Mac Pro running Windows 10 64bit. I have downloaded version 1.4 and using it with the 364.51 nvidia drivers. I have two EVGA 980ti SC cards with an EVGA V2 bridge installed. Both cards are getting fed power to the 8 and 6 pin.

I enabled test mode, disabled driver signing, and ensured UAC was disabled. I copied the driver file over and patched it and rebooted to safe mode. I deleted the two lines in install.cmd that was looking for the admin login, and was able to run the install cmd without errors. I see the modified file is copied to system32/drivers, as the modified time was changed and the is a bak file next to it. The digital signature tap looks different to, but guessing that is be caused the installed cert is not trusted.

Even after doing all that when I rebooted and go into the nvidia control panel, I don't have the option to enable SLI. It only list the physix settings...

Watched the vid on page 69, pretty sure I did everything in the vid... Any thoughts as to what I am missing? How can you verify the modified file is in fact being used?

System Name Te Juggernaut
Processor Intel Core i7 3770
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Watercooling Loop
Memory 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) 3X GTX 660 Ti`s
Power Supply Cooler master Silent Pro 1000 w
Mouse Razer Deathader
Mouse Razer Deathader
I am trying to setup DifferentSLI on a Mac Pro running Windows 10 64bit. I have downloaded version 1.4 and using it with the 364.51 nvidia drivers. I have two EVGA 980ti SC cards with an EVGA V2 bridge installed. Both cards are getting fed power to the 8 and 6 pin.

I enabled test mode, disabled driver signing, and ensured UAC was disabled. I copied the driver file over and patched it and rebooted to safe mode. I deleted the two lines in install.cmd that was looking for the admin login, and was able to run the install cmd without errors. I see the modified file is copied to system32/drivers, as the modified time was changed and the is a bak file next to it. The digital signature tap looks different to, but guessing that is be caused the installed cert is not trusted.

Even after doing all that when I rebooted and go into the nvidia control panel, I don't have the option to enable SLI. It only list the physix settings...

Watched the vid on page 69, pretty sure I did everything in the vid... Any thoughts as to what I am missing? How can you verify the modified file is in fact being used?[/QUOTE
Uninstall display driver using DDU. Before driver installation go to C: and delete NVIDIA folder that contains old display driver files. Then reinstall most recent drivers and use different sli auto 1.5 for 368 and above on uwindows 10. Hope this help...

Uninstall display driver using DDU. Before driver installation go to C: and delete NVIDIA folder that contains old display driver files. Then reinstall most recent drivers and use different sli auto 1.5 for 368 and above on uwindows 10. Hope this help...
Okay, got DifferentSLIauto1.5 and the 368.81 drivers. I was able to go through the same setup steps without any errors. The modified driver file is in c:\windows\system32\drivers though it was signed withe the certificate, there is no timestamp where there would be an expiration. But still no SLI option. It is not that it is there but greyed out, it is completely missing.

I am running in EFI mode and gpu-z shows uefi is checked, would that have any impact on the modified driver?

Mouse Razer Deathader
Okay, got DifferentSLIauto1.5 and the 368.81 drivers. I was able to go through the same setup steps without any errors. The modified driver file is in c:\windows\system32\drivers though it was signed withe the certificate, there is no timestamp where there would be an expiration. But still no SLI option. It is not that it is there but greyed out, it is completely missing.

I am running in EFI mode and gpu-z shows uefi is checked, would that have any impact on the modified driver?
Your pcie slots are running at 4x at least?

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Isn't that because of power saving? Try the ? next to the PCI-E mode thing.

Isn't that because of power saving? Try the ? next to the PCI-E mode thing.
I was wondering that, the 2.0 is the primary card right now and since I can't enable SLI, the second card is not getting used...

And just for clarity, I am using a Mac Pro, which is using an Intel x56 chipset...

Mouse Razer Deathader
Could be that pcie 1.1 slot is too slow for your Gtx 980ti? Or i dont know bios version of both cards? Did you do a fresh installation after deleting old driver files in C: /Nvidia/display driver?

Could be that pcie 1.1 slot is too slow for your Gtx 980ti? Or i dont know bios version of both cards? Did you do a fresh installation after deleting old driver files in C: /Nvidia/display driver?
I am not sure if either of those would prevent the SLI option from showing up... My searching of the web has provided mixed feedback...

yeah, the steps I took were:
  • Deleted C:\Nvidia
  • Rebooted to safe mode
  • Ran DDU and rebooted back to non safe mode
  • Installed 368.81 and chose clean install with all options
  • Copied nvlddmkm.sys from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers -to- C:\C:\DifferentSLIAuto1.5
  • Ran DifferentSLIAuto.exe and was able to patch successful
  • Rebooted into safe mode again
  • Ran install.cmd and verified C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\nvlddmkm.sys matched the patch version
  • Rebooted back to non safe mode
I am at a loss... If I open driver details on each of the 980ti and the nvlddmkm.sys file is listed...

Anyone know if UEFI is impacting the use of the modified driver?

Vokee

@Ember
I have just bought a new 1070 by asus and i want to sli withmy old 670.
I ran your install.cmd without prblems but the patcher says that i could not find patch #3.
I have seen several other users with the same problem but i cant find a soulution.

Thanks beforhand :)

Mouse Razer Deathader
@Ember
I have just bought a new 1070 by asus and i want to sli withmy old 670.
I ran your install.cmd without prblems but the patcher says that i could not find patch #3.
I have seen several other users with the same problem but i cant find a soulution.

Thanks beforhand :)
1070 with 670 i see that really complicated due to completely different arquitectures but why not to try? For Science!! Make shure to use last 368 drivers and different SLi auto 1.5 also check the video tutorial at the end of page 69...let us to know about your results. Cheers.

Vokee

1070 with 670 i see that really complicated due to completely different arquitectures but why not to try? For Science!! Make shure to use last 368 drivers and different SLi auto 1.5 also check the video tutorial at the end of page 69...let us to know about your results. Cheers.

Mine just says "Could not find patch 3#" so it would not update the drivers.
So it does not seem to work at this very moment unless there is a fix to the patch #3 error

Christian Wheat

Hi!
I've downloaded the DifferentSLIAuto 1.4 from github, rolled back my nV drivers to 362.00.
Patched fine, SLI option is available in control panel. When turning on, it causes BSOD. Trying to mix GTX960 with Quadro 2000 for some spec apps. Any chance to get it work?

(W7 SP1)

Last edited:
Mine just says "Could not find patch 3#" so it would not update the drivers.
So it does not seem to work at this very moment unless there is a fix to the patch #3 error

Go back a couple of pages and download version 1.5. The page still works, it is just very addy... You are going to get redirected and will have to go down a few pages.

Otherwise you will have to use an older version of the driver.

Nate

Just finished installing dual GTX 680s in a 2009 Mac Pro running Windows 10 pro
Tried running the patcher and got the following errors oh and running version 368.81
Could not find Patch #1
Could not find Patch #3
Could not find Patch #4
Patching was aborted because all of the patch locations could not be found

Both 680s have been patched to the mac edition, and are hooked up in SLI....
so far no luck... (using differentSLIAuto 1.5)

Last edited:

Sich

I see that you speak about different sli 1.5, but on github there is only 1.4.
Where can I find the 1.5 ?
Thx :)