• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Softmod 9800 succeeded, FSAA not possible!

ThE_EnD

I have a big problem and stuck. I've applied the softmod (9800SE AIW to 9800pro AIW) from Omegadrivers and I am not able to to use FSAA. The computer hangs and I have to reboot. I tried several options including Driver Cleaner, the drivers delivered from Tech power up but all without succes. My PSU is strong enough (Antec true Power 380w) so that also could not be the problem. I've read a similar problem over at driverheaven, but no good answer.

I know it works because it did in the past. However I upgraded my computer from an AMD XP 2600+ with nvidia Nforce2 chipset, to an AMD 64 3400+ with a VIA chipset. Each have there own AGP driver. Maybe there could be the problem?

Can someone help me?

Frozen

Ive seen that some softmodded cards are just weak and have defects, and when theyre stressed, they crash. If i play FarCry with full AF i get problems... :s

PSDeluX

Dont think its anything wrong, just that the card is to weak to take it all. Dont know if it would help with extra cooling probably no.

Im currently running my 9500np@pro and it works like a charm with FSAA turned on.

ThE_EnD

I don't think the card is to weak, because it was already possible in my 'old' system as I described (I've played Gothic with everything on (FSAA 4x). So it must be an other problem. The first one could be the power as I doubt it because this one is from Antec. B, It could be the AGP driver. That was in the other system NVIDIA, in this one VIA. So I'm a bit stuck here.