• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

So my 6700k is under-performing because of this?

Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
Cooling NH-U12S
Memory RIPJAWS V 2x8 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX GTX970
Storage 850 EVO 500GB, MX500 1TB, WD BLACK 1TB
Display(s) DELL U2415M
Case CORSAIR 500R
Audio Device(s) SENN HD560S
Power Supply TX650M
Mouse G PRO (HERO)
Keyboard K70 LUX (REDS)
Software Windows 10
Hey fellas. I don't post, not much at all, because I am a build a PC after lot of research and then forget about it type of guy, Lol. So I built this 6700k system (upgrading from a i7-950) in 2016. Since then I am using it. Out of habit I change the TIM on the processor once or twice a year, and yesterday I thought about cleaning the PC and change the TIM. Now as I took the processor out of its place and for no reason at all turned it over, I was a bit shocked. Because I noticed at least 7-8 spots where those golden coating is discoloured. I can't express it properly, because i don't speak English but please see the attached photos below herewith (pardon the mobile camera quality).

Underside of the processor- https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNkTrpwDUKGh6xCYFRNUPsdenrF0Hd1ATYim7QG (Unedited)

Another one just in case- https://photos.app.goo.gl/2M6UrUDWRHa3T47t7 (Unedited)

(Edited; added thin red circles around the affected spots, PLEASE ZOOM IN)

Processor socket pins- https://photos.app.goo.gl/1yMpwRwDknqsWPc78 and https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNXfCBMZee4MWREIRwSPJAs3vRyAvWgz2gyXZ9B (I don't notice any bent or burnt pins here, do you?)

Since then I thought it has happened due to overheating of the processor or something, well I do live in India after all. Didn't care much, but then I thought performance of the processor might be degraded because of this and I think I am right. So I went ahead and ran a few benchmark software and in almost all of them the scores are below average/standard for a 6700k I notice.

Benchmark results:

Cinebench- (The legitreview article said they got 931/183 on theirs)

TimeSpy 1.0- (I am yet to see a score below 5000 for the 6700k)

Firestrike 1.1- (GPU score might be okay but kindly focus on the CPU score only)

Geekbench- (Again, google search says the average geekbench score for 6700k is 1156/4487)

Passmark/CPUmark- https://i.imgur.com/v5l3oX2.png (No idea about this one)

Now what should I do here? Like try to RMA it? Its out of warranty anyway! Or just try to clean it with alcohol and just run as it is?

PS- I am just worried about its performance mainly and also that the damage stays where it is, doesn't spread more, that's all. I have plan to use this CPU for two more years at least. Just note, that since buying the system, I have never Overclocked it, everything is running on stock. Even the RAMs I have are 3000 Mhz modules but I don't use the XMP profile so they run at a lower freq. than their default.

Kindly help me out here. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 1700X
Motherboard Asus x370 Prime-Pro
Cooling MSI Frozr L (Push-Pull)
Memory 3000mhz CL15
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Gigabyte OC
Storage 15TB of Mixed Storage
Display(s) 3440x1440
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX + Sennheiser HD 598
Power Supply 750W
Best way to check performance is to check the details on clocks, voltages, temperatures in something like HWInfo64.
But yeah, those pin connects don't look good.

Processor R5 5600
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling SPC Fortis 3
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 2x8
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio RTX 3070
Storage Lexar Pro NM760 1 TB, Corsair MP510 960 GB
Display(s) Dell U2412M
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Power Supply EVGA G2 750W
Mouse Logitech G500
Keyboard SPC Gear GK550 Omnis Kailh Brown RGB
Benchmark results look more or less normal, a bit on the lower side but you said you're running your ram slower than nominal. So it doesn't seem like performance is affected, and it's stable right?
Ever had any power surges or other power related incidents? Those pins look scorched to me, but I'm no expert.

Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard Asus Z690 DDR4
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz CAS16
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 4070 Ti
Display(s) Samsung C32HG70 - 32" 1440p
Case Silverstone GD-07B
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi+Magni 2 Uber - Sennheiser HD595
What I see isn't good, but I would expect serious errors if pin(s) weren't making contact, not just mildly decreased performance. The decreased performance could be anything, starting with RAM and/or incorrect settings in the BIOS. Also, pin/pad damage doesn't just magically appear and spread. It's caused by repeatedly releasing and then tightening the socket lock-lever. STOP CHANGING YOUR THERMAL PASTE TWICE A YEAR LIKE A LUNATIC

System Name maipc
Processor 4790k @ 4.4Ghz / 1.16v
Motherboard Asus vii hero
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2x8GB) Hyperx fury 1866 / CL10
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3060 Ti Gaming X 8GB
Storage 1TB 860EVO + 1TB 860EVO + 4TB WD Red + 4TB WD Red
Display(s) Asus VG259QM (1080p IPS 240Hz)
Case Cooler Master Centurion 6
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-650
Mouse Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Wooting 60HE
Software Win 10 64bit
I only change thermal paste if I think it's bad based on temperatures.
The two oldest systems I still use were built in 2013 and 2014 and they are still using the original thermal paste. And I'm not noticing any cooling degradation.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
What I see isn't good, but I would expect serious errors if pin(s) weren't making contact, not just mildly decreased performance. The decreased performance could be anything, starting with RAM and/or incorrect settings in the BIOS. Also, pin/pad damage doesn't just magically appear and spread. It's caused by repeatedly releasing and then tightening the socket lock-lever. STOP CHANGING YOUR THERMAL PASTE TWICE A YEAR LIKE A LUNATIC
What does changing thermal paste have to do with what's happening underneath the CPU? Looks like a combination of moisture plus perhaps a bit too much power and you get corrosion.

Also, picture of the socket isn't working.

Last edited:
System Name The Banshee
Processor Ryzen 5 5600 @ 4.65GHz 1.20V
Motherboard AsRock X370 Taichi
Cooling CM Hyper 212 Plus
Memory 16GB 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z 3600 CL16 1.35V
Video Card(s) RTX 3060M 6GB @ 1750-2000MHz Core / 1875MHz Mem
Storage 1TB Kingston NV2 & 1TB Mass Storage HDD
Display(s) LG 25UM57-P @ 75Hz OC
Case Fractal Design Arc XL
Audio Device(s) ATH-M20x
Power Supply Evga SuperNova 1300 G2
Mouse Evga Torq X3
Keyboard Thermaltake Challenger
Software Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
The performance looks about right for a 6700K, I wouldn't worry about it scoring a bit low there are many factors that can cause it to score worse.

I'd just give the pads a good wipe with acetone or rubbing alcohol and make sure it's dust free when you re-install it.

Processor Intel 13700K
Case Silverstone GD-07B
What does changing thermal paste have to do with what's happening underneath the CPU? Looks like a combination of moisture plus perhaps a bit too much power and you get corrosion.
Repeatedly releasing and then tightening the lock lever. Repeatedly releasing mounting pressure from the heatsink and then cranking it back down again. Obviously there's some friction going on. The CPU and socket pins/pads aren't designed for 30 installations.

Processor i7 6700K
Cooling NH-U12S
Memory RIPJAWS V 2x8 GB
Display(s) DELL U2415M
Case CORSAIR 500R
Power Supply TX650M
Mouse G PRO (HERO)
Keyboard K70 LUX (REDS)
Software Windows 10
I highly suggest you to calm down there. I believe in tit for tat just to be clear. Don't try me.

Besides, like I said, I change the thermal paste twice a year, yes. Because I live in extremely hot environment, and I saw somewhere that one should change the thermal grease once a year or something, can't recall which forum, obviously. But for this system, I cared much less, as 6700k ran much cooler than my previous system the i7-950, and for the same since the purchase in 2016, yesterday's new thermal paste application was maybe the 4td or 5th time in total I have applied it. Also more hilariously, I don't even take the processor out of its socket while applying the paste, I mean there's no need really. I just drop a peanut size and spread it with a plastic spoon which came with some cooler master cooler long back. Yesterday, don't know why, I just removed the processor out of its socket, maybe this was the 2nd or 3rd time I did that, taking the processor out of its socket.

