• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

So It Finally Happened---> First Genetic Engineered Human Born in China

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I actually like sensible application of this technology. Editing out weakness to disease from our genes would be a positive step forward in human evolution.
Disease is a natural means of population control, what is sensible about increasing the amount of humans this planet has to sustain?

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Well im really looking forward to my eighties now, 50 years from now ;):D ,not only will the music be bleeps and bloops of screaming i hate ,there will be illuminated smart asses with a genetic ego taking all the jobs that the Borg leave behind in a world hotter then mars with all of us presumably living on the mountain tops on figs or mana dependant on religion, Joy.

System Name Ladpot ◦◦◦ Desktop
Processor R7 5800H ◦◦◦ i7 4770K, watercooled
Motherboard HP 88D2 ◦◦◦ Asus Z87-C2 Maximus VI Formula
Cooling Mixed gases ◦◦◦ Fuzion V1, MCW60/R2, DDC1/DDCT-01s top, PA120.3, EK200, D12SL-12, liq.metal TIM
Memory 2× 8GB DDR4-3200 ◦◦◦ 2× 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 ◦◦◦ heaps of dead GPUs in the garage
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 2TB ◦◦◦ Samsung 840Pro 256@178GB + 4× WD Red 2TB in RAID10 + LaCie Blade Runner 4TB
Display(s) HP ZR30w 30" 2560×1600 (WQXGA) H2-IPS
Case Lian Li PC-A16B
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S / Contour RollerMouse Red+
Keyboard Logitech Elite Keyboard from 2006 / Contour Balance Keyboard / Logitech diNovo Edge
Software W11 x64 ◦◦◦ W10 x64
Benchmark Scores It does boot up? I think.
CRISPR babies is the future.
Genetic manipulation of the human species - besides cultivated organisms - is the only way we will get better than this sorry state we are in now.

Now if they would find the genetic defects that allow existence of superstitions (bye bye religion) and moronic politics (bye bye reality-TV president)...

Disease is a natural means of population control, what is sensible about increasing the amount of humans this planet has to sustain?
Let's see you say that when it's your loved one in a hospital dying of a disease curable by genetic therapy modern medicine.

Let's see you say that when it's your loved one in a hospital dying of a disease curable by genetic therapy modern medicine.
^ This. 100000x this. And it's something I'm passionate about.

Humans are not destined to remain on Earth forever, and we will spread to the Stars one day. If no other species of intelligent life is out there (I may subscribe to Rare Earth Theory) we will bring Art, storytelling, Love and compassion to every corner of the galaxy one day. Yes we will bring war and suffering too, but those are two sides of the same, human, coin.

Further thoughts (off topic though):

We are amazing, you are amazing: Each one of us is a collection of trillions of cells working together in harmony to create a walking, talking, biological super computer capable of absolutely anything if we set out minds to it. We have great things inside us, each and every one of us. One day we will shape the stars. Isn't it exciting, to know that right here and now, we humans are the precursor to what could be the most amazing thing in the universe?

Sorry I really digressed but i wanted to share my view. We will change, and evolve. We will advance ourselves and cure disease, the next step in human evolution is not at the hands of nature, but in our own hands. As long as the technology is used to benefit all of humanity, it is a great thing.:love:

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
Another important direct quote:

The idea of gene editing to eliminate diseases .

Posibly the worst idea around I mean whats going to happen when we're all disease resistant and nothing kills us off except old age and then they frig with that so now we live to 200 years old just how many people do you think this planet can feed and water befor it becomes overtaxed

Posibly the worst idea around I mean whats going to happen when we're all disease resistant and nothing kills us off except old age and then they frig with that so now we live to 200 years old just how many people do you think this planet can feed and water befor it becomes overtaxed
Read my comment above please.

Colonisation of other worlds is a very real thing. It will happen in the next 100 maybe 200 years I think. The moon first. Stop thinking we are all bound to remain on Earth.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Genetic manipulation of the human species - besides cultivated organisms - is the only way we will get better than this sorry state we are in now.

Now if they would find the genetic defects that allow existence of superstitions (bye bye religion) and moronic politics (bye bye reality-TV president)...

Tampering with nature never ends well for anyone.

And would be appreciated if you could leave out the quickie political/anti-religious snippets - Both are not on topic.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Don't worry about it you might cure disease but you still can't cure stupid. Alcohol, drugs, suicide, death finds a way. The smartest minds still succumb to these simple things.

