• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SLI with different cards

Sich

I have started a conversation with you, this is probably what you call pm ?

Nate

Ok so after a full uninstall and reg edit got it working! SLI on a mac pro, but now I have a small issue.... having to reboot into no drive signing each time... (option 7) is there any way around this?

Last edited:

Namealwaysinuse

Yeah! Congratulations for getting that cards working togheter...regarding to the SLI bridge i strongely recommend that you use it. The SLI works without it yes, but i have been doing some test and some games suffer with fps drops and unstability if SLI bridge is not connected. Cheers...:toast:

This! I build an itx system with two GPUs... without slibridge all benchmarks are fine but games freeze and unfreeze if you push alt-tab :D

muhfugen

In case people are having problems with version 1.5, I found a bug in the instructions/install script. Because the drivers are in use it is unable to replace the official driver with the patched one.

To solve this, I rebooted in to safe mode, and replaced the patched file with the new one. After disabling safe mode and rebooting back in to test mode, I was given the ability to enable SLI. After enabling it the cursor and every window would leave trails on the screen, so I rebooted again. After rebooting the GPUs did not detect that my monitor (Samsung UN40HU6950) was connected, which was resolved by power cycling the monitor. And now SLI is finally working for a Windows 10 Enterprise virtual machine with a pair of GTX 980s passed through on a VMware ESXi 6.0.0 U2 host with the GeForce driver 368.81. In case anyone is wondering how to get the drivers to work on ESXi, add the following to your virtual machines .vmx file

hypervisor.cpuid.v0 = "FALSE"

Last edited:

muhfugen

One problem I have noticed so far is that any application will have a strong flicker, scrolling bars, or other serious graphical anomalies if it is running in full screen mode with SLI enabled. But if it is running in a windowed mode or full screen windowed mode with SLI enabled, or full screen with SLI disabled it works fine. I've tested several games and applications which support both full screen and windowed modes such as Doom 4, Fallout 4, ARMA 3, PlanetSide 2 and EVGA OC Scanner X. My motherboard (SuperMicro X9DAE) does have native SLI support, and when I ran Windows 10 or Windows Server 2012 R2 as the host OS, it did not experience this issue with SLI enabled. I'm not sure if this is being caused by the patch, or due some issue with the GPUs being passed through to a virtual machine with VT-d on ESXi. In case it is relevant the GPUs are on separate PCIe buses on separate processors (Xeon E5 2660v2) due to motherboard and chassis limitations. Does anyone have any ideas on what could resolve this issue? Or know of a way to force games which dont have an option to run in windowed mode, to do so?

Last edited:

muhfugen

To force window: borderless gaming
I gave that a try with Deus Ex: Human Revolution (supports both) and Resident Evil 6 (supports only full screen) and just as its project's site says, it only appears to make games which supported windowed mode borderless. It does nothing to make a game which does not have a option, to run in windowed mode which is what i'm looking for.

System Name Te Juggernaut
Processor Intel Core i7 3770
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Watercooling Loop
Memory 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) 3X GTX 660 Ti`s
Power Supply Cooler master Silent Pro 1000 w
Mouse Razer Deathader
For those having flickering on full screen gaming in the 99% of cases that is due to faulty SLI bridge or faulty GPU...

Namealwaysinuse

No flickering without a bridge (vt-x and d enabled in bios) with two 980ti :) with Vt disabled I have the flickering

Testet on a asrock x99 ITX mobo

fredy FRED

Hello everyone I am contacting you on this forum I bosoin your help because I instaler the new update nvidia 372.54 but the patch sli auto difefferent 1.5 and not compatible just for lower pilot 368.81 if not superior nobody has managed its would be happy to have your advice cordially thank you ..

Not working with Titan Z and Titan X on 368.81 drivers, although I really didn't expect it to. If anyone else thinks it should work, feel free to give ideas.

Mouse Razer Deathader
Not working with Titan Z and Titan X on 368.81 drivers, although I really didn't expect it to. If anyone else thinks it should work, feel free to give ideas.
I think titan z is kepler and titan x maxwell that could be the reason mismatched architectures.:oops:

System Name I overclock AMD setups
Processor AMD 8320+ @ 4.95GHZ / AMD 6300 @ 4.8 Ghz / AMD 8350 @ In RMA
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Gigabyte 970-D3P
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengace
Video Card(s) MSI GAMING GTX 980 @ 1545Mhz core
Storage Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) Acer 144hz
Case Coolermaster CM 690 III (White Version)
Audio Device(s) Creative Titanium Fatality Pro
Power Supply Corsair Hx750i
Mouse Logitech G300s
Keyboard Microsoft Digital Media
Software Windows 10 64
Benchmark Scores 23.0k on Skydiver, 8.1k on Firestrike. 1.5k single, 9.7k multi CPU-Z
Argh. I'm trying to SLI a GTX 460 and 460 v2, Apparently NVidia decided to use completely different architectures for the same model. I've tried DifferentSLI and it did not work. I'm wondering if there is a way to "turn" this v2 card into original by flashing the BIOS or spoofing it's hardware so Windows thinks its an original 460.

Caloss2

Hey all, I gave this a try with a GTX-670 and GTX-680, works brilliantly ! massive thanks to the author
and yeah small shout-out to you.

swider

Can a 1070 and a 970 Nvidia cards sync together? Waiting for 1070 to come thanks
No, you can't. Maxwell & Pascal are different gpu.

Why The Division is not working to well in sli? I have 2x780ti. Is some patch? Different sli 1.5 is working fine with new drivers. But i'm not happy, my game's not working too good. I don't know why.
I'm sorry, my English is not perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mouse Razer Deathader
No, you can't. Maxwell & Pascal are different gpu.

Why The Division is not working to well in sli? I have 2x780ti. Is some patch? Different sli 1.5 is working fine with new drivers. But i'm not happy, my game's not working too good. I don't know why.
I'm sorry, my English is not perfect.
If you are playing from steam the game should be updated and last drivers optimized if you are not having a good gaming experience try to check if you pcie slots are running at 4x at least. If this is not the issue maybe this new game like a lot of incoming games doesnt have a proper well optimized SLI profile...typical nowadays.

fredy FRED

hello I remerci to test the 372.54 drivers I see that it works with patch 1.5 .but it does not work because I have windows 10 1607. jai well instaler nvidia 372.54 driver when I go in to the system 32 and the driver file is not displayed nvlddmkm.sys . and it missing. Sorry for my bad English.

fredy FRED

I am forced to instaled 368.54 to enable sli. because the pilot 372.54 file missing nvlddmkm. ..