The performance looks about right for a 6700K, I wouldn't worry about it scoring a bit low there are many factors that can cause it to score worse.

I'd just give the pads a good wipe with acetone or rubbing alcohol and make sure it's dust free when you re-install it.
Thanks I plan to do that.

Also, picture of the socket isn't working.
Working fine on my end. I directly pasted the link from my Google photos upload. Kindly check once again. There are two photos there.

HIt it with a qtip and some %99 iso, see if it comes off. I always clean the pads on my CPU's before putting them in.

Processor Intel 13700K
Case Silverstone GD-07B
I highly suggest you to calm down there. I believe in tit for tat just to be clear. Don't try me.

Besides, like I said, I change the thermal paste twice a year, yes. Because I live in extremely hot environment, and I saw somewhere that one should change the thermal grease once a year or something, can't recall which forum, obviously
LOL....okay buddy. Someone offers helpful advice, and you respond with a threat. I think you need a new translation of "tit for tat".

With that said, it's entirely possible that I'm wrong, and the friction-wear on your CPU contact pads is being caused by something other than what you're doing. For instance, if you happen to live in an earthquake zone, frequently transport the computer in a vibrating truck, or run your PC on top of a washing machine. These are all possibilities which I failed to account for.

Also, I think that thermal paste is designed to withstand......fairly warm temperatures. Probably. I could be wrong again though. Best of luck.

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming / guest-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite / Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Arctic Freezer 50 / Alphacool custom loop
Memory 32GB DDR4-3466 / 16GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / HD 7970 GHz
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD / ~500GB SSD
Display(s) 27" 4K120 + 32" 4K60 / 24" FHD144 + 24" FHD60
Case Define Mini C / Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless / Corsair HS35
Power Supply EVGA G2 750W / Seasonic FX-750
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary / Logitech G400s
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO / NOS C450 Mini Pro
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Win 11 Pro / Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores They both run Crysis
I don't see anything special with the Cinebench result. Never tested with stock 7700K when I had one, but at 5.1GHz seems that I've got 1052cb. Seems to go with hand to hand.

Processor i7 6700K
Cooling NH-U12S
Memory RIPJAWS V 2x8 GB
Display(s) DELL U2415M
Case CORSAIR 500R
Power Supply TX650M
Mouse G PRO (HERO)
Keyboard K70 LUX (REDS)
Software Windows 10
LOL....okay buddy. Someone offers helpful advice, and you respond with a threat. I think you need a new translation of "tit for tat".

With that said, it's entirely possible that I'm wrong, and the friction-wear on your CPU contact pads is being caused by something other than what you're doing. For instance, if you happen to live in an earthquake zone, frequently transport the computer in a vibrating truck, or run your PC on top of a washing machine. These are all possibilities which I failed to account for.

Also, I think that thermal paste is designed to withstand......fairly warm temperatures. Probably. I could be wrong again though. Best of luck.
Hi, mate. Yeah, I forgot to take into account that vibration part, darn. Forgive me. Gettin old. Yeah, I keep the cabinet on top of a washing machine, which is used 14 times every day. I think that IS the reason for what's happened here. Thanks so so much for this brilliant insight, mate. All is sorted now.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
set to high performance power mode and run again?

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
clean the pads with 90% Alcohol, then use an eraser to remove anything that is left behind. That looks like residue on the pads, like seepage from a chemical. What Thermal material are you using? Put it on something that isn't vibrating, but not on the ground or you'll have an extra vacuum cleaner.

