• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Adam Kuhns

More specifically it was patch #3 it couldn't find if thats at all helpful.
could really use some help aggggggh

System Name Te Juggernaut
Processor Intel Core i7 3770
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Watercooling Loop
Memory 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) 3X GTX 660 Ti`s
Power Supply Cooler master Silent Pro 1000 w
Mouse Razer Deathader
I think Ember has taken a break:cool:

Willyiv

I have been successfully using Diff SLI for about a year with 2 660Ti's until I just upgraded to 368.22 and tried to apply the crack again using the same procedure as before and now i'm having the same issue as many. Patch 3 cannot be found etc etc. I've tried every method of install/re install and so far no luck either. Still stuck on 1 660. Hopefully we can figure this out

Sameer

@Noah2315 the driver must be self-signed and test sign mode must be enabled in Windows, which is why you should install it using Install.cmd which does both operations for you. Do not disable test sign mode or it will not work.
Hi ember i have 2 970s from same company but it doesnt work. when i try to patch it says could not find patch #3. could you help me fix please. My nvidia version is 368.22

simbolika

Hi ember i have 2 970s from same company but it doesnt work. when i try to patch it says could not find patch #3. could you help me fix please. My nvidia version is 368.22
It's obvious that he wrote error, you need to downgrade the driver. Next time read very careful the post

Willyiv

I downgraded to 365.19 and DIFF SLI 1.4 is working fine again with 2 660ti's in WIN 10 Pro. Guess this is the only option until the issue is assessed.

CapitanCox

Hi all,

it's my first time that I trying to put my graphic card in SLI. I had a GTX 560 Ti Phaton Gainward 2Gb and i got a second GTX 560 Ti Gainward but with only 1Gb.
Because the difference of memory the SLI doesn't work (i guess for this reason).
I decided to try the DifferentAutoSLI but it didn't work.

I will explain what I have done:
- I remove all the driver with driver sweeper,
- I put the two graphic card together + SLI bridge,
- I installed the driver 365.19 (because I read the the last driver doesn't work properly with the DifferenAutoSLI 1.4),
- I run the software as administrator and I successfully patch
- I run the file install.cmd
- it should be fine but at the end of the black screen and I got this:

root "Trusted Root Certification Authorities"
================ Certificate 6 ================
Serial Number: c466fbc91cb3fbae45127a5d784d8be2
Issuer: CN=DifferentSLIAuto
NotBefore: 18/06/2016 03:32 PM
NotAfter: 01/01/2040 09:59 AM
Subject: CN=DifferentSLIAuto
Signature matches Public Key
Root Certificate: Subject matches Issuer
Cert Hash(sha1): 42 e0 10 1e c0 d4 c9 64 1f 28 d2 18 cf 9e 96 07 fb f4 63 5c
No key provider information
Cannot find the certificate and private key for decryption.
CertUtil: -store command completed successfully.
The following certificate was selected:
Issued to: DifferentSLIAuto
Issued by: DifferentSLIAuto
Expires: Sun Jan 01 09:59:59 2040
SHA1 hash: 42E0101EC0D4C9641F28D218CF9E9607FBF4635C

Done Adding Additional Store
Successfully signed and timestamped: nvlddmkm.sys

Number of files successfully Signed: 1
Number of warnings: 0
Number of errors: 0

SUCCESS: The file (or folder): "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys" now owned by the administrators group.
processed file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
The operation completed successfully.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
0 file(s) copied.

Reboot now for changes to take effect

I restart the PC and on the left angle of the desktop appeared: "Test Mode Windows 10 Pro Build 10586"

I run the control panel but nothing happened It is still not available the SLI option.

I disabled the UAC.

Thanks

Mouse Razer Deathader
Hi all,

it's my first time that I trying to put my graphic card in SLI. I had a GTX 560 Ti Phaton Gainward 2Gb and i got a second GTX 560 Ti Gainward but with only 1Gb.
Because the difference of memory the SLI doesn't work (i guess for this reason).
I decided to try the DifferentAutoSLI but it didn't work.

I will explain what I have done:
- I remove all the driver with driver sweeper,
- I put the two graphic card together + SLI bridge,
- I installed the driver 365.19 (because I read the the last driver doesn't work properly with the DifferenAutoSLI 1.4),
- I run the software as administrator and I successfully patch
- I run the file install.cmd
- it should be fine but at the end of the black screen and I got this:

root "Trusted Root Certification Authorities"
================ Certificate 6 ================
Serial Number: c466fbc91cb3fbae45127a5d784d8be2
Issuer: CN=DifferentSLIAuto
NotBefore: 18/06/2016 03:32 PM
NotAfter: 01/01/2040 09:59 AM
Subject: CN=DifferentSLIAuto
Signature matches Public Key
Root Certificate: Subject matches Issuer
Cert Hash(sha1): 42 e0 10 1e c0 d4 c9 64 1f 28 d2 18 cf 9e 96 07 fb f4 63 5c
No key provider information
Cannot find the certificate and private key for decryption.
CertUtil: -store command completed successfully.
The following certificate was selected:
Issued to: DifferentSLIAuto
Issued by: DifferentSLIAuto
Expires: Sun Jan 01 09:59:59 2040
SHA1 hash: 42E0101EC0D4C9641F28D218CF9E9607FBF4635C

Done Adding Additional Store
Successfully signed and timestamped: nvlddmkm.sys

Number of files successfully Signed: 1
Number of warnings: 0
Number of errors: 0

SUCCESS: The file (or folder): "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys" now owned by the administrators group.
processed file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
The operation completed successfully.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
0 file(s) copied.