@Bones

Human biological engineering is going to happen. 100%. It is scary honestly but I think it is necessary. We will advance beyond what our natural bodies can offer. In order to achieve the next level of technology we will need to upgrade ourselves too. Cybernetics, biological engineering, gene manipulation. These are very real and not far off.

System Name Ladpot ◦◦◦ Desktop
Processor R7 5800H ◦◦◦ i7 4770K, watercooled
Motherboard HP 88D2 ◦◦◦ Asus Z87-C2 Maximus VI Formula
Cooling Mixed gases ◦◦◦ Fuzion V1, MCW60/R2, DDC1/DDCT-01s top, PA120.3, EK200, D12SL-12, liq.metal TIM
Memory 2× 8GB DDR4-3200 ◦◦◦ 2× 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 ◦◦◦ heaps of dead GPUs in the garage
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 2TB ◦◦◦ Samsung 840Pro 256@178GB + 4× WD Red 2TB in RAID10 + LaCie Blade Runner 4TB
Display(s) HP ZR30w 30" 2560×1600 (WQXGA) H2-IPS
Case Lian Li PC-A16B
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S / Contour RollerMouse Red+
Keyboard Logitech Elite Keyboard from 2006 / Contour Balance Keyboard / Logitech diNovo Edge
Software W11 x64 ◦◦◦ W10 x64
Benchmark Scores It does boot up? I think.
Tampering with nature never ends well for anyone.
Said a caveman to another when they saw a fellow use fire to cook food.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
And I believe fire and genetic manipulation are two entirely different things on so many levels...... In fact they are.
I'll pass on all the genome tinkering thank you.

Have a good day.
And I'm out of this thread.

And I believe fire and genetic manipulation are two entirely different things on so many levels...... In fact they are.
I'll pass on all the genome tinkering thank you.

Have a good day.
And I'm out of this thread.
I understand , and i respect your opinion. but i dont want you to think i am not a good person. :( i just truly think great things can and will happen with this.

"With unlimited funds and the ability to engage in research outside of moral and legal obligations,

China controls the most advanced technologies ever conceived..."

Slightly modified version of this :

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
@ArbitraryAffection I'll chime in just one more time then.
I too understand and no, you're not a bad person for believing such could be of benefit, in fact I don't blame you at all for desiring something better. I just know even with the best of intentions when things go wrong, they go wrong.

We're not perfect and mistakes will be made, it's inevitable and think about who would have to pay the price of such or how severe it could be when it happens.
It's best to leave well enough alone.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I'm sure it's been said already, somewhere but the optimism of curing all disease through these techniques is misguided. I'm British. I live in a country with a healthcare system. We are treated for conditions that would be fatal and in other countries, at a cost. In most other countries, such healthcare is not affordable. In many countries what we, in the UK, consider a curable illness, is a death sentence to somebody in a country where they cannot afford that healthcare.

So, the point of the above statement is that this technology will be driven by private, profit-making industry. It will not be delivered to the needy but to the wealthy, those that can afford such treatments. And in many cases, wealth is not associated with productivity. I don't even need to say, life isn't fair to justify that. The future of healthcare and radical new developments in gene therapy will not benefit humanity as the optimists see it. It will be opposed by the conservative religions as tampering with God and opposed by the neo-leftists for creating unequal societies, and I guess, placed out of reach of many by profit-seeking companies. Hey, it's just like Deus-Ex.

As for space exploration? Same thing. Only the wealthy get to leave earth. There's always a pattern in human, environmental evolution and its design is always contrived by commerce.

Strangely, there is one caveat to this and it is China. I believe the political doctrine the nation ascribes to tends to follow 'what is good for the many...' and in that respect, it, as a government could roll out mass genetic manipulation to cure disease (as disease takes the natural resource of a human away from the productivity of a nation). It would be ironic, if, in thirty years time, China is free of disease, due to such an arguably Draconian approach, while the ideological commerce of the West is still riddled with easily curable but costly illness.

And Bones is right, in at least a practical viewpoint. If disease stops taking lives, we will face an ever-increasing struggle for resources, which invariably, throughout humanities entire history, has led to increased conflict and violence. Our way of life would need to radically alter if we are to face a disease-free future. Agriculture, our food preferences, waste management, power delivery; all of these things tie us to a finite realisation. Before we become disease-free and long-lived human beings, we need to sort out the fundamentals of a sustainable existence, otherwise, our future suffering will be tremendous.