Processor i7 6700K
Cooling NH-U12S
Memory RIPJAWS V 2x8 GB
Display(s) DELL U2415M
Case CORSAIR 500R
Power Supply TX650M
Mouse G PRO (HERO)
Keyboard K70 LUX (REDS)
Software Windows 10
set to high performance power mode and run again?
Thanks. Actually I did the tests initially on my default Balanced profile on Windows 10 but then changed it to High Performance mode and it increased the scores only a little bit (negligible), those screenshots which are posted above are mostly done on HP mode.

clean the pads with 90% Alcohol, then use an eraser to remove anything that is left behind. That looks like residue on the pads, like seepage from a chemical. What Thermal material are you using? Put it on something that isn't vibrating, but not on the ground or you'll have an extra vacuum cleaner.
I will use IPA 90% to rub off those spots (if they come off that is) but I am not sure how to apply the eraser here. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I am using the paste which came with my cooler, some NT-H1. My cabinet is perfectly placed on my floor, it doesn't vibrate at all, obviously, Lol. That above comment of me of towards the attention seeking person/troll was obviously sarcastic.

PS- I chatted with Intel support yesterday for over an hour and they had me test three of their apps. Some SSU, XTU etc. ones, and in all of them the processor did fine, obviously, but when I spoke about the discoloured spots and that other benchmark scores are low the customer rep. didn't care much and said he will analyse the results (of the said Intel tests) and try to relate with the reasons leading to the occurrence of the spots within next three days. I just checked the warranty section, and the processor just went out of warranty like 2 days ago.

Last edited:
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
the discolorations wouldn't necessarily slow the processor down - they would be terminal if they caused any kind of meaningful signal loss (like when snapped a pin before, and only a bit was making contact with the pad, my pc wont post).

So you would either be crashing or the system wouldnt post if that bit of corrosion was actually doing anything. The symptoms would be more extreme than a perfectly stable processor that was a few % slower.

It sounds like a motherboard/memory/configuration issue maybe -- most likely it's not boosting properly. My bet is if you lock it to 4.6 or 4.5 ghz the processor would perform exactly like a 6700k at 4.6 or 4.5 ghz.

Last edited:
Processor i7 6700K
Cooling NH-U12S
Memory RIPJAWS V 2x8 GB
Display(s) DELL U2415M
Case CORSAIR 500R
Power Supply TX650M
Mouse G PRO (HERO)
Keyboard K70 LUX (REDS)
Software Windows 10
the discolorations wouldn't necessarily slow the processor down - they would be terminal if they caused any kind of meaningful signal loss (ive snapped a pin before and once it's gone the pc wont post).

So you would either be crashing or the system wouldnt post if that bit of corrosion was actually doing anything.

It sounds like a motherboard/memory/configuration issue maybe -- most likely it's not boosting properly. My bet is if you lock it to 4.6 or 4.5 ghz the processor would perform exactly like a 6700k at 4.6 or 4.5 ghz.
Oh OK. Could be a motherboard/memory config issue. I really don't want to overclock. With the factors mattering in like where I live, and that a good air cooler is still not as good as a liquid unit at least for temperature, I really don't want to push high temps. I can just enable the XMP profile on the RAMs, so that they will run at their native 3000 mhz speed and redo the tests. But I read that even enabling XMP means somewhat a small overclocking of the CPU, so I kept it disabled and the RAMs run at 2100 or 2400 or whatever, not sure.

Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Oh OK. Could be a motherboard/memory config issue. I really don't want to overclock. With the factors mattering in like where I live, and that a good air cooler is still not as good as a liquid unit at least for temperature, I really don't want to push high temps. I can just enable the XMP profile on the RAMs, so that they will run at their native 3000 mhz speed and redo the tests. But I read that even enabling XMP means somewhat a small overclocking of the CPU, so I kept it disabled and the RAMs run at 2100 or 2400 or whatever, not sure.

I think it's important to keep in mind that a 6700k can survive a minor house-fire and be fine when it comes to temps.

Here's some videos of intel processors and how they handle heat (one of them is pretty old but all of the failsafes are basically the same):

The thermal throttling and shut down will keep your CPU alive and happy, so you're fine enabling xmp and even overclocking as long as you don't disable thermal protections, even if all your fans die and your cpu heatsink falls off.

I appreciate that you don't want to OC, just trying to put your mind at ease when it comes to high temperatures for CPU/GPU.