Reboot now for changes to take effect

I restart the PC and on the left angle of the desktop appeared: "Test Mode Windows 10 Pro Build 10586"

I run the control panel but nothing happened It is still not available the SLI option.

I disabled the UAC.

Thanks
Try to follow the tutorial at the end of page 69 hope it will help...

CapitanCox

Try to follow the tutorial at the end of page 69 hope it will help...

Thanks. I followed the instruction on the video and I was able to overlay the original file.
I reboot and and change the option "DISABLE DRIVER SIGNING CHECK ON WINDOWS"
On the nvidia control panel it was possible enable the SLI.
I enable and push APPLY.
After that the computer was stuck the colored loading bar didn't move.
I forced the restart but it didn't work.

Any suggestion?

Mouse Razer Deathader
Thanks. I followed the instruction on the video and I was able to overlay the original file.
I reboot and and change the option "DISABLE DRIVER SIGNING CHECK ON WINDOWS"
On the nvidia control panel it was possible enable the SLI.
I enable and push APPLY.
After that the computer was stuck the colored loading bar didn't move.
I forced the restart but it didn't work.

Any suggestion?
The 2 gb graphics card is connected on the top of pci e slots? I mean if this card is the card connected to monitor? Maybe change cards positions could help the cards to sync. Maybe mismatched ram amounts is the problem.

CapitanCox

Attached there is a screen of my monitor.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 484

mgi125

To everyone that is having patch #3 issue in latest drivers:

Since the original creator seems to be inactive, I have fixed the issue and uploaded the updated version (which also includes an already patched driver file of 368.39 (10.18.13.6839))
Download can be found here: http://uppit.com/ijc7x3f9lsh9

Enjoy

To those wondering about what was changed:

in frmPatcher.cs (https://github.com/EmberVulpix/DifferentSLIAuto/blob/master/frmPatcher.cs)

if ((patches[2] = FindPattern(new byte[] { 0x85, 0xC0, 0x74, 0x00, 0x41, 0x0F, 0xBA, 0x2C, 0x24, 0x0F }, "xxx?xxxxxx", 0x600)) == -1)

listBoxLog.Log(ListBoxLog.Level.Error, "Could not find patch #3. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.");
should be changed to

if ((patches[2] = FindPattern(new byte[] { 0x85, 0xC0, 0x74, 0x00, 0x41, 0x0F, 0xBA, 0x2C, 0x24, 0x0F }, "xxx?xxxxxx", 0x600)) == -1 && (patches[2] = FindPattern(new byte[] { 0x85, 0xC0, 0x74, 0x00, 0x41, 0x0F, 0xBA, 0x2F, 0x0F }, "xxx?xxxxx", 0x600)) == -1)

listBoxLog.Log(ListBoxLog.Level.Error, "Could not find patch #3. Please inform Ember @ techPowerUp! forums.");

please help i have this model
DEV_1187 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2 of them identicly and can`t get it to work tried diffrent drivers i don`t have the option to enable sli

I attached photos and a system info patch said worked succesfuly did all steps in the read me no problems but still does not work

Attachments

• 760.JPG
    760.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 452
  • System info.rar
    112.1 KB · Views: 152
Mouse Razer Deathader
please help i have this model
DEV_1187 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2 of them identicly and can`t get it to work tried diffrent drivers i don`t have the option to enable sli

I attached photos and a system info patch said worked succesfuly did all steps in the read me no problems but still does not work
you didnt unistall properly your prior driver version, uninstall using DDU then go to C: and erase NVIDIA folder. Also Clean Registry. Good Luck.

To everyone that is having patch #3 issue in latest drivers:

Since the original creator seems to be inactive, I have fixed the issue and uploaded the updated version (which also includes an already patched driver file of 368.39 (10.18.13.6839))
Download can be found here: http://uppit.com/ijc7x3f9lsh9