Life is always destined to die. It is the one certainty.

I love Saturday morning realism.

Well im really looking forward to my eighties now, 50 years from now ;):D ,not only will the music be bleeps and bloops of screaming i hate ,there will be illuminated smart asses with a genetic ego taking all the jobs that the Borg leave behind in a world hotter then mars with all of us presumably living on the mountain tops on figs or mana dependant on religion, Joy.
And they'll probably still be cheating in PUBGrandiose :laugh:

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813

You sound like a commi, do and think as you like as long as it's within my ideals. In fact other people in history have set out to do away with those they didn't like....

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero
Cooling 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 - 1x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 - D5 VPP655P - 13x Corsair LL120 - LL140
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Hz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB/1TB - WD Blue SN550 1TB - 2 X WD Blue 1TB - 3 X WD Black 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG278QR 2560x1440 144Hz (Overclocked 165Hz )/ Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) I prefer Gaming-Headset
Power Supply Enermax MaxTytan 1250W 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard Virtuis Advanced Gaming Keyboard ( Batboard )
Software Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro/Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores My PC runs FiFA
how many people do you think this planet can feed and water befor it becomes overtaxed

It's already happening.

Colonisation of other worlds is a very real thing. It will happen in the next 100 maybe 200 years I think.

who and what can assure you that the human race will not be extinguished before that?

I'm sure it's been said already, somewhere but the optimism of curing all disease through these techniques is misguided. I'm British. I live in a country with a healthcare system. We are treated for conditions that would be fatal and in other countries, at a cost. In most other countries, such healthcare is not affordable. In many countries what we, in the UK, consider a curable illness, is a death sentence to somebody in a country where they cannot afford that healthcare.

So, the point of the above statement is that this technology will be driven by private, profit-making industry. It will not be delivered to the needy but to the wealthy, those that can afford such treatments. And in many cases, wealth is not associated with productivity. I don't even need to say, life isn't fair to justify that. The future of healthcare and radical new developments in gene therapy will not benefit humanity as the optimists see it. It will be opposed by the conservative religions as tampering with God and opposed by the neo-leftists for creating unequal societies, and I guess, placed out of reach of many by profit-seeking companies. Hey, it's just like Deus-Ex.

As for space exploration? Same thing. Only the wealthy get to leave earth. There's always a pattern in human, environmental evolution and its design is always contrived by commerce.

Strangely, there is one caveat to this and it is China. I believe the political doctrine the nation ascribes to tends to follow 'what is good for the many...' and in that respect, it, as a government could roll out mass genetic manipulation to cure disease (as disease takes the natural resource of a human away from the productivity of a nation). It would be ironic, if, in thirty years time, China is free of disease, due to such an arguably Draconian approach, while the ideological commerce of the West is still riddled with easily curable but costly illness.

And Bones is right, in at least a practical viewpoint. If disease stops taking lives, we will face an ever-increasing struggle for resources, which invariably, throughout humanities entire history, has led to increased conflict and violence. Our way of life would need to radically alter if we are to face a disease-free future. Agriculture, our food preferences, waste management, power delivery; all of these things tie us to a finite realisation. Before we become disease-free and long-lived human beings, we need to sort out the fundamentals of a sustainable existence, otherwise, our future suffering will be tremendous.

Wow. Well thought out post. Thanks for this. It does upset me though. actually it makes me want to cry, a lot. I mean it's not your fault but my happiness bubble this morning just popped :( I guess i should play a video game or something . I'm a very emotional, very compassionate and empathetic person (which is weird as i have an asperger's diagnosis o_o). I love helping people, making people smile and doing good things . Crunching for WCG is giving me purpose in a way, a way i can contribute. But reality is harsh. I cry at news stories all the time. it got so bad bow i cannot read non tech news. After Grenfell tower i cried for over a week every day and became extremely depressed and angry and it pretty much messed me up. I wish i never heard about it. That is an example :(

I wish one day it will change but i guess is human nature. The suffering , poverty, hunger, death and diesease in the world upsets me. And as you said it is for the wealthy and rich. Some people have so much money sitting and doing nothing, or invested in schemes to make them even richer while 10000's people die every day without food to stay alive. it is wrong. We need an AI to sort this out. something that is not driven by pure personal greed.