Last edited:
Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
Use the eraser just like an eraser to "CLEAN" the PADS, show me side to side. Also use it to clean contacts on memory sticks the same way, Rub it left then right............

Processor 2500K @ 4.5GHz 1.28V
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair A70
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600 9-9-9-24 1T
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 470
Storage Crucial m4 128GB + Seagate RAID 1 (1TB x 2)
Display(s) Dell 22" 1680x1050 nothing special
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W
Software Windows 7 64bit Pro
The guy who told you to stop taking the CPU out of the socket so often was actually on to something. You can see that almost every single pad has scratches on them. Those pins have a very small contact area on the pad so if there are scratches that are keeping them from making an ideal contact on the pads, you'll get arcing which will cause exactly the sort of damage seen in your pic.

You have to take into account that benchmarks are done in fresh systems, without background apps and using fast ram, in other words, best case scenario.
Also, if you're worried about temps use a monitoring app. Don't do stuff like changing TIM twice a year and not using xmp (facepalm) "because i've read it increases temperature". Dude, you're using a 6700K STOCK, it should be running cool as it is, even in hot climates (40+ C). I would clean those pins as advised, install the cpu, activate xmp, install a monitoring app, and leave it as it is unless you get 90+°C on your CPU

System Name Cheapskate Maximus
Processor Xeon W3680 @ 3.99Ghz [133x30] [1.375v]
Motherboard HP Z400 Rev 2
Cooling Alpenfohn Brocken v1
Memory 3 x 4GB DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX570 Nitro+
Storage 240GB WD SSD, 6 x 2TB HDD
Display(s) 27" iiyama XB2783HSU AMVA+
Case AeroCool
Power Supply HP 600w Bronze (Delta)
Keyboard Gots keys
Software W10 x64
PS- I am just worried about its performance mainly and also that the damage stays where it is, doesn't spread more, that's all. I have plan to use this CPU for two more years at least. Just note, that since buying the system, I have never Overclocked it, everything is running on stock. Even the RAMs I have are 3000 Mhz modules but I don't use the XMP profile so they run at a lower freq. than their default.

If you're worried about the damage staying where it is then I'd probably clean it up while you have it out of the socket and leave the thermal paste alone once applied - as long as you're using decent stuff then it won't degrade within a year, even in a warm climate.

It really shouldn't look like that from running at stock frequencies, poor contact will kill your chip a lot quicker than thermal paste going funky. In a twist of savage irony, trying to keep the chip in good condition by constantly changing the TIM etc is probably what's going to kill it.

Processor i7 6700K
Cooling NH-U12S
Memory RIPJAWS V 2x8 GB
Display(s) DELL U2415M
Case CORSAIR 500R
Power Supply TX650M
Mouse G PRO (HERO)
Keyboard K70 LUX (REDS)
Software Windows 10
The guy who told you to stop taking the CPU out of the socket so often was actually on to something. You can see that almost every single pad has scratches on them. Those pins have a very small contact area on the pad so if there are scratches that are keeping them from making an ideal contact on the pads, you'll get arcing which will cause exactly the sort of damage seen in your pic.
Yes obviously taking the CPU out of its socket is bad. That's why I don't take it out of the socket. I do however, believe that, 'often =/= 3-4 times in a span of 3 years', I am pretty sure I am right about that, and thereby his snide comments were/are not welcome and moreover not the capitalised the personal attacks.

To all others, thanks a lot for chiming in, really appreciate it. I am not getting any time but I will surely clean to processor very soon and mention how it went. And finally I will enable the XMP profile, Lol, it's been three years :) I do monitor the temps by the way, I use CPU ID H/W monitor app for the same. And if the processor cores crosses 70 degrees I don't like that, however, I have found it only touches and slightly crosses that when I used to game for a straight span of 3+ hours only, and that too when room temp was above 31-32 degrees. But I don't get time to really that much any more and it hovers around 31-32 degrees at Idle, which is almost identical with my room temp.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
It isn't necessary to repaste it. Paste should last like 5 to 10 years depending on the paste you used.