Enjoy

To those wondering about what was changed:

in frmPatcher.cs (https://github.com/EmberVulpix/DifferentSLIAuto/blob/master/frmPatcher.cs)

if ((patches[2] = FindPattern(new byte[] { 0x85, 0xC0, 0x74, 0x00, 0x41, 0x0F, 0xBA, 0x2C, 0x24, 0x0F }, "xxx?xxxxxx", 0x600)) == -1)

should be changed to

if ((patches[2] = FindPattern(new byte[] { 0x85, 0xC0, 0x74, 0x00, 0x41, 0x0F, 0xBA, 0x2C, 0x24, 0x0F }, "xxx?xxxxxx", 0x600)) == -1 && (patches[2] = FindPattern(new byte[] { 0x85, 0xC0, 0x74, 0x00, 0x41, 0x0F, 0xBA, 0x2F, 0x0F }, "xxx?xxxxx", 0x600)) == -1)

it works! Thank you very much! :respect::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
you didnt unistall properly your prior driver version, uninstall using DDU then go to C: and erase NVIDIA folder. Also Clean Registry. Good Luck.
i did what you said and still does not show up i don`t think i missed a step... just wierd... :(

Mouse Razer Deathader
368.39 not stable for me. I got random freezes. Rolled back to 365.19.:shadedshu:

i did what you said and still does not show up i don`t think i missed a step... just wierd... :(
Did you follow the video tutorial at the end of page 69?

Last edited by a moderator:

CapitanCox

The 2 gb graphics card is connected on the top of pci e slots? I mean if this card is the card connected to monitor? Maybe change cards positions could help the cards to sync. Maybe mismatched ram amounts is the problem.

I fix the problem swapping the graphic card slots. What I do not understand is why the graphic card in the first PCIe slot is recognize as GTX 560 Ti (2) and the graphic card in second PCIe (lowest) slot is recognize as GTX 560(1) in the Nvidia control panel.

Now that I have the graphic card with the less amount of memory in the highest slot the SLI works.

I have still activated the TEST MODE option. I mean there is a text on the bottom right of the desktop saying: " test mode windows 10 Pro Build 10596". Can I disable in somehow? Do I have to leave it?

Meta2

I have still activated the TEST MODE option. I mean there is a text on the bottom right of the desktop saying: " test mode windows 10 Pro Build 10596". Can I disable in somehow? Do I have to leave it?

No, you can not. What is the problem with this sign? You put two incompatible cards in SLI and price you paid for it is the little sing at the bottom of screen. Also you saved you money for buying new graphics card/mobo, and price you paid for it is the little sing at the bottom of screen.

This little sing at the bottom of screen is the cheapest solution you can get to solve you problem. Just forget about it.

Mouse Razer Deathader
I fix the problem swapping the graphic card slots. What I do not understand is why the graphic card in the first PCIe slot is recognize as GTX 560 Ti (2) and the graphic card in second PCIe (lowest) slot is recognize as GTX 560(1) in the Nvidia control panel.

Now that I have the graphic card with the less amount of memory in the highest slot the SLI works.

Maybe you see the graphics card in the bottom slot as the (1) card because of the configuration made by manufacturer. I have a theory maybe with two GPUs on you MOBO the system automatically asign the bottom slot as the principal GPU fo get better performance due to refrigeration efficiency as the card of the bottom will take high load it will need fresh air from you case. While the card of the top will take a little bit hot air. I dont know but thats just my theory...Xb.

Regarding to the watermark yes you can eliminate it google it to get some WaterMark remover...is your Windows copy completely legal? XD

tygrysex

Hi
Firs of all sorry for my english ;)
i write in behalf of my brother in law (whos an idiot by the way, as you can read in few seconds ;)...
He bought a second MSI 780 Gaming, but did not check if his mobo supports SLI, now he ended up with two GTX 780 and a mobo supporting only Crossfire :(

Windows 10
MSI Z87-G43 mobo
Two the same MSI GTX 780 Gaming Twin Frozr

You can see both cards in device manager but no SLI option in the nvidia control panel. I dawnloaded DifferentSLIAuto and every time i try to patch the nvlddmkm.sys file I get the same error massage:
Could not find patch #3

The file is in the root folder of the patcher, I tryed the newest drivers and also a older one like WHQL 364.51... The same error every time.
Can someone please help me to help my brother in law ;)

Mouse Razer Deathader
Hi
Firs of all sorry for my english ;)
i write in behalf of my brother in law (whos an idiot by the way, as you can read in few seconds ;)...
He bought a second MSI 780 Gaming, but did not check if his mobo supports SLI, now he ended up with two GTX 780 and a mobo supporting only Crossfire :(

Windows 10
MSI Z87-G43 mobo
Two the same MSI GTX 780 Gaming Twin Frozr

You can see both cards in device manager but no SLI option in the nvidia control panel. I dawnloaded DifferentSLIAuto and every time i try to patch the nvlddmkm.sys file I get the same error massage:
Could not find patch #3

The file is in the root folder of the patcher, I tryed the newest drivers and also a older one like WHQL 364.51... The same error every time.
Can someone please help me to help my brother in law ;)
Use 1.5 version.
http://uppit.com/ijc7x3f9lsh9

tygrysex

Thanks!
Tha patch was sucesful, the instalation to, but... still no sli settings in nvidia control panel :(
Am I doing something wrong?

Mouse Razer Deathader
Thanks!
Tha patch was sucesful, the instalation to, but... still no sli settings in nvidia control panel :(
Am I doing something wrong?
Yes follow video tutorial at the end of page 69.