I can't change it. So i live in my bubble. i am uspet :( ugh. But there has to be hope right? Saving peoples' lives is what i want us to achieve with this technology. But ijust didnt see the bigger picture i guess. yes we need to change before we can advance. In my Sci-Fi role play, tehre is a species called the "Aurc" and they are basically genetically perfect, disease free and their society is extremely well maintained. I mean like their population is very small. Less than million members. each being lives for 1000's of years, and reproduction is highly sacred, and highly controlled. Only enough to sustain the species. The Aurc are "at one" with their homeworld and its ecosystem. They believe it harmony and balance. There is no police in the aurc society because there is no crime. Why? Because they do not want to commit crime. :x

There is a small hint in my backstory that the Aurc were genetically engineered by another , mysterious "race" of "energy beings" (Kardashev V+). These "beings" have ascended physical mortality and become at one with the energy of the cosmos. Apparently they created the Aurc as an experiment of a perfect mortal race, an example to the natural races of the universe perhaps. (I leave it vague so even i dont have a solid canon, makes hte mystery more interesting^^)

The Aurc have a military of sorts, but it is purely for self defence as they have encountered, other, lesser races (including humanity) who seek violence against them (nuclear weapons). This is out of fear so the Aurc understand and do not retaliate, only to protect themselves.

Sorry i digressed about my scifi race but maybe one day we will be "energy" beings. Universe may die of Heat Death in 100-1000 trillion years. But maybe in 50 trillion years "humans" will control entire galaxies with their "minds". :D #HardSciFiFan

ps ddi you see interstellar. i love this film, i love the idea and hint that "future" humans have become so advanced they manipulate dimensions at will.

who and what can assure you that the human race will not be extinguished before that?
Hope.

Last edited:
If they develop to humans, we will see Einsteins, Teslas and other genius people but people forget one thing, If you are changed your child genes, your child isn't English or other countrys and child isn't your blood. He/She is completely different. It isn't ethic and I think that China won't allow in the future because If China allows, other countrys will be develop to technology and use the humans.
It is really scary because we change the human nature. We didn't know the future, we need to be careful. Maybe we will destroy our future and our childs.

Another problem is AI,
Facebook developed AI and they scared fast because of the fact that AI speaks AI and they discover new language quickly. If they enter the Net, (Maybe they will kill humans) other different things to will happen.
@Bones

Human biological engineering is going to happen. 100%. It is scary honestly but I think it is necessary. We will advance beyond what our natural bodies can offer. In order to achieve the next level of technology we will need to upgrade ourselves too. Cybernetics, biological engineering, gene manipulation. These are very real and not far off.
I agree with you. I think that we use for only disease not other things.

I totally agree with you.

I advise the videos,
https://www.ted.com/talks/paul_knoe...babies/transcript?language=tr&hc_location=ufi
https://www.ted.com/talks/jennifer_...it_wisely/transcript?utm_content=&language=tr

Last edited:

FireFox

The Power Of Intel
Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero
Cooling 2x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 - 1x Black Ice Nemesis GTX 420 - D5 VPP655P - 13x Corsair LL120 - LL140
Memory 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Hz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500GB/1TB - WD Blue SN550 1TB - 2 X WD Blue 1TB - 3 X WD Black 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG278QR 2560x1440 144Hz (Overclocked 165Hz )/ Samsung
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) I prefer Gaming-Headset
Power Supply Enermax MaxTytan 1250W 80+ Titanium
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard Virtuis Advanced Gaming Keyboard ( Batboard )
Software Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro/Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores My PC runs FiFA
This scares me because it will be only available to the "elite", so there will become even larger divides in society that there already are. This has the potential to be amazing, for medical reasons especially. I mean we can potentially eliminate diseases and improve lives with this technology. But what I really do not want is 'designer babies'. Where do we draw the line with 'playing God' ?

There won't be a society.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11

Colonisation of other worlds is a very real thing. It will happen in the next 100 maybe 200 years I think. The moon first. Stop thinking we are all bound to remain on Earth.

Well, if you are Hindu, they believe we already came from the stars (other worlds).

Of course every controversial project starts with a Trojan Horse. Pretend that you are trying to do some "good", to be accepted.
Most likely China will try to use this to breed super soldiers.

PS: In US this is not done because it is illegal, not because they couldn't.